Page 11 of 48 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Thread: Tiguan Exhaust

Users Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Psych101 View Post
    I'm confused now.

Do you hit it from inside the bumper out or the other way around? (i.e. hit from the black plastic side or from the chrome side?)
    From the chrome side.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Got around to doing more comparison audio, hope this gives a greater appreciation of the sound inside and out.

I noticed that I don't get the DSG upshift farts with launch control. I get it during normal driving, the intensity of the DSG upshift farts are dependent on how heavy the throttle application.
    Last edited by veew; 28-10-2019 at 09:10 AM. Reason: Finally worked out how to embed YT videos
    Current:
    2017 Mk2 Tiguan 162TSI, R-line, White
    2020 Mk7.5 Golf R Wagon, White

Users Country Flag
    Need to get those flaps to open above 3000rpm
    Tiguan Gen2 162TSI Etuners IS38 Stage 3 238.6 kw@4 wheels

Users Country Flag Thread Starter
    So I finally managed to get hold of a Golf R exhaust and am getting it installed on Thursday. The one I have got is from a Mk7.5 only done 10,000km so should be like new.

Also working on a way of being able to manually (via remote) control whether the valve flaps are open or closed. I think I have come up with something but want to wait until I get the exhaust installed and hearing what it sounds like before going down this track as there will be a bit of cost involved.

For you guys who have the exhaust already installed, is it possible to reach the plugs on the actuators without dropping the exhaust? I need to be able to get to them to plug the wiring in so want to know how easy that would be.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Current Ride: 2019 CUPRA Ateca in Energy Blue with Bucket Seats

Look what I just picked up today....

Installation is booked for tomorrow so really excited. Just finished polishing the tips to make them extra shiny!!

Users Country Flag
    Nice one NZ_GolfR. I'm looking forward to pics/vids post install.

Quote Originally Posted by NZ_GolfR View Post
    Look what I just picked up today....

Installation is booked for tomorrow so really excited. Just finished polishing the tips to make them extra shiny!!
    Looks good. Be interested in how you go especially if you get the valves connected up.

2017 Tiguan Sportline - Tigger73's 162TSI Sportline

2016 Scirocco R, stage 1, 205kwaw (sold) - Tigger73's Scirocco R Build
    2013 Tiguan 155TSI, stage 1, 144kwaw (sold) - Tigger73's 155TSI Build
    2011 Tiguan 125TSI, Stage 2+, 152kwaw (sold)
    - Tigger73's 125TSI Build

Users Country Flag
    nice work! good luck with the install

I'm keen to get your/the shop's experience on the trim removal - that's been the blocker for all the shops I've gone to so far >.<
    MY09 MKV Golf R32 | Black Pearl | Recaros | Sunroof | RNS510 | Purchased Feb '10 | Sold Jul '17
    MY19 MKII Tiguan Highline 162TSI | Indium Grey | S&V | Pano Roof | R-Line | Purchased Nov '18

Well that was a real fizzer!! Despite me having gone in and talked to them before hand about what I wanted to do and showed them the pictures of what you other guys had done they didn't have and of the gear needed when I went in there today (no stainless pipe or exhaust clamps). They got part way into it and the boss comes over and says that he thought it was a straight bolt in replacement despite me having specifically told him that the tips needed to be cut, extended and welded back on plus extra pipe to remove the central resonator and join to the existing exhaust pipe. They wanted me to leave the car with them over night but that is a no go as it is my work vehicle. They hung up the new exhaust and measured up how much pipe they need so will get it organised plus and extra clamp and hanger and then we will re-schedule.

On the plus side, I managed to get the fake trims off myself before I took it in so it can be done without the car jacked up. The first one took about 30-45 minutes before i worked out how to get it off then the second one only took 5 minutes!! I will take some photos later and write up instructions as best as I can to help you other guys in getting these off.

Users Country Flag

Well that was a real fizzer!! Despite me having gone in and talked to them before hand about what I wanted to do and showed them the pictures of what you other guys had done they didn't have and of the gear needed when I went in there today (no stainless pipe or exhaust clamps). They got part way into it and the boss comes over and says that he thought it was a straight bolt in replacement despite me having specifically told him that the tips needed to be cut, extended and welded back on plus extra pipe to remove the central resonator and join to the existing exhaust pipe. They wanted me to leave the car with them over night but that is a no go as it is my work vehicle. They hung up the new exhaust and measured up how much pipe they need so will get it organised plus and extra clamp and hanger and then we will re-schedule.

On the plus side, I managed to get the fake trims off myself before I took it in so it can be done without the car jacked up. The first one took about 30-45 minutes before i worked out how to get it off then the second one only took 5 minutes!! I will take some photos later and write up instructions as best as I can to help you other guys in getting these off.
    haha bugger!

theoretically you could leave the Tig res as is and just attach the R muffler from where the pipe starts/comes out of the muffler. Remove the res later on (depending on sound preference)

Round of applause for removing the trim! looking forward to the write up, might give me some confidence to try myself (thanks in advance)
    MY09 MKV Golf R32 | Black Pearl | Recaros | Sunroof | RNS510 | Purchased Feb '10 | Sold Jul '17
    MY19 MKII Tiguan Highline 162TSI | Indium Grey | S&V | Pano Roof | R-Line | Purchased Nov '18

Page 11 of 48 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast