Thread: Tiguan Coding

Users Country Flag
    Blog Entries

Tiguan Coding

Can the neon strip lights in the doors and roof be changed to a colour by coding or are they white only neons?
    Is it possible to re code colours in the dash to personalise its appearance?
    Is the obdeleven the best method to re code and where is the best place to purchase one?
    Thanks for any information.
    MY18 Tiguan R Line Black-162 Highline TSI
    Drivers Assistance Package - Sunroof - Tow Bar
    Ordered July 17 Arrived December 17 Delivery Jan 18

Users Country Flag
    The strip lights are only white unfortunately. I can't comment on the roof as I don't have a sunroof.
    The only colours you can change are the dash area.
    I was bummed when I picked the option using OBDEleven to unlock 30 colours only to find out it affected the dash area only.
    I purchased my OBDEleven from AutoInstruct.

Users Country Flag
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Beedub View Post
    The strip lights are only white unfortunately. I can't comment on the roof as I don't have a sunroof.
    The only colours you can change are the dash area.
    I was bummed when I picked the option using OBDEleven to unlock 30 colours only to find out it affected the dash area only.
    I purchased my OBDEleven from AutoInstruct.
    Thanks for the info, what other changes have you made and was it a easy process.
    MY18 Tiguan R Line Black-162 Highline TSI
    Drivers Assistance Package - Sunroof - Tow Bar
    Ordered July 17 Arrived December 17 Delivery Jan 18

Users Country Flag

Enabled the Virtual Cockpit Theme from ALLTRACK to R for an even more sportier look.

Enabled the DRL settings in head unit, as I like manual control.

Enabled the Gauge test-needle sweep.

Enabled DRLs off with handbrake.

Enabled Windows function from remote.

Enabled Refuel quantity in dashboard.

Changed Lane assist warning level to Adjustable via MIB, and then set that to Low.

Changed Lane assist wheel vibration to Adjustable via MIB, and set that to Low.

I fiddled with the Auto lock but got annoyed with it, so turned it off. Having the car lock itself when I was outside the car and shut the drivers door just wasn't practical for me.

The one feature I really wanted an OBDEleven for doesn't work in my MY19 Wolfsburg, and that was to disable Stop/Start. Seems VW have prevented that from being switched off, and the app warned me as such.

Overall tinkering is very easy to do using the "apps" (predefined codes to modify features). I haven't dived into manual coding.