Page 69 of 84 FirstFirst ... 1959676869707179 ... LastLast

Thread: Tigger73's 162TSI Sportline

I'm keen to see if it fits. I'm keen to retain the suppleness of comfort mode DCC however am sick of the body roll and the benign understeer at the limit (despite having Michelin Pilot Sport 4S' fitted)!
    Will these ARB and end links creak down the track? If so what do you do about it?

Where will you get them fitted Tigger73? And how much will it cost?
    Last edited by veew; 24-05-2020 at 11:13 AM.
    Current:
    2017 Mk2 Tiguan 162TSI, R-line, White
    2020 Mk7.5 Golf R Wagon, White

Well just got notified that the Swaybar is out of stock and could be another month! Gotta love Sparesbox sales...

So it may be a little longer before I can report back on fitment.

It should however significantly improve the body roll situation and make the steering a bit more neutral rather than understeer.

Shouldn't creak any more than the stock bars. If they do they you'll need to take it off an lubricate the bar/bushes.

2017 Tiguan Sportline - Tigger73's 162TSI Sportline

2016 Scirocco R, stage 1, 205kwaw (sold) - Tigger73's Scirocco R Build
    2013 Tiguan 155TSI, stage 1, 144kwaw (sold) - Tigger73's 155TSI Build
    2011 Tiguan 125TSI, Stage 2+, 152kwaw (sold)
    - Tigger73's 125TSI Build

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by veew View Post
    I'm keen to see if it fits. I'm keen to retain the suppleness of comfort mode DCC however am sick of the body roll and the benign understeer at the limit (despite having Michelin Pilot Sport 4S' fitted)!
    Will these ARB and end links creak down the track? If so what do you do about it?

Where will you get them fitted Tigger73? And how much will it cost?
    How are the Michelins? What tyres did you have on before?
    I've got the Scorpion Verde 20s

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by veew View Post
    Swaybars are one of the only suspension related mods that you can do where you do not have to compromise on how the suspension behaves/feels otherwise. Driving in a straight line = no difference. Going around corners = stiffer and more controlled.

The end links/bushes may need regreasing every few years but in general there should be no noises.

Basically every other suspension mod you can think of is a game of compromise.
    2017 Ford Fiesta ST
    2015 Audi SQ5 bi-turbo V6 TDI family hauler

Users Country Flag
    I received the email from SparesBox today, another 4 weeks wait. They mustn’t keep much stock on hand.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Tigger73's 162TSI Sportline

Quote Originally Posted by Beedub View Post
    How are the Michelins? What tyres did you have on before?
    I've got the Scorpion Verde 20s
    My car came with the Continental Contisport 5Ps which had great grip (wet and dry) but wore out pretty quickly, lasting 20-25k km when I was living out in the country (lots of highway miles).
    The Michelin Pilot Sport 4S are also great but seem to be even better in the wet. I'm now back in the city so increased wear from acceleration/braking but they were looking at lasting about 25k km.
    I have just put on a new set of Michelin tyres as my current set had 2-3mm left (another 5k km), which is fine for dry grip but not as good with wet weather. The water channels on the new tyres are much deeper (obviously when you have 8mm of tread depth)
    I'll refit the old set when this set wears out (hopefully when the weather is warmer)

Last edited by veew; 30-05-2020 at 06:06 PM.
    Current:
    2017 Mk2 Tiguan 162TSI, R-line, White
    2020 Mk7.5 Golf R Wagon, White

Users Country Flag
    Thanks for that veew, much appreciated

OK time for an update. Still haven't seen or heard from Sparesbox regarding my rear sway bar and end links. I guess they'll arrive sometime soon. Looks like they may be back in stock...or at least the site isn't showing they are on back order anymore.

In other developments I had a TVS DSG tune installed this week to look to resolve some (relatively minor) driveability issues that I've been experiencing. This is partly due to running a bigger turbo (which takes longer to spool up) and also partly due to the shift patterns in D in the stock file. I had asked my tuner to adjust the shift pattern particularly with the car dropping back to 2nd gear out of corners, however this likely would have taken quite a lot of development time and not really resulted in a lot of more sales so I get from a business perspective it didn't make economic sense.

So I'm now running a TVS DSG file and looks like this has overcome 90% of the issues that I was having. I still can get stuck in "off-boost" condition if I'm slowing down in 2nd gear and don't hit the kick-down switch (to drop to 1st) but most other scenarios the gearbox will have "pre-selected" the right gear for the driving situation. My main gripe was slowing down to a corner/round-about in D3 and giving the car a boot out and the gearbox having pre-selected D4 as the next gear instead of D2. This resulted in labouring in D3 for a second or 2 while D2 was engaged. This is how the stock tuning operates and also how the previous file I had was also programmed (i.e. still ran the factory gear selections). I could work around this by either paddle shifting down to ensure the correct gear was selected, blipping the throttle mid-corner to get the gearbox to shift to the correct gear so it was ready to go or running in "S" mode.

So after running this way for the last 12 months I decided it was time to do something about it and have made the change to TVS. I had this DSG software in my old Tig 125TSI so was pretty sure this would resolve most of my driveability annoyances and to the most part it has, though there are still the odd occasion when the turbo lag is evident but there's not a lot you can do about that other than run in "S" mode to keep the revs higher.
    Last edited by tigger73; 17-06-2020 at 11:35 PM.

Had some new tyres fitted today. Went with a set of Goodyear F1 Asymmetric 5’s in 255/40R20.

I had put 41,000km on the Pirelli Scorpion Verdes and they still had some life left so they’re back on the old stock rims for when it comes time to sell the car.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Users Country Flag

Great choice of tyre there!
    I run Goodyear F1 Asymmetric 5’s on my Passat and Goodyear F1 Asymmetric 3's on my Superb (both in 245/40R19).
    Both have been exceptional thus far!

Superpro are based in Brisbane, I believe they are running behind in manufacturing at the moment...
    MY18 VW Passat Alltrack Wolfsburg Edition + Panoramic Sunroof + some extra goodies... (Pure White)
    MY17 ŠKODA Superb 206TSI 4x4 + Sunroof + Tech Pack + Comfort Pack + some extra goodies... (Moon White)

Page 69 of 84 FirstFirst ... 1959676869707179 ... LastLast