Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 44

Thread: Tiguan 162 Rline questions / issues

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Feb 2021
    Location
    Sydney, NSW
    Posts
    9
    Users Country Flag

    Tiguan 162 Rline questions / issues

    Hi,


    I have recently picked up my Tiguan Rline (21) and have a few issues / questions:


    - For some reason the dealer never put the radio logo's. I have downloaded them to do myself but for the life of me I cant see an option to upload them. All i get when going to station logos and selecting a station os no logos available. Anyone know how to upload them? (im trying with a usb)


    - I have tried 2 x SD cards in the slots and neither seem to be detected. Anyone have any tips?


    - I want to update my discovery pro nav but nothing shows up. I downloaded Aus the maps from Volkswagen App-Connect | smartphone apps in your car, extracted to USB (which has 21 folders and 1 file) but when i go to settings > system information > update, nothing shows. For system information it has:


    Hardware - H56
    Software 0782
    Navigation database : 19.11
    Media Codec: 3.1.4
    Radio Database <blank>


    - Dynamic road signs always show as no data, doesnt seem to pick up anything.




    Is this all a case of VW doing SFA pre delivery or is it a lack of knowledge on my behalf?


    Any help would be great appreciated.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Pacific Paradise QLD
    Posts
    6,273
    Users Country Flag
    A bit of both probably Presumably your car is a 2020 build Complianced in 2021

    Firstly if you have a DISCOVER PRO the map is here Volkswagen Map Updates

    Is 29GB and when unzipped is 2 folders and a text file on a 32Gb SD card
    Dynamic road signs are probably not enabled as they arent on all older 5 seaters but can be done and just so you know they arent perfect because of the limitations of our type of maps. Look through the VCDS forum and you will pick up a lot of info on how to do what you want .

    One thing the 2020 models have been quite severely munted for electronic mods by VW EG you cant turn off Stop Start plus other stuff

    You could read my post here but will need an OBDEleven to do stuff at a cost of over $150 or some s/handones on here for $100


    List of OBDEleven mods and how to do the 30 of them
    2019 Tiguan 162 R line with DAP & Sound & Vision .White
    Front cam Blackvue 750S and Rear Blackvue DR590-HD.
    Coming in AUG 2021 Kamiq LE Moon White
    2010 Polo 77TSI Flash Red, SOLD

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Newcastle
    Posts
    4,590
    Users Country Flag
    I recently uploaded radio logos to my 2015 Golf GTI. The process was simple enough. I used this guide but used a usb memory stick instead of the SD cards. MIB Custom Radio Station Logos – MK7 Golf – AutoInstruct

    Surely the Tiguan couldnt be much different from this?

    I cant imagine the dealer would upload the radio logos for you as part of pre-delivery. Knowing dealerships, they probably arent even aware it can be done.

    As for why your SD slots do not work - cant help you with this.
    2015 Mk7 GTI Performance
    2015 Audi SQ5 bi-turbo V6 TDI family hauler

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Feb 2021
    Location
    Sydney, NSW
    Posts
    9
    Users Country Flag Thread Starter
    Quote Originally Posted by Hillbilly View Post
    A bit of both probably Presumably your car is a 2020 build Complianced in 2021

    Firstly if you have a DISCOVER PRO the map is here Volkswagen Map Updates

    Is 29GB and when unzipped is 2 folders and a text file on a 32Gb SD card
    Dynamic road signs are probably not enabled as they arent on all older 5 seaters but can be done and just so you know they arent perfect because of the limitations of our type of maps. Look through the VCDS forum and you will pick up a lot of info on how to do what you want .

    One thing the 2020 models have been quite severely munted for electronic mods by VW EG you cant turn off Stop Start plus other stuff

    You could read my post here but will need an OBDEleven to do stuff at a cost of over $150 or some s/handones on here for $100


    List of OBDEleven mods and how to do the 30 of them
    Thanks.

    The AUZ / NZ map is only a 1.7GB download and when opening the archive has 21 folders. wouldnt the Europe one be the 29GB one (which is no help for me)

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Feb 2021
    Location
    Sydney, NSW
    Posts
    9
    Users Country Flag Thread Starter
    Quote Originally Posted by Lucas_R View Post
    I recently uploaded radio logos to my 2015 Golf GTI. The process was simple enough. I used this guide but used a usb memory stick instead of the SD cards. MIB Custom Radio Station Logos – MK7 Golf – AutoInstruct

    Surely the Tiguan couldnt be much different from this?

    I cant imagine the dealer would upload the radio logos for you as part of pre-delivery. Knowing dealerships, they probably arent even aware it can be done.

    As for why your SD slots do not work - cant help you with this.
    When i go to station logo's, I get a list of the stations, then select the station and all i get is no station logo's. (I have the disocery pro) There is no option to select and storage devices to add one. I have looked all over the net and am yet to see any instructions on how to do it for the discovery pro

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Pacific Paradise QLD
    Posts
    6,273
    Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by Nexus View Post
    Thanks.

    The AUZ / NZ map is only a 1.7GB download and when opening the archive has 21 folders. wouldnt the Europe one be the 29GB one (which is no help for me)
    If you have an Rline it normally has the 9" flat face discover pro with NO BUTTONS (unless you dont have the sound and vision pack) and have something else and no the map for that one IS 29GB the Discover MEDIA that looks like the older models is 4.3 GB You are arguing with your Grandma here LOL

    If you go to the link I provided and put in the correct info as to car model/year/ media unit it will take you to the correct map. which is P90 for a PRO
    2019 Tiguan 162 R line with DAP & Sound & Vision .White
    Front cam Blackvue 750S and Rear Blackvue DR590-HD.
    Coming in AUG 2021 Kamiq LE Moon White
    2010 Polo 77TSI Flash Red, SOLD

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Feb 2021
    Location
    Sydney, NSW
    Posts
    9
    Users Country Flag Thread Starter
    I select this
    Tiguan 162 Rline questions / issues-selection-jpg
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Tiguan 162 Rline questions / issues-selection2-jpg  

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Feb 2021
    Location
    Sydney, NSW
    Posts
    9
    Users Country Flag Thread Starter
    Tiguan 162 Rline questions / issues-file-jpgand this is what i get

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Feb 2021
    Location
    Sydney, NSW
    Posts
    9
    Users Country Flag Thread Starter
    Appreciate your assistance with this, I just dont understand how what I am selecting is incorrect?

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Pacific Paradise QLD
    Posts
    6,273
    Users Country Flag

    Ok might have figured it out as it seems you have a Gen 3 unit when ours are Gen 2 and dont have USB C.
    I suggest you download the manual on that page and substitute the maps in the instructions with AUS and do what it says.

    Seems they are updating whats in it rather than as on ours putting a whole new map in. Follow the manual and see how it goes.
    2019 Tiguan 162 R line with DAP & Sound & Vision .White
    Front cam Blackvue 750S and Rear Blackvue DR590-HD.
    Coming in AUG 2021 Kamiq LE Moon White
    2010 Polo 77TSI Flash Red, SOLD

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
| |