Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Tiguan/Allspace Big Brake Kits

Tiguan/Allspace Big Brake Kits

Hi guys, I thought since I'm seeking the extra oomph from my engine that I better consider upgrading my front brakes. Even if just changing the OEM pads and roters, that going that slightly larger diameter or larger 6 pot would be beneficial.

I been in contact with brakesdirect.com and discussed a couple of options to fit within the 20" wheel, with either their 6 pot Alcon Monobloc & 375x32mm Alcon roter or 4 pot Alcon Monobloc 355x28mm Forza roter. I would need these to be fitted by someone, I won't attempt it myself. Are these any good, I've not heard of the brand?

Would going with known brands like AP Racing, Brembo, Leyo, APR be better?

This is mainly for street daily driving with the odd dragstrip day. So need good cold stopping power aswell as good stopping from highspeed. Also a pad that doesn't squeal in traffic.

My apologies if this has already been posted, all I seen was about pads.

Cheers
    2018 Tiguan Allspace R-Line - Platinum Grey Metallic
    Stage 3 - Snail IS38 Hybrid Turbo - Etuners Motorsport - 265.5awkw's

Users Country Flag
    Racing Line have a pretty decent setup that should fit.

Users Country Flag
    You havent heard of Alcon? Geez. Do yourself a favour and have a quick Google and you will see they are very well regarded and widely used in racing/motorsport worldwide.

The VW Racing / Leyo / APR calipers are more than often re-branded calipers from either Brembo, AP Racing or Alcon. These companies (VW Racing etc) do not sell a large enough quantity of calipers to justify R&D/design etc of their own calipers when perfectly capable calipers already exist.
    2017 Ford Fiesta ST
    2015 Audi SQ5 bi-turbo V6 TDI family hauler

Users Country Flag
    2017 Ford Fiesta ST

Users Country Flag
    The more sensible and no doubt much cheaper option would be to install brakes from another VAG vehicle such as the Golf R or an Audi RS3.

The Golf R brake caliper and pad is only slighly larger than the Tiguan, but the disk size is bigger so this would give better braking performance.

The RS3 caliper is a 6 piston design (similar to the Brembo/Alcon etc) options, and the disk is a good size larger than the Tiguan.
    2017 Ford Fiesta ST

Thanks for that Lucas_R. Wow they really are renowned for their performance and quality values. Maybe in the car fanatics area I was exposed too, I didn't get to see this in action or being recommended.

I prefer to purchase brand new components and if I went the Golf R or RS3 setup these would be (im guessing) hard to find and/or almost as expensive as the Alcon setup? What size afe these standard anyway?

The guy told me that these kits will fit straight on but would need to order custom hats and brackets which can take 4-6 weeks.

Does anyone know where I can get aftermarket kits fitted in Melbourne?

Also what setups is good for the rears or will the standard OEM setup be sufficient for what I intend to use it for? Im guessing it'll need to be compatible with the electronic handbrake?

Big Brakes - Allspace R-Line

Quote Originally Posted by Razor80 View Post
    Also what setups is good for the rears or will the standard OEM setup be sufficient for what I intend to use it for? Im guessing it'll need to be compatible with the electronic handbrake?
    Hardest park is finding something compatible with the electronic handbrake. You're better off going with a pad (and rotor?) upgrade for the rear only. Pads have the most effect and rotors just for looks

I'm getting a set of the Alcon 6 pots with DBA T3 rotors fitted up tomorrow.

Last edited by tigger73; 19-06-2019 at 10:39 PM.

2017 Tiguan Sportline - Tigger73's 162TSI Sportline

2016 Scirocco R, stage 1, 205kwaw (sold) - Tigger73's Scirocco R Build
    2013 Tiguan 155TSI, stage 1, 144kwaw (sold) - Tigger73's 155TSI Build
    2011 Tiguan 125TSI, Stage 2+, 152kwaw (sold)
    - Tigger73's 125TSI Build

Quote Originally Posted by tigger73 View Post
    Hardest park is finding something compatible with the electronic handbrake. You're better off going with a pad (and rotor?) upgrade for the rear only. Pads have the most effect and rotors just for looks

I'm getting a set of the Alcon 6 pots with DBA T3 rotors fitted up tomorrow.

Thanks tigger73, I was thinking pads for the rear as being an easier option. I can see this rear clipper being a headache!

That's exactly the colour caliper I was looking at, don't won't the red or black standing out too much and would blend better with the rear.

What size rotor have you gone for with the DBA? What pads are you planning to use?

Quote Originally Posted by Razor80 View Post
    Thanks tigger73, I was thinking pads for the rear as being an easier option. I can see this rear clipper being a headache!

That's exactly the colour caliper I was looking at, don't won't the red or black standing out too much and would blend better with the rear.

What size rotor have you gone for with the DBA? What pads are you planning to use?
    They’re a 378mm rotor. Not sure on pads will find outplayed today as the workshop I go to (Haines Mechanical & Detail) is fitting the kit.

Brake calipers have actually been painted since this pic. Long story short the brakes had been bought in and repainted for another customer who ended up not going through with the install.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2017 Tiguan Sportline - Tigger73's 162TSI Sportline

2016 Scirocco R, stage 1, 205kwaw (sold) - Tigger73's Scirocco R Build
    2013 Tiguan 155TSI, stage 1, 144kwaw (sold) - Tigger73's 155TSI Build
    2011 Tiguan 125TSI, Stage 2+, 152kwaw (sold)
    - Tigger73's 125TSI Build

Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast