Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Suspension upgrade - Eibach vs H&R

Users Country Flag

Thx to all for reply and feedback for Eibach spring upgrades .
    Just quick questions , I have chance to buy almost brand new Springs from Golf 7.5 R variant 2020 year . Wondering if this Golf R springs would be suitable for Tiguan ? and would be any difference in drop in cm, and how much about? I have compared both front struts with spring mounted on shocks between golf R and my Tiguan and measuring in height from bottom to top mounting brackets they seems exact same size

Users Country Flag
    Would like if someone can measure with digital calliper in mm thickens of front and rear spring on Eibach , just want to compare with Golf R springs and my
    Many Thx in advance

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by cameleon72 View Post
    Thx to all for reply and feedback for Eibach spring upgrades .
    Just quick questions , I have chance to buy almost brand new Springs from Golf 7.5 R variant 2020 year . Wondering if this Golf R springs would be suitable for Tiguan ? and would be any difference in drop in cm, and how much about? I have compared both front struts with spring mounted on shocks between golf R and my Tiguan and measuring in height from bottom to top mounting brackets they seems exact same size
    you need to keep in mind that golf r springs are engineered to have a spring rate specific to the weight of a golf r, not a tiguan.

give it a google, there's a fair few tiguans running golf r springs, especially in the US.

Quote Originally Posted by PDMJO View Post
    you need to keep in mind that golf r springs are engineered to have a spring rate specific to the weight of a golf r, not a tiguan.

give it a google, there's a fair few tiguans running golf r springs, especially in the US.
    And the spring rates have different damper rates I should think.

Users Country Flag
    Thx noted
    I already started experimenting with install of Golf R struts, finished rear . Noticed on my surprise that now new installed rear Golf R struts ,even wens measured before exact the same as Tiguan original struts size in mm . Actually looks like instead lowering car it rise height for some reason .at least that's looks to me, also drive has more soft /comfort fell on the back.

Now I make mistake didn't before change from factory taguan struts measured height from top tyre to Fender gap , so i cant now know exactly if gap on rear went up or is factory setup that rear has bigger gap than front side . However comparing now gap with Golf R struts installed on rear to the front factory Tiguan struts , the rear with golf R have higher now gap about 1.5cm than front side .

So if someone can check on his factory Tiguan with DCC setup have same gap between tyre top and fender front and rear side?
    I want to first to see how Golf R struts work on Tiguan with original Tiguan springs, than after I like to try all setup with Golf R struts and springs .

Also question if only struts are replaced on the rear, does car need wheel alignment done or not ?
    Last edited by cameleon72; 01-03-2021 at 11:48 PM.

Users Country Flag
    Placed order for Eibach Springs. Should be here next week from Germany. Will see how if goes and impression difference between Tiguan standard non DCC vs DCC and VS Eibach setup.

Users Country Flag
    Interested in purchasing a set of Eibachs for my Tiguan Rline. For folks who have installed these springs, did you notice that your headlights needed to be realigned slightly upwards after install - since the car is now dropped slightly?

Users Country Flag
    Hi everyone, just an update on my eibach springs and aftermarket sway bar - I am still loving the much less boaty ride and handling and also the few cm lowered look from my February 2021 install. In early August - so about 6 months later (and about 4000km of driving) I started to hear a few creaks, mostly from the rear. Dropped it off to my suspension place and they looked it over up on a hoist and retightened everything and viola it is once again creak free and silent as the day my wolfie was acquired back in February 2019.Might be an idea for others with similar setups to consider getting a similar re-tightening some months post suspension upgrades.

I have just done my car with 2017 Audi S3 hatch springs which is much closer in weight than the Golf R.
    2 finger gap at front and 3 finger gap at rear (using the Audi TT thicker spring seat rubbers). Ride is very good and for $120 best value mod I have ever done.

Suspension upgrade - Eibach vs H&R-pic1-jpg

Suspension upgrade - Eibach vs H&R-pic3-jpg

Suspension upgrade - Eibach vs H&R-pic5_li-jpg

Suspension upgrade - Eibach vs H&R-pic8-jpg

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast