Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Tiguan ACC retrofit

Users Country Flag

Tiguan ACC retrofit

Hi All,

Here in Australia, (not sure about other markets) VW offered the 2017 Tiguan in 3 trim levels all with Front Assist and City Emergency Brake.
    Not too sure how this is done across the rest of the model range yet.

Therefor they are equipped with a front camera module and auto distance radar as well as the appropriate ABS module.
    The only other part required is a new button set for the steering wheel (there are a few version depending on if you have an Rline wheel, regular wheel, DSG paddles etc)

However Adaptive Cruise Control is part of an additional package known as the Driver Assistance Package that also includes Side Assist etc

So whilst all the requisite hardware is there for ACC (other than the steering wheel buttons), it cannot be enabled by simply coding the modules correctly.
    VW have chosen to lock the feature using Feature Enable Codes, and will not offer to enable ACC as a paid SoftWare as A Product upgrade.

Yesterday I activated ACC on 2 Tiguans, one a Comfortline TSI and another an RLine TDI.

What is required in order to perform the retrofit is a brand new ("virgin") Canbus gateway module and front radar module.
    In our case we used the exact same radar part number, (2Q0 907 572 H) but used a newer 5Q0 907 530 AM gateway in place of his original 3Q0 gateway.
    You can't just add the FEC to the existing factory modules unfortunately...

Then ODIS online with Geko access is required to clear Component Protection and perform the coding etc.
    Perform G85 steering angle sensor and radar calibrations and away you go.

I have written up the procedure in a document however it contains copyright material which I can't reproduce here without permission so send me a PM and I can share it with you.
    Last edited by kamold; 19-01-2018 at 12:59 PM.
    2011 Skoda Octavia vRS TDI DSG wagon|Revo Stage 1|Race Blue|Leather|Dynamic Xenons w 6000K|9w7 BT|THA475 Amp+active sub|Whiteline ALK|RVC|
    2009 R36 wagon|Biscay Blue|RVC|Tailgate|ECU and DSG tune|LED DRL/Indicators|3D colour cluster|Quad LED tail rings|Climatronics upgrade|Dynaudio retrofit|B7 RLine Flat Steering Wheel|3AA CCM|TPMS Direct|B7 Adaptive Cruise with Front Assist|Discover Media retrofit|PLA 2.0|Lane Assist|BCM retrofit|High Beam Assist|DQ500

Users Country Flag
    Working like a dream. Thank you again for your time and effort.

So how much does it cost all-up? Once you replace the various modules?

2017 Tiguan Sportline - Tigger73's 162TSI Sportline

2016 Scirocco R, stage 1, 205kwaw (sold) - Tigger73's Scirocco R Build
    2013 Tiguan 155TSI, stage 1, 144kwaw (sold) - Tigger73's 155TSI Build
    2011 Tiguan 125TSI, Stage 2+, 152kwaw (sold)
    - Tigger73's 125TSI Build

Users Country Flag Thread Starter
    Quote Originally Posted by tigger73 View Post
    So how much does it cost all-up? Once you replace the various modules?
    I'm still waiting on a bill for the online work but all up it should be around $600 or something

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk
    2011 Skoda Octavia vRS TDI DSG wagon|Revo Stage 1|Race Blue|Leather|Dynamic Xenons w 6000K|9w7 BT|THA475 Amp+active sub|Whiteline ALK|RVC|
    2009 R36 wagon|Biscay Blue|RVC|Tailgate|ECU and DSG tune|LED DRL/Indicators|3D colour cluster|Quad LED tail rings|Climatronics upgrade|Dynaudio retrofit|B7 RLine Flat Steering Wheel|3AA CCM|TPMS Direct|B7 Adaptive Cruise with Front Assist|Discover Media retrofit|PLA 2.0|Lane Assist|BCM retrofit|High Beam Assist|DQ500

Users Country Flag

Tiguan ACC help

Quote Originally Posted by kamold View Post
    Hi All,

Here in Australia, (not sure about other markets) VW offered the 2017 Tiguan in 3 trim levels all with Front Assist and City Emergency Brake.
    Not too sure how this is done across the rest of the model range yet.

