Thread: Tiguan 132 Allspace cup holder - Centre Console

Tiguan 132 Allspace cup holder - Centre Console

Hi all

Has anyone had any issues with their front cup holders? One of the mechanisms failed on me a few months ago and when I took it to my local dealer they said it’d need a part to be ordered and I could go back for it under warranty. It wasn’t urgent at the time and then COVID hit, so safe to say I didn’t bother them about it.

I then happened to move interstate and was recently due for my next major scheduled service. Mentioned it to them on the day and they investigated and subsequently quoted me over $500 for a replacement part, saying it’s not covered under warranty. On top of that, after they ‘investigated’, I ended up with 2 broken mechanisms, rather than just the 1.

The dealer suggested I take it up with VW customer care and now they’re telling me the dealer is saying it’s not a warranty issue and I should take it up with the dealer.

Has anyone had a similar issue like this before? There’s no way I’m paying that for a cup holder replacement!

Thanks in advance for any help…

Users Country Flag
    Try a different dealer
    I had the same issue with the park brake button breaking whilst still in warranty
    My usual dealer told me it was my fault and to take up with VW AU
    Tried another dealer and they fixed it under warranty no questions asked
    2018 Allspace 162TSI R Line

Thanks for the reply iDiesel! I may well have to do that to try and get a result. Not sure if they have access in their system to all the notes that have been put in my various dealers and VW AU (hopefully not).

Users Country Flag

Broken Tiguan cup holders

I have had an identical experience with Austral VW in Brisbane. I have an assortment of broken plastic bits most notably the cup holders in the centre console.

Literally pushed the button one day and it just came flying apart. Took it to dealer the next day (was booked for a service) and was told exactly the same story. Need to order parts. We'll take care of it. We'll let you know when it comes in. Nothing. Followed up on next service and they said need to get parts. When I went to pick up car they quoted $497 and said not covered under warranty. Take it up with VW. I did. They said they would speak to dealer and come back to me in 1 or 2 days. 7 weeks and 3 emails and no response. They now say dealer says it is caused by damage ("external forces") and no warranty. They offered to consider under good will and then came back and said not covered. It is up to the dealer to decide.

I own 3 Volkswagens and was waiting to purchase new Amarok. I authorise the purchase of 41 Volkswagens for my business.
    I will now consider other brands that have been chasing our business fleet purchases.

Quote Originally Posted by VR88 View Post
    Hi all

Has anyone had any issues with their front cup holders? One of the mechanisms failed on me a few months ago and when I took it to my local dealer they said it’d need a part to be ordered and I could go back for it under warranty. It wasn’t urgent at the time and then COVID hit, so safe to say I didn’t bother them about it.

I then happened to move interstate and was recently due for my next major scheduled service. Mentioned it to them on the day and they investigated and subsequently quoted me over $500 for a replacement part, saying it’s not covered under warranty. On top of that, after they ‘investigated’, I ended up with 2 broken mechanisms, rather than just the 1.

The dealer suggested I take it up with VW customer care and now they’re telling me the dealer is saying it’s not a warranty issue and I should take it up with the dealer.

Has anyone had a similar issue like this before? There’s no way I’m paying that for a cup holder replacement!

Thanks in advance for any help…