Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Is there a new VW Tiguan Keyfob ?

Users Country Flag

Question Is there a new VW Tiguan Keyfob ?

Test drove a new 2021 Skoda Karoq today and they have appeared to have changed the keyfob for the better

VW have removed the stupid button that pops out the key which always seems to happen when the keyfob is in your pocket
    Its also thinner and lighter and looks similar to this

Does anyone know if there is a similar new keyfob for the VW Tiguan as I would be happy to get rid of my current one ?
    Last edited by FastMitch; 31-07-2021 at 08:11 PM.

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by FastMitch View Post
    Test drove a new 2021 Skoda Karoq today and they have appeared to have changed the keyfob for the better

VW have removed the stupid button that pops out the key which always seems to happen when the keyfob is in your pocket
    Its also thinner and lighter and looks similar to this

Does anyone know if there is a similar new keyfob for the VW Tiguan as I would be happy to get rid of my current one ?
    I just got some of that stuff you put in drawers to stop stuff moving and held a small piece over the slot and pushed key in and trimmed it off Key has never popped in nearly 2 years

Also bought one of these which recesses the button somewhat Because i want to know which one is mine by colour

Soft TPU Car Key Case Cover For Volkswagen VW Golf 7 MK7 Tiguan mk2 for Skoda Octavia 3 A7 Kodiaq 2017 2018 2019 2020|Key Case for Car| - AliExpress
    2021 Kamiq LE 110 , Moon White, BV cameras F & B
    Mamba Ebike to replace Tiguan

Users Country Flag Thread Starter
    Quote Originally Posted by Hillbilly View Post
    I just got some of that stuff you put in drawers to stop stuff moving and held a small piece over the slot and pushed key in and trimmed it off Key has never popped in nearly 2 years
    Can you post a photo of this as not sure I have understood what this is ?

Looking at how to dismantle the keyfob, looks like it is pretty easy to just remove the physical key or transfer it to a replacement keyfob where the key is recessed with no button

Last edited by FastMitch; 31-07-2021 at 09:43 PM.

Users Country Flag
    The Keyfob you mention as "new", has been around since the B8 Passat was released in 2015.
    So both my Alltrack and Superb have exactly the same keyfobs.

There is a new key though, the MK8 for example has the very new style keyfobs; Key fob battery replacement VW Golf 8, Leon KL, Skoda Octavia NX e Audi A3 8Y 2020/21 Tutorial - YouTube
    MY18 VW Passat Alltrack Wolfsburg Edition + Panoramic Sunroof + some extra goodies... (Pure White)
    MY17 ŠKODA Superb 206TSI 4x4 + Sunroof + Tech Pack + Comfort Pack + some extra goodies... (Moon White)

Users Country Flag
    Here you go Removing key is good till you need it and its at home and you arent
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Is there a new VW Tiguan Keyfob ?-20210731_221831[1]-jpg   Is there a new VW Tiguan Keyfob ?-20210731_221905[2]-jpg  

Is there a new VW Tiguan Keyfob ?-20210731_221934[2]-jpg   Is there a new VW Tiguan Keyfob ?-20210731_221938[1]-jpg  

Thanks mate, that looks like a cheap easy fix. I think I have similar stuff at home just different color.

Will try that before anything more dramatic
    Last edited by FastMitch; 31-07-2021 at 11:30 PM.

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by Hillbilly View Post
    Here you go Removing key is good till you need it and its at home and you arent
    Actually that $6 cover from Aliexpress is enough to stop the button from being pushed in far enough to release the key

I just ran my thumb over it and I had to push it right in to release it and if anything flat ran over it in your pocket it doesnt go down far enough to release the key

I had a look at the Aliexpress cover but as the key is already bulky, I did not want to make it any thicker.

If I was going to buy something from Aliexpress, for a few dollars more I may buy this

MQB Car Modified Replacement Remote Key Shell Key Case for VW Golf MK7 Jetta Tiguan Polo for Superb Octavia Yeti Fabia for SEAT|Key Shell| - AliExpress

Watching the video looks like it takes about 10 mins to switch the keyfob motherboard and key across

Forgot to ask, looking at the photo what do you use to open the key if you need to and take the stuff out ?
    Last edited by FastMitch; 31-07-2021 at 11:44 PM.

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by FastMitch View Post
    I had a look at the Aliexpress cover but as the key is already bulky, I did not want to make it any thicker.

If I was going to buy something from Aliexpress, for a few dollars more I may buy this

MQB Car Modified Replacement Remote Key Shell Key Case for VW Golf MK7 Jetta Tiguan Polo for Superb Octavia Yeti Fabia for SEAT|Key Shell| - AliExpress

Watching the video looks like it takes about 10 mins to switch the keyfob motherboard and key across

Forgot to ask, looking at the photo what do you use to open the key if you need to and take the stuff out ?
    Cover is wafer thin actually so hardly makes any difference

Use a pin or a nail or thin key lifts the end ok Last night used the nail scissors that were on my desk

Thanks mate, will update after I try it

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast