Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Is there a way to stop drivers seat auto adjusting when I get in / out ?

Users Country Flag

Question Is there a way to stop drivers seat auto adjusting when I get in / out ?

I set my seat all the way to the furthest back position

Each time I turn off the engine and exit the car, it moves slightly forward

Each time I re-enter the car, I have to move the seat back slightly. Each time !!

Is there a way to stop drivers seat auto adjusting when I get in / out ?

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by FastMitch View Post
    I set my seat all the way to the furthest back position

Each time I turn off the engine and exit the car, it moves slightly forward

Each time I re-enter the car, I have to move the seat back slightly. Each time !!

Is there a way to stop drivers seat auto adjusting when I get in / out ?
    It is supposed to go back when you open the door And forward when you either turn ign on or put it in gear.

Mine goes back about 50mm and when I get in it moves forward about 25mm and when I start car it goes forward to what I have no 1 set to.

If you have it quite far back there is a point where it wont move as I found out when playing around and moved it back manually and didnt return it to normal place. Took it to the dealer who showed me what was wrong and put some little markers on seat and rail to show it.. You should set your seat as per the manual and Press one of the 3 buttons on side of seat and it will return to there normally. So start by getting seat in right place and hold the 1 button down till it beeps and it should work properly.

Also if your battery gets low it is one of the first things to stop working so gives you a indication of battery state

Hope that helps. PS you must have bloody long legs because I like a long arm stance and I can hardly reach the pedals if seat is right back ( Im 6ft 2)
    2021 Kamiq LE 110 , Moon White, BV cameras F & B
    Mamba Ebike to replace Tiguan

It can be turned off in the settings menu.
    I’m sorry, but I forget the name/directory path of the option, but It’s something about convenient, or easy entry/exit. Probably in the seat/convenience menu.

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by Simonr23 View Post
    It can be turned off in the settings menu.
    I’m sorry, but I forget the name/directory path of the option, but It’s something about convenient, or easy entry/exit. Probably in the seat/convenience menu.
    Yep thats it Easy entry

Users Country Flag Thread Starter
    Will look to turn off the seating entry function and see how that goes.

Users Country Flag
    Could it be that the seat memory has been linked to the key for a shorter person an the OP needs to reassign it to their memory position?
    I thought the “easy entry” function would move the seat backwards not forwards - ie opposite to what the OP is experiencing?
    2018 Allspace 162TSI R Line

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by iDiesel View Post
    Could it be that the seat memory has been linked to the key for a shorter person an the OP needs to reassign it to their memory position?
    I thought the “easy entry” function would move the seat backwards not forwards - ie opposite to what the OP is experiencing?
    Good thinking If his fob is linked to setting 1 and his wifes to setting 2, if he uses wifes it will move to that setting. However it will only do that if easy entry is disabled. If its enabled it should move back .

There are choices of when it moves and mine moves when I close door and again when I turn ign on There is other options on when it will move

Quote Originally Posted by Hillbilly View Post
    Good thinking If his fob is linked to setting 1 and his wifes to setting 2, if he uses wifes it will move to that setting. However it will only do that if easy entry is disabled. If its enabled it should move back .

There are choices of when it moves and mine moves when I close door and again when I turn ign on There is other options on when it will move
    My seat is correctly program to my keyfob (setting 1) and set all the way to the furthest rear position.

I couldn't find a setting called 'Easy Entry' but found this setting which I deactivated but it made no difference.

Vehicle Settings -> Access Aid -> Drivers Seat

Quite frustrating. Wonder if there is a VCDS hack that will fix this ...

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by FastMitch View Post
    My seat is correctly program to my keyfob (setting 1) and set all the way to the furthest rear position.

I couldn't find a setting called 'Easy Entry' but found this setting which I deactivated but it made no difference.

Vehicle Settings -> Access Aid -> Drivers Seat

Quite frustrating. Wonder if there is a VCDS hack that will fix this ...

Do this Discover Pro.. go to Vehicle/Settings/ Seats/ drivers seat/Access Aid/ Untick.

Turn off ign and then restart car Should fix it

As i said you must have bloody long legs as I can barely reach steering wheel and pedals if my seat is right back
    Last edited by Hillbilly; 16-11-2020 at 10:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Hillbilly View Post
    Do this Discover Pro.. go to Vehicle/Settings/ Seats/ drivers seat/Access Aid/ Untick.

Turn off ign and then restart car Should fix it
    I tried that yesterday. Unticked the / Access Aid / Drivers Seat / however tested this morning and it still moves forward slightly.

Will take a screen shot and video and post later

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast