Page 11 of 84 FirstFirst ... 9101112132161 ... LastLast

Thread: Tigger73's 162TSI Sportline

Like I said on your Facebook post, if you already have engine RPM you can set the readout to Derived Torque, which will give you a lower reading but an accurate reading of torque measured.

Pressing F2 and it will take you to the dyno run mods, then press SETUP on the right hand side. There's a check box to display derived torque and derived RPM if you're not using a RPM pick up.

If you can't get a RPM readout, go to the main screen by pressing ESC then hit Ctrl + S. Snap your car into a 1:1 ratio and sync the RPM readout from the car to whatever is set in the derived RPM screen.

Easy!
    Daily 2018 Tiguan MK2 Sportline (Drag & Drop Tune, 12.9s @ 108mph)
    Weekend/Track 1996 Skyline R33 GTS-t Stage 99 (Built Motor, GTX3576 Gen 2, 407rwkW) [Build Thread]

www.nhbautomotive.com.au

Quote Originally Posted by Dose Pipe Sutututu View Post
    Like I said on your Facebook post, if you already have engine RPM you can set the readout to Derived Torque, which will give you a lower reading but an accurate reading of torque measured.
    Yes understand with calculated power you also get calculated torque. I'm not sure if they're picking up RPM from the OBD in which case there's a bit of a lag in readings.

Either way I'm not that fussed about the torque numbers. I'm more looking at area under the curve and overall % increases.

2017 Tiguan Sportline - Tigger73's 162TSI Sportline

2016 Scirocco R, stage 1, 205kwaw (sold) - Tigger73's Scirocco R Build
    2013 Tiguan 155TSI, stage 1, 144kwaw (sold) - Tigger73's 155TSI Build
    2011 Tiguan 125TSI, Stage 2+, 152kwaw (sold)
    - Tigger73's 125TSI Build

Quote Originally Posted by Melbourne_Tiggy View Post
    Hi Tigger, I highly recommend using a Draggy device for measuring your performance stats. As part of its data capture it validates the angle of the terrain (%incline/decline) and if it’s within a certain threshold you can post it and compare your performance to cars in Au and around the world. In terms of accuracy, it has been demonstrated to be similar to Vbox. A great little device for under $200.

All the best with your performance journey. I’m looking forward to reading about your selections and stats!
    I'll hopefully get my hands on a G-tech unit to do the 0-100 but if I can't I'll look into a Draggy mainly because of the connection/sharing function. The Vbox uses a 20Hz GPS unit and the newer units on the market now are 50Hz which tends to eliminate a lot of the inaccuracy with start/end of run timing.

Quote Originally Posted by tigger73 View Post
    Yes understand with calculated power you also get calculated torque. I'm not sure if they're picking up RPM from the OBD in which case there's a bit of a lag in readings.

Either way I'm not that fussed about the torque numbers. I'm more looking at area under the curve and overall % increases.
    Yeah of course, it's a tuning tool!

But I do hate it when some workhops list out incorrect torque figures and annouce to the world of Facebook this car made XYZ nm of torque, and that it's more than ABC car.

Also if you set derived torque up, the power figures do not change
    Daily 2018 Tiguan MK2 Sportline (Drag & Drop Tune, 12.9s @ 108mph)
    Weekend/Track 1996 Skyline R33 GTS-t Stage 99 (Built Motor, GTX3576 Gen 2, 407rwkW) [Build Thread]

www.nhbautomotive.com.au

I'll hopefully get my hands on a G-tech unit to do the 0-100 but if I can't I'll look into a Draggy mainly because of the connection/sharing function. The Vbox uses a 20Hz GPS unit and the newer units on the market now are 50Hz which tends to eliminate a lot of the inaccuracy with start/end of run timing.
    GPS with a signal sample rate higher than 10hz used to be very suspect, Haltech tried it for a short time and reverted to 10hz because of the dodgy data they were getting. We ran a full data parallel setup on the race car, using physical and GPS channels and the GPS ALWAYS lagged by significant amounts. 50hz GPS? seeing that the satellites have never changed I would be very interested in comparing that to 10hz. Things may have changed in the receivers, I remain sceptical but willing to learn.

Quote Originally Posted by Ozsko View Post
    GPS with a signal sample rate higher than 10hz used to be very suspect, Haltech tried it for a short time and reverted to 10hz because of the dodgy data they were getting. We ran a full data parallel setup on the race car, using physical and GPS channels and the GPS ALWAYS lagged by significant amounts. 50hz GPS? seeing that the satellites have never changed I would be very interested in comparing that to 10hz. Things may have changed in the receivers, I remain sceptical but willing to learn.
    Yes that's the problem with most measuring devices is the lag. I'm pretty sure VBox and Gtech both have a 20Hz GPS unit in them. You will still see a lead-in issue with G-tech (first 0.1s) but as long as it's repeatable an consistent then it's a good comparison tool.

OBD timers are generally worse depending on the scan rate of the OBD. For me it's about repeatability rather than absolute accuracy, though both would be nice. I think if I'm repeatably within 0.1sec I'd be happy enough.

The big problem GPS has is the further towards the north or south pole you go the less satellites the receiver sees and I think from memory you need at least 3 to begin to get believable data and more to get accurate data.

The big problem GPS has is the further towards the north or south pole you go the less satellites the receiver sees and I think from memory you need at least 3 to begin to get believable data and more to get accurate data.
    Yeah I usually wait until I have 8-10 satellites locked on before doing any runs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah I usually wait until I have 8-10 satellites locked on before doing any runs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Even with the best professional equipment I have never see that many satellites and that is a lot further north than you.

Even with the best professional equipment I have never see that many satellites and that is a lot further north than you.
    The most I've seen is 11. Depends how many obstacles you have and if you can see the horizon in every direction.

Page 11 of 84 FirstFirst ... 9101112132161 ... LastLast