Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: Tiguan 162 Rline questions / issues

Will be interesting to see what map version your vehicle comes with.
    With MIB3 the maps are common across both units now they done away with the need for data to be read from a SD card, its all internally loaded on the harddrive.
    Flipper Dog
    Now - T-Roc R, Audi Q5
    Past VWs- T-Roc R-Line, Golf 6, 7 and 7.5, Touareg 7L and 7P, Passat B5.5, Polo MK3, Polo MK4 and GTI

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by Flipper Dog View Post
    Will be interesting to see what map version your vehicle comes with.
    With MIB3 the maps are common across both units now they done away with the need for data to be read from a SD card, its all internally loaded on the harddrive.
    Has been like that since about 2009 when the RNS 510 was introduced

They said it will come with the latest from when it was built so I said "Well thats not the latest as Ver 97 came out in June while it was on the boat so I want it updated before delivery"
    Will see what its got
    2021 Kamiq LE 110 , Moon White, BV cameras F & B
    Mamba Ebike to replace Tiguan

Quote Originally Posted by Hillbilly View Post
    Has been like that since about 2009 when the RNS 510 was introduced

They said it will come with the latest from when it was built so I said "Well thats not the latest as Ver 97 came out in June while it was on the boat so I want it updated before delivery"
    Will see what its got
    Do you use much of the inbuilt navigation system? I’ve had my maps updated while I went to get a recall addressed. I noticed the turn by turn navigation from apple maps for u turns were not rendering properly after the update.

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by nsuinteger View Post
    Do you use much of the inbuilt navigation system? I’ve had my maps updated while I went to get a recall addressed. I noticed the turn by turn navigation from apple maps for u turns were not rendering properly after the update.
    Which would have nothing to do with the VW maps and they dont upgrade the firmware so shouldnt be any different.

What was the recall you had done as havent had any on mine in 2 years apart from an adjustment to do with the parking sensors

Which would have nothing to do with the VW maps and they dont upgrade the firmware so shouldnt be any different.

What was the recall you had done as havent had any on mine in 2 years apart from an adjustment to do with the parking sensors
    Fuel gauge replacement.

I’m no expert, from what I can see uturn doesnt show up on both hud which uses iap2 signalling and dashboard which uses carplay’s dual screen feature.
    Same goes to android auto with google maps. U turn aint does not render on both places.
    Last edited by nsuinteger; 06-08-2021 at 07:20 PM.

Users Country Flag
    Anybody got any updates on a fix for the Radio logos for the new Tig? My local VW guy isnt even aware of the issue.

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by Scotty182 View Post
    Anybody got any updates on a fix for the Radio logos for the new Tig? My local VW guy isnt even aware of the issue.
    Yes There is no way of doing either them or upgrading the maps ourselves on any variation of the MIB3

Users Country Flag
    Yes There is no way of doing either them or upgrading the maps ourselves on any variation of the MIB3

I've updated the map myself on my 2021 Tig with a USB C key.
    its slow and does it in the background and not obvious its updating, unlike my GTI where it tells you its updating.

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by Scotty182 View Post
    I've updated the map myself on my 2021 Tig with a USB C key.
    its slow and does it in the background and not obvious its updating, unlike my GTI where it tells you its updating.
    Interesting Can you give the file number so i can try on the Kamiq to see if it works

Which model of NAV have you got . Maps are mostly the same across both models as my Tig is running ver 97 off the Skoda site

But MIB3 are different in a few ways
    Last edited by Hillbilly; 06-09-2021 at 09:42 AM.

Users Country Flag

Interesting Can you give the file number so i can try on the Kamiq to see if it works

Which model of NAV have you got . Maps are mostly the same across both models as my Tig is running ver 97 off the Skoda site

But MIB3 are different in a few ways

I grabbed the maps from Volkswagen Map Updates
    see attached for my versions
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Tiguan 162 Rline questions / issues-vw-mib3-ver-jpg  

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast