Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Tiguan/Allspace Big Brake Kits

Quote Originally Posted by Razor80 View Post
    My rear Forza rotor kit has arrived, looks pretty nice. Can't wait for the install. Now the painful wait for my 6's
    Looking good. Really interested to hear how these go. May consider something similar - but matching rotors with my fronts.

2017 Tiguan Sportline - Tigger73's 162TSI Sportline

2016 Scirocco R, stage 1, 205kwaw (sold) - Tigger73's Scirocco R Build
    2013 Tiguan 155TSI, stage 1, 144kwaw (sold) - Tigger73's 155TSI Build
    2011 Tiguan 125TSI, Stage 2+, 152kwaw (sold)
    - Tigger73's 125TSI Build

Quote Originally Posted by tigger73 View Post
    Looking good. Really interested to hear how these go. May consider something similar - but matching rotors with my fronts.
    I did exactly that, I've changed from the DBA 5000 to the same Forza in 378x32mm so that its matching style all round. Think this size has just become available to them.
    Not sure if there is other kits available that utilizies the OEM caliper and this size and price point. Could be wrong though...
    2018 Tiguan Allspace R-Line - Platinum Grey Metallic
    Stage 3 - Snail IS38 Hybrid Turbo - Etuners Motorsport - 265.5awkw's

I did exactly that, I've changed from the DBA 5000 to the same Forza in 378x32mm so that its matching style all round. Think this size has just become available to them.
    Not sure if there is other kits available that utilizies the OEM caliper and this size and price point. Could be wrong though...
    That pad does look a bit small everything considered, however if it retains the stock rear brake with park brake it obviously makes life a LOT easier in terms of rear upgrades.

Are you planning on painting the calipers to match?

That pad does look a bit small everything considered, however if it retains the stock rear brake with park brake it obviously makes life a LOT easier in terms of rear upgrades.

Are you planning on painting the calipers to match?
    I am hoping that this kit does make a difference, a more balanced feel under hard braking. Once setup with the fronts, should be sweet!
    The pads look a lot smaller in the pics then in the hand, quite beefy too... What is the size of the OEM pads?

Not sure if I'll paint them, not too fussed at this stage unless I bought a more open-faced wheel. However I do quite like that silvery/grey look and would match the 6 piston finish or close to it. I'm really fussy if the paint finish isn't perfect, will do my head in

I am hoping that this kit does make a difference, a more balanced feel under hard braking. Once setup with the fronts, should be sweet!
    The pads look a lot smaller in the pics then in the hand, quite beefy too... What is the size of the OEM pads?
    The OEM pads would have to be the same size I would have thought as they're going into the same caliper. I think you'll find with the pad upgrade and larger rotor size will definitely be a good rear upgrade.

Not sure if I'll paint them, not too fussed at this stage unless I bought a more open-faced wheel. However I do quite like that silvery/grey look and would match the 6 piston finish or close to it. I'm really fussy if the paint finish isn't perfect, will do my head in
    Hmmm. The rear caliper mounts are black but you probably won't see to much of them. Given the Alcons are silver you could either look to get a pint match to the Alcon silver colour or leave the rears stock??

Other option is to paint both front and rears the same to match (which would help with your OCD). I have some Alon stickers if you need them sing out

The OEM pads would have to be the same size I would have thought as they're going into the same caliper. I think you'll find with the pad upgrade and larger rotor size will definitely be a good rear upgrade.

Hmmm. The rear caliper mounts are black but you probably won't see to much of them. Given the Alcons are silver you could either look to get a pint match to the Alcon silver colour or leave the rears stock??

Other option is to paint both front and rears the same to match (which would help with your OCD). I have some Alon stickers if you need them sing out
    Oh yes I forgot about the brackets being black!! Now this may complicate things, how would I go about painting them. Could I use a paintbrush, as spray paint would somehow go in areas where it's not?

What's got me thinking now is that, the caliper being this silvery colour (which I like) they're going to get dirty real quick even with "low dust pads", so I wonder if they can be ceramic coated like what you did on your bodywork?

Oh those the Alcon logo's are just stickers ha ha, I thought they were painted on or stamped and filled! Will let you know if I need them, thanks.

Oh yes I forgot about the brackets being black!! Now this may complicate things, how would I go about painting them. Could I use a paintbrush, as spray paint would somehow go in areas where it's not?

What's got me thinking now is that, the caliper being this silvery colour (which I like) they're going to get dirty real quick even with "low dust pads", so I wonder if they can be ceramic coated like what you did on your bodywork?

Oh those the Alcon logo's are just stickers ha ha, I thought they were painted on or stamped and filled! Will let you know if I need them, thanks.
    I would paint the brackets with a spray can before installing. For the rear calipers if it was me I’d just tape everything up and paint them in place. You won’t necessarily get to every part of the brakes but you’ll paint everything you can see. Also paint them before you change rotors/pads so any overspray goes on the parts you’re taking off.

You can ceramic coat the brake calipers. Same with wheels which will also help with cleaning.

Yeah logos are just stickers. I have a bunch of spares from when mine were painted. There’s a number that are surplus to requirements so if you need a set give me a shout.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What sort of spray paint would you suggest, a dedicated caliper paint or something else that gives a smoother glosser finish? Think paint I've used on previous cars gave a matt/satin finish but won't smooth.

What sort of spray paint would you suggest, a dedicated caliper paint or something else that gives a smoother glosser finish? Think paint I've used on previous cars gave a matt/satin finish but won't smooth.
    VHT do a high temperature spray can that you can get from most auto stores (Supercheap/Repco/etc). Whatever you do just don't use their clear unless you're going to bake them in an oven as the clear won't harden properly and brake dust stick to it like glue.

If you want a nice finish you'll have to file/polish the casting first before painting otherwise it'll be all rippled.

I did find some 2-pack high temperature caliper paint that I used on my previous car, except the supplier no longer brings it into the country and it's hard to get anyone to ship internationally as is classified as a dangerous goods.

Thanks, I'll keep that in mind. I'll have a look at my nearest stockest.
    I'll look into someother options thats available here and maybe do some test samples before committing to the real thing lol

Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast