Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Tiguan 162 Rline questions / issues

Users Country Flag

Reply from Volkswagen NZ

Thanks for your email.

We are aware of the MIB3 inability to load the radio logos and have raised this to the factory in Germany through our product team.

At this stage we have not received any updates from the factory re a fix. . We are working tirelessly with the factory to produce a solution for New Zealand so please rest assured that we will let you know as soon as we know more.
    Last edited by Suthland; 21-06-2021 at 02:13 PM. Reason: spacing

Users Country Flag
    OH OH.
    Considering new latest Tiguan as replacement for Passat Slot above radio /nav etc allows insertion of Audio CD and Audio dvd. Another small slot allows insertion of SD card. So how can I load audio book from local library, or pre-recorded ABC audio via USB, if these are missing? Must I buy Apple iPhone!!! B'''''R
    MY13 Passat 130TDI Sedan. Autumn Brown Metalic, Desert Beige seats. Sat nav, Rev camera, Dynaudio, 12way adj seats. No ACC Previous Golf 118 TSI with ACC given to my son

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by VWTed View Post
    Yes you can’t yet get Radio Logos for the 3rd GEN radio.

You know you have a 3rd Generation when there is no longer a SD card slot or CD player in your glovebox... Just a blank Unit at the top of your glovebox

And you have USB-C points only.

I’ll let you know if it changes ... or you let me know 1st
    OH OH.
    Considering new latest Tiguan as replacement for Passat Slot above radio /nav etc allows insertion of Audio CD and Audio dvd. Another small slot allows insertion of SD card. So how can I load audio book from local library, or pre-recorded ABC audio via USB, if these are missing? Must I buy Apple iPhone!!! B'''''
    MY13 Passat 130TDI Sedan. Autumn Brown Metalic, Desert Beige seats. Sat nav, Rev camera, Dynaudio, 12way adj seats. No ACC Previous Golf 118 TSI with ACC given to my son

Hi Guys,

A cuple of questions.

1. How can we confirm the current firmware version on the Discovery Pro Gen 3?
    2. Anyone had issues iwht sound and/or camera not working? Its happend to me a few times now and hoping its a simple firmware update
    3. Is there a 1000km service still needed on on new cars or part of VW service schedule?

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by TigyWolf81 View Post
    Hi Guys,

A cuple of questions.

1. How can we confirm the current firmware version on the Discovery Pro Gen 3?
    2. Anyone had issues iwht sound and/or camera not working? Its happend to me a few times now and hoping its a simple firmware update
    3. Is there a 1000km service still needed on on new cars or part of VW service schedule?
    1 On the version information screen
    2 Not me
    3 No to both
    2021 Kamiq LE 110 , Moon White, BV cameras F & B
    Mamba Ebike to replace Tiguan

Quote Originally Posted by Hillbilly View Post
    1 On the version information screen
    2 Not me
    3 No to both
    Thanks HillBilly.

I can confirm my Software version is 0782 and Nav DB of 20.3, is this the latest?
    Last edited by TigyWolf81; 28-06-2021 at 03:27 PM.

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by Cossor View Post
    OH OH.
    Considering new latest Tiguan as replacement for Passat Slot above radio /nav etc allows insertion of Audio CD and Audio dvd. Another small slot allows insertion of SD card. So how can I load audio book from local library, or pre-recorded ABC audio via USB, if these are missing? Must I buy Apple iPhone!!! B'''''
    Can buy a USB C cable for Android phones and I question why people listen to audio books when they should be concentrating on driving and whats going on around them.. Also you cant put an SD into a Gen 3 unit as if you read thread it says it hasnt got a SD slot

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by TigyWolf81 View Post
    Thanks HillBilly.

I can confirm my Software version is 0782 and Nav DB of 20.3, is this the latest?
    Dont know a as only have a Gen2

Quote Originally Posted by Hillbilly View Post
    Can buy a USB C cable for Android phones and I question why people listen to audio books when they should be concentrating on driving and whats going on around them.. Also you cant put an SD into a Gen 3 unit as if you read thread it says it hasnt got a SD slot
    Just because it is a problem for you to multi task does not mean that applies to everyone. I drove for a living for many years and never had an issue with listening to the radio, music or an audio book unlike you seem to. Just because you have an issue with listening to audio books does not mean you need to criticise others that have no issues with doing so. Just because you can't do something does not mean others can't.
    Last edited by Ozsko; 29-06-2021 at 12:50 AM.

Users Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Ozsko View Post
    Just because it is a problem for you to multi task does not mean that applies to everyone. I drove for a living for many years and never had an issue with listening to the radio, music or an audio book unlike you seem to. Just because you have an issue with listening to audio books does not mean you need to criticise others that have no issues with doing so. Just because you can't do something does not mean others can't.
    There is a difference between having music playing as a background and some one reading a book which you have to semi concentrate to listen to it. I play music but its there without me concentrating on it.

Driving in todays traffic is a fulltime job and not something you do while you are doing something else.

Its a shame that more dont appreciate that by the way you see cars weaving around and varying speeds while drivers are on the phone , eating breakfast and have even seen them with papers on the steering wheel reading as they drive.

Another of my pet hates is drivers when talking to passengers ,have to turn and look at them. You can talk and watch ahead at the same time.
    I have a friend who even turns and looks at back seat passengers when talking to them. I wont go with him any more as hes dangerous.

Also I didnt criticize anyone I asked a question if it was sensible and it isnt.

I drove for a living most of my life and have never listened to an audio book ever. Drive in the car read at home.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast