Page 33 of 48 FirstFirst ... 23313233343543 ... LastLast

Thread: Tiguan Exhaust

Users Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by tigger73 View Post
    I am planning on automating the valves so I can limit the noise when in light throttle as it’s not the best sound. When giving it the beans it’s great but when you’re just puttering around you probably want it mostly quiet.
    Love to hear how you automate the valves. I'm looking at a Varex setup ATM - its a bit pricey though!
    2018 VW Tiguan 162 TSI Sportline
    APR Stage 3 ECU tune, TVS Stage 2+ TCU tune, IS38 Rev F turbo, APR intercooler, APR dump pipe, Racingline intake kit & 034 rear swaybar.
    XForce Varex muffler & controller on the way.

Users Country Flag
    Does anybody run catless and non resonated donwpipe with golf r catback valves open? Is it at least bearable?

I have fitted whole 76 custom catback and going to replace it. Every thing located in the car salon starts ringing at 2200-3000.

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by dimajedi View Post
    Does anybody run catless and non resonated donwpipe with golf r catback valves open? Is it at least bearable?

I have fitted whole 76 custom catback and going to replace it. Every thing located in the car salon starts ringing at 2200-3000.
    Thats going to be loud all the time.....

I ran an aftermarket rear muffler with my CTS 200 CEL Cat, no resonator with stage 2 tune and it was unbearable.. It was so bad that I put the stock muffler back on after 2 days.
    Tiguan Gen2 162TSI Etuners IS38 Stage 3 238.6 kw@4 wheels

Users Country Flag
    Has anyone tried fitting an XForce cat back for the mk7/7.5 onto a 162TSI R Line Tiggy? I am hoping that one will fit straight onto my CTS downpipe/res delete.

No reason why you couldn’t but you’ll be chopping up a good exhaust to fit it.

Some people have gone for louder exhaust than stock R and got drone so you’ll be going into uncharted territory.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2017 Tiguan Sportline - Tigger73's 162TSI Sportline

2016 Scirocco R, stage 1, 205kwaw (sold) - Tigger73's Scirocco R Build
    2013 Tiguan 155TSI, stage 1, 144kwaw (sold) - Tigger73's 155TSI Build
    2011 Tiguan 125TSI, Stage 2+, 152kwaw (sold)
    - Tigger73's 125TSI Build

Users Country Flag
    The cat on the tig is at the back of the turbo so does the xforce cat-back system include the downpipe, res delete already?

Users Country Flag
    I think when they say "cat back", they mean dump pipe back. My CTS dump pipe has a cat mounted a bit further back, on a straight section of pipe, and deleted the factory Tig res, although I imagine that it wouldn't delete the res in a golf. I like the fact that the X Force system includes a res (hopefully eliminate some drone) but it is a "hotdog" style, so hopefully it will clear everything under the car.

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by rnewman89 View Post
    I think when they say "cat back", they mean dump pipe back. My CTS dump pipe has a cat mounted a bit further back, on a straight section of pipe, and deleted the factory Tig res, although I imagine that it wouldn't delete the res in a golf. I like the fact that the X Force system includes a res (hopefully eliminate some drone) but it is a "hotdog" style, so hopefully it will clear everything under the car.
    Yes the CTS downpipe has a 200 CEL CAT under the back seats as have one also installed, this is what causes the CEL light as the 2 x oxygen sensors are near the back of the turbo where the stock CAT is.

$985 for non-varex is not too bad

Users Country Flag
    Where abouts did you find a non-varex option? I can only find the valved version available for $2200 including the controller.

Users Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by rnewman89 View Post
    Where abouts did you find a non-varex option? I can only find the valved version available for $2200 including the controller.
    Click on catback for options. 2k is going to be for the full system.

VOLKSWAGEN GOLF GTI MK 7 & MK 7.5 2013-2019 | XForce Australia

Page 33 of 48 FirstFirst ... 23313233343543 ... LastLast