Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast

Thread: Tiguan/Allspace Big Brake Kits

Hi, thanks for the reply mate.

I checked the link you sent me, really massive brake kit but it seems that he used wheel spacers too.

".... Time for winter tyres, and back on the heavy OEM trinity wheels.
    Had to put 13mm spacers on the front due to bbk, and wheels still fit barely.

I risked not being able to mount these original rims...but at the end it was ok with a margin of almost 1 mm! [https://www]

Also fitted 16mm spacers on the back... "

VW Tiguan Allspace 2.0 BiTDi Stage 1 291HP DSG7 R-Line 7seater

Hi, just for the record, I got today a very good offer from my local VW dealer, for fitting the original oem Tiguan R front brakes set, offer which I will probably accept.

The good thing is that they are direct bolt on to my car, without voiding the warranty, as it is a Factory OEM Kit from the most powerful version of Tiguan, the "R". Needless to say that it fits without any problems in both my 20" and 19" alloys.

The full kit, which is offered (including installation) at the special price of 2,650$ AUD for me, includes the following:

- 5WA615123BSQ5 (5WA615123C) left brake caliper blue

- 5WA615124BSQ5 (5WA615124C) right brake caliper blue

- 5WA698151B brake pads

- 5WA615301A discs 357mm (set of 2)

- 5WA615311A left splash shield

- 5WA615312A right splash shield

- 5WA611701 brake hose

- XXXXXXXX Calipers brackets set

Just for the record....

VW Tiguan Allspace 2.0 BiTDi Stage 1 291HP DSG7 R-Line 7seater

Aren't the stock rotors 340mm? For that price I personally wouldn't bother - you'd get better performance upgrading your pads and rotors & brake fluid for about half the cost.
    2019 Tiguan R-Line - IS38 Turbo - Spectuned - X-Force Downpipe - RS7 Spark Plugs - CTS Inlet Elbow - ECS Inlet Pipe - K&N Panel Filter - Golf R Muffler - APR Exhaust Controller - Superpro Rear Swaybar - Digital Dash Retrofitted - 034 Dogbone Mount - DBA T3 Rotors & Pads - Golf R Springs

Yeah, the stock brakes are 340x30 already. You think it's not worth it due to price or efficiency?

If they're fine for the R one, they'll be fine for mine too. Anything bigger needs wheel spacers as I mentioned before, which I don't want.

PS: By selling my used set afterwards, I can minimise the cost at half price.

Στάλθηκε από το M2102J20SG μου χρησιμοποιώντας Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by topmar View Post
    Yeah, the stock brakes are 340x30 already. You think it's not worth it due to price or efficiency?

If they're fine for the R one, they'll be fine for mine too. Anything bigger needs wheel spacers as I mentioned before, which I don't want.

PS: By selling my used set afterwards, I can minimise the cost at half price.

Στάλθηκε από το M2102J20SG μου χρησιμοποιώντας Tapatalk
    I don’t think you’ll notice much difference in braking performance if you’re keeping stock pads and rotors, so not worth the $$.
    2019 Tiguan R-Line - IS38 Turbo - Spectuned - X-Force Downpipe - RS7 Spark Plugs - CTS Inlet Elbow - ECS Inlet Pipe - K&N Panel Filter - Golf R Muffler - APR Exhaust Controller - Superpro Rear Swaybar - Digital Dash Retrofitted - 034 Dogbone Mount - DBA T3 Rotors & Pads - Golf R Springs

Again, I still don't get it... How come the standard single-pot calipers with any brand/type of aftermarket rotors + disks size 340x30, could be better in performance than the oem 356x34 2-pot set I decided to fit.

And, it may look a small size upgrade (from 340x30 to 356x34), but with the better caliper (2-pot) there should be significantly better performance in comparison to the stock ones now.
    Last edited by topmar; 28-10-2021 at 05:53 AM.

Tiguan/Allspace Big Brake Kits

Quote Originally Posted by topmar View Post
    Again, I still don't get it... How come the standard single-pot calipers with any brand/type of aftermarket rotors + disks size 340x30, could be better in performance than the oem 356x34 2-pot set I decided to fit.

And, it may look a small size upgrade (from 340x30 to 356x34), but with the better caliper (2-pot) there should be significantly better performance in comparison to the stock ones now.
    Well it depends on what you’re classifying as ‘performance’.

Sure - Yes what you’ve done - slightly bigger disk and one more piston per caliper might give you a bit more clamping pressure - but push your car hard for more than a few hard stops e.g spirited driving through hills or more so on a track - and the stock pads & rotors will start to fade very quickly.

Anyway just my opinion. See how they go, just suggesting to fit some ‘upgraded’ pads/rotors.

Thanks for the suggestions mate.

I need to paint the rear ones now, in order to match the color of the front new R ones.

Does anyone know if there is a specific color code for Golf/Tiguan R, blue calipers?

Edit: I just found out what the colour code is.... It's VW RAL 5002 ULTRAMARINE BLUE.

VW Tiguan 2.0 BiTDi 240HP DSG7 R-Line 7seater
    Last edited by topmar; 07-11-2021 at 06:48 AM.

Hi all, the operation "R front brakes" has been completed.

Rear calipers were painted the same colour as the new R ones.

Here are some pictures of the process.

VW Tiguan 2.0 BiTDi Stage 1 300HP DSG7 R-Line 7seater

Hi,i got the same brake kit but mine are red because they are the GTI Clubsport version.We tried them on today but no luck..the brake hoses and speciffically the banjo bolts of the tiguan did not match the caliper.As it seems,the CS or R caliper uses 12mm banjo bolts rather than the 10mm banjo bolts of the Tiguan..can you confirm this?I saw in a earlier post that you also swapped to the original R brake hoses because of this problem.I mean,the brake hose of the R caliper still connects to the hard brake line?

Greetz Erik.

Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast