Page 83 of 84 FirstFirst ... 337381828384 LastLast

Thread: Tigger73's 162TSI Sportline

Quote Originally Posted by Sharkie View Post
    Non VW ?
    Yeah likely will be an EV. Got my wife an EQA last year and we love it. It's great for around town which is the majority of our driving. For me I'd get something with a bit better range and performance.

Unfortunately VW doesn't appear to want to bring their electric vehicles here so most likely will be another brand (all the Audi EV's are at the top end of the market).

Reality is I don't think they can keep up with production in Europe for ID.3 and ID.4 so no way for them to bring them down here. Plus dealer network isn't set up for them and they need somewhere to dump all their ICE vehicles.

Sent from my SM-G998B using Tapatalk

2017 Tiguan Sportline - Tigger73's 162TSI Sportline

2016 Scirocco R, stage 1, 205kwaw (sold) - Tigger73's Scirocco R Build
    2013 Tiguan 155TSI, stage 1, 144kwaw (sold) - Tigger73's 155TSI Build
    2011 Tiguan 125TSI, Stage 2+, 152kwaw (sold)
    - Tigger73's 125TSI Build

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by tigger73 View Post
    Yeah likely will be an EV. Got my wife an EQA last year and we love it. It's great for around town which is the majority of our driving. For me I'd get something with a bit better range and performance.

Unfortunately VW doesn't appear to want to bring their electric vehicles here so most likely will be another brand (all the Audi EV's are at the top end of the market).

Reality is I don't think they can keep up with production in Europe for ID.3 and ID.4 so no way for them to bring them down here. Plus dealer network isn't set up for them and they need somewhere to dump all their ICE vehicles.

Funny, have been having similar discussions lately. Can see an EV for pure commuting work in my future too. Not too fussed as a result about range. My boss has a EQA350 on order so I will have a real good look at that when its here; I would like a Model 3 Performance, although because all Aus bound ones are built in China, will pass ...

Will always keep my collection of dinosaur juice burning cars though.
    Current: 2023 MY23 T-Roc R Lapiz Blue + Beats Audio + Black pack 2018 MY19 Golf R manual Lapiz Blue + DAP (mods are underway ) 2018 MY18 Golf 110TSI Trendline manual White (with mods now 150TSI) 2014 Amarok TSI Red (tuned over 200kw + lots of extras) 2013 Up! manual Red 10 Previous VWs and some others ...

Funny, have been having similar discussions lately. Can see an EV for pure commuting work in my future too. Not too fussed as a result about range. My boss has a EQA350 on order so I will have a real good look at that when its here; I would like a Model 3 Performance, although because all Aus bound ones are built in China, will pass ...

Will always keep my collection of dinosaur juice burning cars though.
    We got the EQA250 which was the only model available when it launched in the middle of last year. It's still got plenty enough poke for around town with instant torque. So much nicer to drive in traffic, though they are heavier due to batteries.

I'm not sure the economics complety stack up at the moment unless you keep it for the long term, however charging costs are way cheaper than fuel especially at the moment.

Model 3 performance is great but I'm waiting for the model Y (yes it'll be manufactured in China too), however is a lot more practical with boot access.

Otherwise it may be a toss up between Polestar 2 or if the Skoda Enyaq gets here sooner rather than later that may come into the mix.

Users Country Flag
    We got the EQA250 which was the only model available when it launched in the middle of last year. It's still got plenty enough poke for around town with instant torque. So much nicer to drive in traffic, though they are heavier due to batteries.

I'm not sure the economics complety stack up at the moment unless you keep it for the long term, however charging costs are way cheaper than fuel especially at the moment.

Model 3 performance is great but I'm waiting for the model Y (yes it'll be manufactured in China too), however is a lot more practical with boot access.

Otherwise it may be a toss up between Polestar 2 or if the Skoda Enyaq gets here sooner rather than later that may come into the mix.

I'd give the Polestar 2 a wide berth. I got to take one out recently for a test drive (solo due to covid Tigger73's 162TSI Sportline) and the quality is down right terrible.

Interior build quality was very very poor, everything is loose, rattles, feels like a low end Holden or Ford level production quality.

The ergonomics are terrible too, they've kept everything from an ICE that is no longer needed (like transmission tunnel and associates big centre console) but actually made it worse by then trying to stuff an Android tablet in the middle.

The gear stick (which isn't even needed anymore) is in a stupid location and height, gets in the way of using the Android tablet, resulting in the car being knocked into neutral randomly when trying to change the volume or change to a different app. Tigger73's 162TSI Sportline

The user interface is a shocker and leagues away from a Tesla.

Oh and frunk and boot space are poor compared to a Model 3, even though the Polestar 2 is physically a bigger car. Tigger73's 162TSI Sportline

And finally, if you have passengers over 5'10" they won't fit in the rear, unless they like to have their heads wedged in to the headliner. Tigger73's 162TSI SportlineTigger73's 162TSI Sportline

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Quote Originally Posted by rscott4563 View Post
    I'd give the Polestar 2 a wide berth. I got to take one out recently for a test drive (solo due to covid Tigger73's 162TSI Sportline) and the quality is down right terrible.

Interior build quality was very very poor, everything is loose, rattles, feels like a low end Holden or Ford level production quality.

The ergonomics are terrible too, they've kept everything from an ICE that is no longer needed (like transmission tunnel and associates big centre console) but actually made it worse by then trying to stuff an Android tablet in the middle.

The gear stick (which isn't even needed anymore) is in a stupid location and height, gets in the way of using the Android tablet, resulting in the car being knocked into neutral randomly when trying to change the volume or change to a different app. Tigger73's 162TSI Sportline

The user interface is a shocker and leagues away from a Tesla.

Oh and frunk and boot space are poor compared to a Model 3, even though the Polestar 2 is physically a bigger car. Tigger73's 162TSI Sportline

And finally, if you have passengers over 5'10" they won't fit in the rear, unless they like to have their heads wedged in to the headliner. Tigger73's 162TSI SportlineTigger73's 162TSI Sportline

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    Thanks for the feedback. They don't offer test drives in Adelaide and the online reviews aren't glowing. I think if you're going to have build quality issues you may as well get a Tesla as then ateadt you'd get decent range and charger network.

So a bit of end of an era as the 162TSI Sportline left the driveway yesterday. With 3 Tiguans over 10 years and a Scirocco in between I'm now officially Tiguanless.

Happened a bit quicker than expected as the new car is coming sooner than first thought and the sale of the Tig went quickly.

New set of wheels is arriving in a couple of weeks. Going electric and not a VAG product so will see how things go.

Users Country Flag
    New set of wheels is arriving in a couple of weeks. Going electric and not a VAG product so will see how things go.
    What are you going with? How was the sales process and wait time?
    2018 Arteon R-Line - Black, Sunroof, Dynaudio, 20" Wheels, RacingLine: Stage 2 ECU+DSG|380mm BBK|Intercooler+Hoses|Oil Cooler|R600 Intake|Adjustable Front Droplinks|Dogbone Insert|Subframe Brace+Alignment Kit|Propshaft Alignment Kit, Milltek: Zirotec Downpipe, Harding: Front+Rear Sway Bars|Rear Droplinks, Other: OSRAM Dynamic Indicators, EvcX Throttle Controller, 034 (RED) Coil Packs, Various Carbon Bits
    2022 Tiguan Allspace R-Line, Grey - Sunroof, Harmon Kardon

Quote Originally Posted by nermal View Post
    What are you going with? How was the sales process and wait time?
    Tesla Y. Was actually quite quick as placed the order last month and it's going to be arriving in a couple of weeks. It actually happened a lot sooner than I was expecting, however wait times are out into 2023 now.

Users Country Flag
    Tesla Y. Was actually quite quick as placed the order last month and it's going to be arriving in a couple of weeks. It actually happened a lot sooner than I was expecting, however wait times are out into 2023 now.
    Which 1? Not all Y's are equal

BTW (and too late for you now), there are some really interesting VW EVs in the pipeline .... hope to see some of those land in the not too distant future. VW is investing heavily in EV and is also moving to secure the supply line of the materials necessary for battery production from threats which is a good thing when rare earths becomes scarce/super expensive.
    Last edited by Sharkie; 28-07-2022 at 08:08 AM.
    Current: 2023 MY23 T-Roc R Lapiz Blue + Beats Audio + Black pack 2018 MY19 Golf R manual Lapiz Blue + DAP (mods are underway ) 2018 MY18 Golf 110TSI Trendline manual White (with mods now 150TSI) 2014 Amarok TSI Red (tuned over 200kw + lots of extras) 2013 Up! manual Red 10 Previous VWs and some others ...

Users Country Flag

BTW (and too late for you now), there are some really interesting VW EVs in the pipeline .... hope to see some of those land in the not too distant future.
    I'd love an Arteon in (fast) electric... unfortunately, it seems that the VW (and Audi) EVs aren't really performance focused and are just slow compared to Tesla =( .. VW have also been talking EVs up for years and I've kinda given up on waiting form them to come out.

I prefer the design and comfort of a VW over a Tesla though - I've driven several Teslas here and in the USA and they've all seemed a bit austere and cheap inside (eg. "vegan leather" aka vinyl). I even had a pre-release deposit on a model 3, but drove one in Florida and it was too small/tight for me.
    Last edited by nermal; 28-07-2022 at 09:08 AM.
    2018 Arteon R-Line - Black, Sunroof, Dynaudio, 20" Wheels, RacingLine: Stage 2 ECU+DSG|380mm BBK|Intercooler+Hoses|Oil Cooler|R600 Intake|Adjustable Front Droplinks|Dogbone Insert|Subframe Brace+Alignment Kit|Propshaft Alignment Kit, Milltek: Zirotec Downpipe, Harding: Front+Rear Sway Bars|Rear Droplinks, Other: OSRAM Dynamic Indicators, EvcX Throttle Controller, 034 (RED) Coil Packs, Various Carbon Bits
    2022 Tiguan Allspace R-Line, Grey - Sunroof, Harmon Kardon

Page 83 of 84 FirstFirst ... 337381828384 LastLast