Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: Is there a way to adjust the Tiguan highline headlights?

Quote Originally Posted by Transporter View Post
    Any workshop can get get software updates if they want to. I was doing software updates on the early gen1 Tiguans and other VAG cars around 2010
    Really, any update at all VW will give to anyone? I find that very hard to believe. A lot of things have changed in 9 years I would reckon. How would those updates get delivered and applied when it is in VW speak on their systems, Snapon reader?

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by Ozsko View Post
    Really, any update at all VW will give to anyone? I find that very hard to believe. A lot of things have changed in 9 years I would reckon. How would those updates get delivered and applied when it is in VW speak on their systems, Snapon reader?
    There are at least 10 brands of the dedicated pass through boxes available. I’ve used Autologic back then and applied sw updates to every control module across the vag cars many times.
    Today, I use Bosch KTS570 and also have Gscan2 that works also as the path through box. All you need is the subscription.

You said that VW will give you the updates. So any update is obtainable from VW by any technician?

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by GreyGoose_X View Post
    Ah so the foreman just ended up adjusting via the HL screws. Yeah going to do that myself too. Pretty straightforward, I just thought there an electronic adjustment option that dealers use..I guess not.

Also - screw clockwise = raise beam? Anti-clockwise = lower beam?
    Presumably you are talking about the white screws about 12mm diameter with the Torx head set vertically on each light unit.. How much of a turn does it need to lift them a bit??? TIA
    2021 Kamiq LE 110 , Moon White, BV cameras F & B
    Mamba Ebike to replace Tiguan

Quote Originally Posted by Hillbilly View Post
    Presumably you are talking about the white screws about 12mm diameter with the Torx head set vertically on each light unit.. How much of a turn does it need to lift them a bit??? TIA
    Anticlockwise = raise beam
    Clockwise = lower beam
    Current:
    2017 Mk2 Tiguan 162TSI, R-line, White
    2020 Mk7.5 Golf R Wagon, White

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by veew View Post
    Anticlockwise = raise beam
    Clockwise = lower beam
    Oh dear I did half a turn clockwise as I thought it meant above so how much of a turn does it need

I will turn them back tomorrow but would like an idea of how far to do it Thanks

UPDATE

So i put them back to where they were by half a turn anticlockwise.. marked on garage door where the top of the cutoff is Turned the white vertical screw (Only one I could see) 1 turn ANTI clockwise Didnt seem to do anything so did it another turn ANTI clockwise and still didnt seem to alter by any noticeable amount Door is about 800mm from lights

How many turns does it take
    Last edited by Hillbilly; 26-06-2019 at 02:20 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Hillbilly View Post
    Oh dear I did half a turn clockwise as I thought it meant above so how much of a turn does it need

I will turn them back tomorrow but would like an idea of how far to do it Thanks

UPDATE

So i put them back to where they were by half a turn anticlockwise.. marked on garage door where the top of the cutoff is Turned the white vertical screw (Only one I could see) 1 turn ANTI clockwise Didnt seem to do anything so did it another turn ANTI clockwise and still didnt seem to alter by any noticeable amount Door is about 800mm from lights

How many turns does it take
    It can take a few turns. My suggestion is to park further away from the garage door as you'll be able to see the effects of each turn.
    Current:
    2017 Mk2 Tiguan 162TSI, R-line, White
    2020 Mk7.5 Golf R Wagon, White

Users Country Flag
    Good point - if you are close and couple mm increase can translate to quite a bit more 30-40m down the road...
    2018 Allspace 162TSI R Line

Users Country Flag

Yeah I realise that Just where I live is hard to get somewhere at night to do it without disturbing neighbors as we live in a village and houses are close together

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678