Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: Tiguan 162 Rline questions / issues

when my wife and I get in the car, how do you choose which phone is connected via bluetooth for android auto? On MIB3.

Quote Originally Posted by slotmachine View Post
    when my wife and I get in the car, how do you choose which phone is connected via bluetooth for android auto? On MIB3.
    If you have both phones visible via bluetooth there should be a confirmation screen asking which phone to connect AA to.
    Normally it will default to the last phone.
    The way we tell is the music/radio app has different stations displayed.
    Last edited by Flipper Dog; 30-06-2021 at 02:25 PM.
    Flipper Dog
    Now - T-Roc R, Audi Q5
    Past VWs- T-Roc R-Line, Golf 6, 7 and 7.5, Touareg 7L and 7P, Passat B5.5, Polo MK3, Polo MK4 and GTI

cheers, will have a play with it

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by Nexus View Post
    Hi,

I have recently picked up my Tiguan Rline (21) and have a few issues / questions:

- For some reason the dealer never put the radio logo's. I have downloaded them to do myself but for the life of me I cant see an option to upload them. All i get when going to station logos and selecting a station os no logos available. Anyone know how to upload them? (im trying with a usb)

- I have tried 2 x SD cards in the slots and neither seem to be detected. Anyone have any tips?

- I want to update my discovery pro nav but nothing shows up. I downloaded Aus the maps from Volkswagen App-Connect | smartphone apps in your car, extracted to USB (which has 21 folders and 1 file) but when i go to settings > system information > update, nothing shows. For system information it has:

Hardware - H56
    Software 0782
    Navigation database : 19.11
    Media Codec: 3.1.4
    Radio Database <blank>

- Dynamic road signs always show as no data, doesnt seem to pick up anything.

Is this all a case of VW doing SFA pre delivery or is it a lack of knowledge on my behalf?

Any help would be great appreciated.

I have no idea about the radio logos but I am interested in now with your post
    Also can I ask you something?
    I have 2021 Tiguan R line too. I hear gear switching when the gear is anywhere in between D1 to D4. It is very noticable and feel the gear shifting when it is either the gear going up or down in between D1 and D4. If I put the gear in reverse it is a bit noisier.
    At that time, I feel as if there is a gap in between the next gear. I have 2018 passat R line but I have not notice such thing.
    I left the car to the service centre at the vw dealer where I purchased the tiguan from. I explained to them that I did not experienced such a thing with golf, passat even with the t-cross that they gave me to use until the service done for my tiguan.
    However, after the service they could not find anything and they said it is normal with this particular model!!!

So my question: Do you have such noise coming from the transmission with bothering level?

Users Country Flag
    Hi All, newbie to the forum, i too am a new owner of a 2021 VW Tiguan R-Line 162tsi, and as per above with the map updates i also cannot add radio station logos to it either, has anyone worked out for this particular version of it how to do it? The system is the new MIB 3 version of Discover Pro.

Hardware: H56
    Software: 0782
    Nav database: 20.3

Any help greatly appreciated

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by danielfarah View Post
    Hi All, newbie to the forum, i too am a new owner of a 2021 VW Tiguan R-Line 162tsi, and as per above with the map updates i also cannot add radio station logos to it either, has anyone worked out for this particular version of it how to do it? The system is the new MIB 3 version of Discover Pro.

Hardware: H56
    Software: 0782
    Nav database: 20.3

Any help greatly appreciated
    The answer is NO to both It simply cant be done at this time except the maps should be able to be done by the dealer.

We pick up a new Skoda tomorrow and dealer told me they will update maps FREE at each service but inbetween will cost $100 and can only be done via their diagnostic software link

Both makes have MIB3
    Last edited by Hillbilly; 05-08-2021 at 08:58 AM.
    2021 Kamiq LE 110 , Moon White, BV cameras F & B
    Mamba Ebike to replace Tiguan

Quote Originally Posted by Hillbilly View Post
    We pick up a new Skoda tomorrow and dealer told me they will update maps FREE at each service but inbetween will cost $100 and can only be done via their diagnostic software link
    Does he have a 2nd Opera House and Harbour Bridge to sell to?
    Flipper Dog
    Now - T-Roc R, Audi Q5
    Past VWs- T-Roc R-Line, Golf 6, 7 and 7.5, Touareg 7L and 7P, Passat B5.5, Polo MK3, Polo MK4 and GTI

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by Flipper Dog View Post
    Does he have a 2nd Opera House and Harbour Bridge to sell to?
    And your point is???????

Sell to who???

Quote Originally Posted by Hillbilly View Post
    And your point is???????
    "can only be done via their diagnostic software link" - If this is the information coming out of their service department then I would be cautious of their knowledge working with the MIB3.
    There is suitable evidence on various VAG forums that the MIB3 is capable of having map updates performed by the owner using the USB-C connection and downloadable maps, without any need to link back to any motherland.
    Flipper Dog
    Now - T-Roc R, Audi Q5

Users Country Flag

I am talking about the Amundsen units in the upper level Skodas NOT the one you have with the dial controls as you showed in your other posts

Anyway get the car tomorrow so will try to load maps as you say and will post the result, if any
    Last edited by Hillbilly; 05-08-2021 at 12:19 PM.

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast