Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: Tiguan/Allspace Big Brake Kits

I am personally looking to splash some color on a set of calipers but I have a question regarding direct fitment of Mk7 gti calipers or any other VW subsidiary. I live rather close to a premium collision center and see on occasion S3, Macans, QS3 etc... there’s an RS3 there now but the calipers have already been removed.

Thanks very much in advance for the help on this
    Last edited by tigger73; 15-04-2021 at 05:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by MarshmallowFalcon
    I am personally looking to splash some color on a set of calipers but I have a question regarding direct fitment of Mk7 gti calipers or any other VW subsidiary. I live rather close to a premium collision center and see on occasion S3, Macans, QS3 etc... there’s an RS3 there now but the calipers have already been removed.

Thanks very much in advance for the help on this
    I don’t think GTI calipers will be an upgrade for the Tiguan.

Porsche Macan is a good front brake upgrade if you can find a set at a reasonable price.
    Last edited by tigger73; 15-04-2021 at 05:19 PM.

2017 Tiguan Sportline - Tigger73's 162TSI Sportline

2016 Scirocco R, stage 1, 205kwaw (sold) - Tigger73's Scirocco R Build
    2013 Tiguan 155TSI, stage 1, 144kwaw (sold) - Tigger73's 155TSI Build
    2011 Tiguan 125TSI, Stage 2+, 152kwaw (sold)
    - Tigger73's 125TSI Build

Quote Originally Posted by tigger73

Porsche Macan is a good front brake upgrade if you can find a set at a reasonable price.
    sorry, I didn’t mention this caveat. I’m not necessarily looking to “upgrade” the braking performance but more the look. That’s why I asked about the GTI, to see if you know if they’re direct bolt ons. I’m currently working on a ducati build that is taking the majority of my resources. So this has to start very affordable. Any information on direct bolt on replacements would be amazing. Front and rear
    Last edited by tigger73; 15-04-2021 at 05:21 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by MarshmallowFalcon
    Quote Originally Posted by tigger73

sorry, I didn’t mention this caveat. I’m not necessarily looking to “upgrade” the braking performance but more the look. That’s why I asked about the GTI, to see if you know if they’re direct bolt ons. I’m currently working on a ducati build that is taking the majority of my resources. So this has to start very affordable. Any information on direct bolt on replacements would be amazing. Front and rear
    Ok so if all you want is colour then it will be a lot cheaper to paint the stock calipers. You can even do a 90% job while they’re on the car (nobody but you will know the back/insides have no paint/ colour).

Mk7 Golf R / GTI Performance fronts are same size as the Tiguan. Standard GTI is smaller.

Standard GTI rear brakes are same as Tiguan (300mm solid disc) but Golf R/GTI performance get slightly larger 310mm ventilated discs which are ~10mm thicker.

So if you were going to change calipers only you’d need Golf R fronts and GTI rear but then they come different colours (GTI are red vs. Golf R black) so you’d have to paint them anyway if you wanted them to match.

Much easier/cheaper just to paint the stock brakes. Either gets a spray can of high temperature paint or there is a 2 part brush on system from Foliatec that I’ve used with success in the past.

Users Country Flag
    Hi guys,

Need to change my front rotors/break pads. Been quoted ~$700 incl. low dust break pads. Not sure what parts that implies. Know next to nothing about this but been following the above thread.

Given this change - is it worth paying a little bit more and getting a proper kit upgrade? What do people recommend?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by alin13 View Post
    Hi guys,

Need to change my front rotors/break pads. Been quoted ~$700 incl. low dust break pads. Not sure what parts that implies. Know next to nothing about this but been following the above thread.

Given this change - is it worth paying a little bit more and getting a proper kit upgrade? What do people recommend?
    The only affordable brake upgrade would be a front disk and caliper from a Mk7 Golf R or GTI Performance (both use the same larger caliper and 340mm disk). Otherwise any other upgrade will cost you several thousand dollars.

For a street driven Tiguan both are overkill unless you want the looks of the bigger brakes behind the wheel.
    2017 Ford Fiesta ST
    2015 Audi SQ5 bi-turbo V6 TDI family hauler

Quote Originally Posted by Lucas_R View Post
    The only affordable brake upgrade would be a front disk and caliper from a Mk7 Golf R or GTI Performance (both use the same larger caliper and 340mm disk). Otherwise any other upgrade will cost you several thousand dollars.

For a street driven Tiguan both are overkill unless you want the looks of the bigger brakes behind the wheel.
    But given the Tiguan already runs 340mm front rotors there's no major benefit other than a little weight saving on the caliper (and a better finish on the caliper).

Agree that anything else is big $ and the front brakes are already pretty reasonable.

Users Country Flag
    Hello MarshmallowFalcon
    Please let me know if interested to purchase brand new Genuine original Porsche Macon Brembo ultra light Brake calliper complete set kit for ready to bolt on o Tiguan or any compatible VW MQB car like Golf 7 Passat...
    All brand new in box. Including Kit set Porsche Macan Bremobo 4 pot Allu calliper set. including New custom made to fit Hell Performance brake Stainless Steel braided brake lines set. Brembo brake mounting set with pins and shims. Racing performance Germany Zimmermann brake pads set .
    so complete all you need except 3x 0.5L dot4 performance brake fluid when changing . this Set if purchased locally will cost you over $4000 , overseas once you pay import taxes and custom fees cheapest $2200-$2500 plus all frustration waiting and dealing with International Sellers
    My price for hole set $1700 fixed not negotiable as is already priced to quick sell

If have time I can also preform in Sydney installation at additional cost ,including proper Power Pressure bleed with VW Sw .

PM if interested , pictures available on request but please only for serious Buyers
    Last edited by cameleon72; 05-07-2021 at 12:06 PM.

Hi all, I am in the process of searching for a new front BBK for my BiTDi Allspace Stage 1 (291HP). At the moment the factory ones are single pot 340x30mm ones.

Only restriction I have is that I DON'T WANT wheel spacers on, in order to fit the bigger calipers of the set.

Wheel sets I am currently using, are the following:

Summer: 8.5Jx20" ET38
    Winter: 7Jx19" ET43

As easily understood, plenty of VAG sets can be used, with only restriction if they will fit or not in the above mentioned wheel sets.

I tried to minimise the possible OPTIONS that might fit directly without the need for wheel spacers, to the following ones:

- The first and minimum possible option could be the brakes of a Tiguan R (or Arteon), 4-pot calipers with disk size 356x34mm, which surely fits directly.

- Looking for a slight bigger set, next option could be the brakes of an Audi S2, 6-pot calipers with disk size 360x34mm. Only concern is that it is an old discontinued model (Audi S2) and I don't know if spare parts (like pads etc) will be available by the local dealer.

- Moving on, next option could be the brakes of Audi RS4, 8-pot calipers with disk size 365x34mm.

- The final option, could be the brakes of Audi TTRS, 8-pot calipers with disk size 370x32mm.

All the above BBK's might fit directly, without the need for wheel spacers, in my opinion.

I also found aftermarket sets, with Akebono Calipers, for which I was told that the calipers are too thick and neither of them will fit my wheels without wheel spacers, the following ones:

- Akebono RS 6-pot calipers from Audi S4/S5 B9 with disk size 355x34mm.

- Akebono RS 6-pot calipers from Audi RS4/RS5 B9 with disk size 375x34mm.

So, here come the questions:

1) Has anyone already fitted any of the above mentioned BBK sets on his Tiguan, on any of the 2 oem alloys I said, without wheel spacers? Any photos would be appreciated.

2) What is the biggest set of BBK's I can fit in my oem wheels (I know 20's can have any set of brakes, but 19"s is the issue)?

Any purchase links are more than welcome of course.

Thank you in advance.

PS: I live in the EU area.

VW Tiguan Allspace 2.0 BiTDi Stage 1 291HP DSG7 R-Line 7seater

Hi @Topmar, reading your post I recalled a thread on the Briskoda forum re a BBK for a Skoda Superb stage 3 in the Eu, below is an extract and link if this is of interest. Good luck

"It took quite a long time to find the right to me big brake kit, in the end the choice fell back on vagbremtechnic kit that includes 6 pistons AP calipers, floating 390mm AP rotors and DS2500 brake pads. For sure oversized for street use, but safety first. Note that this kit fitted perfect with Racingline R360 wheels without spacers.

480985-272-superb-opf-stageiii

Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast