Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Is there a new VW Tiguan Keyfob ?

Users Country Flag Thread Starter

I put the stuff as per your photo and works well and no longer releases the key. Feels really tight, not sure how easy / hard it will be to take it back out.
    Last edited by FastMitch; 07-08-2021 at 05:59 PM.

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by FastMitch View Post
    I put the stuff as per your photo and works well, but no longer releases the key. Feels really tight, not sure how easy / hard it will be to take it back out.
    Depends on how much you put in Only needs a 10mm square piece of that stuff.

I took it out and with the cover it doesnt need any. How many times have you had to use the key?????. Last car never in 10 years
    2021 Kamiq LE 110 , Moon White, BV cameras F & B
    Mamba Ebike to replace Tiguan

Users Country Flag Thread Starter
    Never used a key in my last car of 7 years. As I just put in a new battery in this one, hope I don't need to use the key until I have to sell the car.

Users Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by FastMitch View Post
    I had a look at the Aliexpress cover but as the key is already bulky, I did not want to make it any thicker.

If I was going to buy something from Aliexpress, for a few dollars more I may buy this

MQB Car Modified Replacement Remote Key Shell Key Case for VW Golf MK7 Jetta Tiguan Polo for Superb Octavia Yeti Fabia for SEAT|Key Shell| - AliExpress

Watching the video looks like it takes about 10 mins to switch the keyfob motherboard and key across

Forgot to ask, looking at the photo what do you use to open the key if you need to and take the stuff out ?
    I got this same one from AliExpress a few months ago. Took a bit of prying to get the OEM key apart but not too bad.

In person the AliExpress shell looks quite cheap next to the OEM key. I ended up putting my OEM key back together as it just felt too low quality, even if it did save me from constant flipping out of the key.

I'm not sure what I did as the circuit board on the key seems 100% fine, but ever since I opened up the key the battery in it only lasts about a month max now. I pulled it back apart to make sure nothing was bent or cracked or touching but it's 100% fine.

I really wish they just used these keys on the Kessy/Keyless models as standard. There is no reason VW couldn't - they are all MQB keys.
    MY20 Tiguan Allspace Highline R-Line, S&V and Sunroof in Deep Black
    MY17 Golf TSI Highline with DAP in Deep Black

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12