Thread: Tiguan build delays?

Tiguan build delays?

Hi all,
    I purchased a 162TSI R-line in May 2021 with a ETA April 2022. I’ve had constant delays from the dealer with excuse after excuse.
    I’ve spoken with other dealers who have said they have a few in the pipeline arriving August 2022 but my dealer has now told me that my car has been allocated build week 47 of this year and won’t get it until February 2023. So that’s almost 2 years since purchasing. Does this seem extremely long? I’ve real a lot of people have purchased and received their cars already after my initial purchase date.
    Any advice would be greatly appreciated

Are you ordering the Tiguan R? Or the 162 R-line?

If it was the R I'd kind of understand but 162 R-line sounds like the dealer hadn't done their job properly.

Sent from my SM-G998B using Tapatalk

2017 Tiguan Sportline - Tigger73's 162TSI Sportline

2016 Scirocco R, stage 1, 205kwaw (sold) - Tigger73's Scirocco R Build
    2013 Tiguan 155TSI, stage 1, 144kwaw (sold) - Tigger73's 155TSI Build
    2011 Tiguan 125TSI, Stage 2+, 152kwaw (sold)
    - Tigger73's 125TSI Build

Quote Originally Posted by tigger73 View Post
    Are you ordering the Tiguan R? Or the 162 R-line?

If it was the R I'd kind of understand but 162 R-line sounds like the dealer hadn't done their job properly.

Hello,

I have ordered a 162TSI r line - still waiting. Something doesn’t add up and have just been advised build date in week 47 this year.

Either the stock controller forgot to order your car or they allocated your car to someone else and you got bumped.

There was a stop on orders for a while and the factory wasn't accepting new orders but sounds like you've been stuffed around by an incompetent dealership.

Not much you can do now other than wait. If you screw up the contract and go somewhere else you'll just be at the back of the queue again Tiguan build delays?

2017 Tiguan Sportline - Tigger73's 162TSI Sportline

2016 Scirocco R, stage 1, 205kwaw (sold) - Tigger73's Scirocco R Build
    2013 Tiguan 155TSI, stage 1, 144kwaw (sold) - Tigger73's 155TSI Build
    2011 Tiguan 125TSI, Stage 2+, 152kwaw (sold)
    - Tigger73's 125TSI Build

Sounds like your car has been sold already to someone willing to pay top dollar, the dealerships have recognised that there is a car shortage and can pretty much get top dollar for any new car in stock

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Hi, I ordered my R-Line 162 in June 2021 through car agency Carconnect and ETA has been delayed again and again from Dec 2021 to Jan/Feb 2022 to June 2022 now. No build date has ever been provided. What I know is the dealer will get some stocks of R-Line 162 in June but in different color, they are selling them for $75k or more which is $15k higher than my original order. Do you guys think if we could report to fair trading if dealer has sold our cars to someone else for higher price or haven’t placed our orders to factory properly.

Quote Originally Posted by James23 View Post
    Hi, I ordered my R-Line 162 in June 2021 through car agency Carconnect and ETA has been delayed again and again from Dec 2021 to Jan/Feb 2022 to June 2022 now. No build date has ever been provided. What I know is the dealer will get some stocks of R-Line 162 in June but in different color, they are selling them for $75k or more which is $15k higher than my original order. Do you guys think if we could report to fair trading if dealer has sold our cars to someone else for higher price or haven’t placed our orders to factory properly.
    I'm not sure if you can James. I know that vw Australia is trying to crack down on dealers for doing this behaviour. The only punishment they can dole out is to reduce the allocation of cars to those dealers.

Quote Originally Posted by Vwcorrerog View Post
    I'm not sure if you can James. I know that vw Australia is trying to crack down on dealers for doing this behaviour. The only punishment they can dole out is to reduce the allocation of cars to those dealers.
    Hi, I am just inspired by you that I could seek for VW Australia’s help to find out what’s actually going on with my order in the dealer. They may be able to help investigate internally.

Users Country Flag
    I ordered mine in May 2021 and is not coming until September this year now. I think everyone is in the same boat. I doubt the dealer sold your car to anyone else.

Quote Originally Posted by James23 View Post

Users Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Shortyy View Post
    Hi all,
    I purchased a 162TSI R-line in May 2021 with a ETA April 2022. I’ve had constant delays from the dealer with excuse after excuse.
    I’ve spoken with other dealers who have said they have a few in the pipeline arriving August 2022 but my dealer has now told me that my car has been allocated build week 47 of this year and won’t get it until February 2023. So that’s almost 2 years since purchasing. Does this seem extremely long? I’ve real a lot of people have purchased and received their cars already after my initial purchase date.
    Any advice would be greatly appreciated
    I ordered mine December '21 162TSI R-line, and was informed it'd be a to-order factory build. Told October '22, I have followed up and status a couple months ago was SCHEDULED (whatever that means), dealer said to expect start of 4th quarter. Y'all have made me nervous that it'll be October '23!