Page 84 of 84 FirstFirst ... 3474828384

Thread: Tigger73's 162TSI Sportline

Users Country Flag

I understand an R version of the ID4 GTX is under development. By the time Tigger's lease is up on the Y, that may be available. GTX already is nice and quick, just not Y Performance quick.

https://www.drive.com.au/news/2021-v...uscles-golf-r/
    Current: 2023 MY23 T-Roc R Lapiz Blue + Beats Audio + Black pack 2018 MY19 Golf R manual Lapiz Blue + DAP (mods are underway ) 2018 MY18 Golf 110TSI Trendline manual White (with mods now 150TSI) 2014 Amarok TSI Red (tuned over 200kw + lots of extras) 2013 Up! manual Red 10 Previous VWs and some others ...

Quote Originally Posted by Sharkie View Post
    Which 1? Not all Y's are equal

BTW (and too late for you now), there are some really interesting VW EVs in the pipeline .... hope to see some of those land in the not too distant future. VW is investing heavily in EV and is also moving to secure the supply line of the materials necessary for battery production from threats which is a good thing when rare earths becomes scarce/super expensive.
    Just the base model RWD version. I may consider getting the LR which allows for a performance boost, however couldn't justify the $30k price differential between the RWD and Performance.

In terms of quick I meant that the process happened faster than I'd anticipated. I ordered on the 10 June and the car is due to be delivered between the 8 and 22 August (will get contacted closer to the time to arrange delivery date). So all up will be ~2 months. I was expecting closer to 6 months given the high demand - though I did manage to place an order very soon after the order page went live.

I know most of the traditional car manufacturers are making significant investments into EV's. Most of the mainstream manufacturers are only allocating small volumes of EV's to Australia and VW hasn't even brought any of their EV's here which is a bit of a backwards step.

One of the keys to good performance is aero and weight and this is where using a shared platform with ICE cars is a significant disadvantage for an EV as it incurs both an aero and a weight disadvantage which reduces range and performance.

Hence why Tesla and cars like Hyundai Ioniq5 and Kia EV6 have a big advantage as they have been designed as an EV from the ground up.

Quote Originally Posted by nermal View Post
    I'd love an Arteon in (fast) electric... unfortunately, it seems that the VW (and Audi) EVs aren't really performance focused and are just slow compared to Tesla =( .. VW have also been talking EVs up for years and I've kinda given up on waiting form them to come out.

I prefer the design and comfort of a VW over a Tesla though - I've driven several Teslas here and in the USA and they've all seemed a bit austere and cheap inside (eg. "vegan leather" aka vinyl). I even had a pre-release deposit on a model 3, but drove one in Florida and it was too small/tight for me.
    It's all down to power/weight/range. If you want a certain range then you need to pack in a battery to achieve that range and a bigger battery comes with a weight penalty.

Yes Tesla is pretty minimalist inside and agree that it would be nice to have at least a HUD. Model 3 is a mid-size sports sedan. I think the model S is where it's at, however they are pricey.
    Last edited by tigger73; 30-07-2022 at 04:15 PM.

2017 Tiguan Sportline - Tigger73's 162TSI Sportline

2016 Scirocco R, stage 1, 205kwaw (sold) - Tigger73's Scirocco R Build
    2013 Tiguan 155TSI, stage 1, 144kwaw (sold) - Tigger73's 155TSI Build
    2011 Tiguan 125TSI, Stage 2+, 152kwaw (sold)
    - Tigger73's 125TSI Build

Quote Originally Posted by Sharkie View Post
    I understand an R version of the ID4 GTX is under development. By the time Tigger's lease is up on the Y, that may be available. GTX already is nice and quick, just not Y Performance quick.

https://www.drive.com.au/news/2021-v...uscles-golf-r/
    It will be interesting to see how this all plays out. If you want outright performance it's hard to go past a Tesla at the moment.

2017 Tiguan Sportline - Tigger73's 162TSI Sportline

2016 Scirocco R, stage 1, 205kwaw (sold) - Tigger73's Scirocco R Build
    2013 Tiguan 155TSI, stage 1, 144kwaw (sold) - Tigger73's 155TSI Build
    2011 Tiguan 125TSI, Stage 2+, 152kwaw (sold)
    - Tigger73's 125TSI Build

Page 84 of 84 FirstFirst ... 3474828384