Therefor they are equipped with a front camera module and auto distance radar as well as the appropriate ABS module.
    The only other part required is a new button set for the steering wheel (there are a few version depending on if you have an Rline wheel, regular wheel, DSG paddles etc)

However Adaptive Cruise Control is part of an additional package known as the Driver Assistance Package that also includes Side Assist etc

So whilst all the requisite hardware is there for ACC (other than the steering wheel buttons), it cannot be enabled by simply coding the modules correctly.
    VW have chosen to lock the feature using Feature Enable Codes, and will not offer to enable ACC as a paid SoftWare as A Product upgrade.

Yesterday I activated ACC on 2 Tiguans, one a Comfortline TSI and another an RLine TDI.

What is required in order to perform the retrofit is a brand new ("virgin") Canbus gateway module and front radar module.
    In our case we used the exact same radar part number, (2Q0 907 572 H) but used a newer 5Q0 907 530 AM gateway in place of his original 3Q0 gateway.
    You can't just add the FEC to the existing factory modules unfortunately...

Then ODIS online with Geko access is required to clear Component Protection and perform the coding etc.
    Perform G85 steering angle sensor and radar calibrations and away you go.

I have written up the procedure in a document however it contains copyright material which I can't reproduce here without permission so send me a PM and I can share it with you.

-------------------

Hallo,
    could you help me suggesting what to do?
    I have just bought a VW Tiguan business style equipped with ACC (there are the steering wheel buttons).
    Nontheless ACC does not work, since I cannot set speedn an other parameters.
    I push the steering buttons, but it seems no effects is done.
    Could you please advice me?
    This is my email
    magio348@gmail.com
    Thanks and Regards
    Marco

Quote Originally Posted by MarcoG View Post
    -------------------

Hallo,
    could you help me suggesting what to do?
    I have just bought a VW Tiguan business style equipped with ACC (there are the steering wheel buttons).
    Nontheless ACC does not work, since I cannot set speedn an other parameters.
    I push the steering buttons, but it seems no effects is done.
    Could you please advice me?
    This is my email
    magio348@gmail.com
    Thanks and Regards
    Marco
    You should start with getting the car scanned for any faults with vcds.
    Post the autoscan. This will show any faults as well as the setup of the car.
    Last edited by kamold; 07-04-2018 at 06:43 AM.

Users Country Flag
    Hi! Greetings from a similar latitude, but a completely opposite timing zone.

Here in Argentina, the new Tiguan only comes in the long-wheel version, but with 3 different trim levels, Trendline, Comfortline, and Highline. Regrettably, none of them comes with the ACC option, so no radar. The Highline comes with the front camera to turn on and off the lights depending on who is coming in front, but does not have lane assist, nor sign detection. In any case, I have a comfortline, that doesnt come with camera either. But once I learned about it, every day I dream about the possibility of activating ACC. As far as I have researched, I would need the radar, the sterring wheel buttons with the ACC button (the button in my tig in that position has "mode" to choose between standard cruise control or speed limit control), and I guess the camera, sure it is needed for lane assist, but is it strictly necessary for ACC? Of course appropriate wiring harness as well as supports for both the radar (that I understand in our tig is behind the VW logo) and for the camera (I know even a different windshield would be required, but to test at least, I am thinking on building with my 3D printer a case that I could glue below the mirror support).

My question to everybody, and special kind request to kamold, is if you could share the document that you elaborated with your experience for activating ACC, as well as any other comment you may have to aid me in this quest. I have both a HEX VAG COM, as well as VAS 5054, not yet tested online, but heard that some genius can connect by internet and remotely handle your activation (any experience in this regard will be highly appreciated as well).

Many thanks to everybody!

Christian

There is some good information here:
    http://mqb.pl/en/adaptive-cruise-con...it-acc-on-mqb/

There are radar modules which have been modified so that the SWaP codes are loaded. You would also likely need to replace the canbus gateway.
    What is the part number of your front assist camera? Or is it just the module that sits in the rear view mirror at address 20?

Did anyone trid to upgrade to AID and 360° area view (birds view) it is part of the sound and vision pack in Australia?
    I will think that the display have components protection.
    Thanks.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

I know it has been done.
    Not that straight forward, and need to use the big calibration boards down both sides of the car with ODIS to calibrate the cameras.
    Camera module doesn't have CP, it's coding and adaptation.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast