Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Suspension upgrade - Eibach vs H&R

Quote Originally Posted by PDMJO View Post
    yeah that's normal. i like to think it's because the clever folks at eibach knew to provide a bit more travel/clearance for those times you've got the boot fully loaded and passengers in the rear.

if it's really bothering you, resetting the rear springs is an option. gives an extra 5mm drop or so.
    Thanks for the reply.

I’m getting wheels eventually, either 21’s or 22’s so I’ll wait till then

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by chris_e_fresh View Post
    Thanks for the reply.

I’m getting wheels eventually, either 21’s or 22’s so I’ll wait till then
    You'll also need to give a good think to rolling diameters, and how much larger you want to go compared to what you have now.

Depends how concerned you are with your state's legal limits

It’s nsw here. I was reading its 25mm

Not sure how you work it all out
    255/40-20’s are on the car now
    266/30-35-22’s is what I would be looking at

Users Country Flag
    Plug the numbers into an online calculator like willtheyfit.com, it'll tell you everything. great site.

However, i suspect you won't be able to run a 35 tyre profile within NSW's limits.

Users Country Flag
    Just wanted to say think the pro kit definitely the best ride had S3 springs,H&R and think the eibach been best ride by far

Users Country Flag
    When you say ''best ride'', doo you mean best comfort or sport handling ? More precise compare would be great for new potential Buyers . I am looking to upgrade from standard setup, to get rid o horrible comfort on standard spring / shocks. Especially on small bumps and typical bad city potholes, even small speed bumps have terrible noise transfer to cabin and seat on Tiguan which ruin ride comfort . Not sure if is the same wit Monroe shocks with DCC on R-line Tiguan ? But standard Sachs shocks and springs on non DCC Tiguan are very bad regarding comfort, even with small 18 inch wheels with 55 profile tyre

Users Country Flag
    All those springs lean towards more sportier handling, ie stiffer. I've had the Eibachs on for about 5 months now, paired with OEM DCC shocks. For day to day driving in Sydney residential areas I alternate between Comfort and Normal. Sports is really stiff so I tend to leave that for motorways.
    If the road isn't particularly flat or there's speed bumps everywhere I tend to stick with Comfort. There's less of a boaty, floaty feel with these springs compared to the stock ones. Unexpected bumps and potholes that I don't see in time still make me wince (I am running 20's) so my thought is that aftermarket shocks might resolve that problem, but I'm not ready to go there yet.
    Plus I like the slight drop in height.
    I also have zero intentions of taking the car off road.

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by Beedub View Post
    All those springs lean towards more sportier handling, ie stiffer. I've had the Eibachs on for about 5 months now, paired with OEM DCC shocks. For day to day driving in Sydney residential areas I alternate between Comfort and Normal. Sports is really stiff so I tend to leave that for motorways.
    If the road isn't particularly flat or there's speed bumps everywhere I tend to stick with Comfort. There's less of a boaty, floaty feel with these springs compared to the stock ones. Unexpected bumps and potholes that I don't see in time still make me wince (I am running 20's) so my thought is that aftermarket shocks might resolve that problem, but I'm not ready to go there yet.
    Plus I like the slight drop in height.
    I also have zero intentions of taking the car off road.
    Thank you Beedub
    So far I understand upgrading spring on Tiguan with DCC shocks and comparing factory vs Eibach spring is you gain improvement in handling by reducing body roll . But what about comfort comparing from Factory springs , did you notice or gin any improvement in comfort ,or this went more to fill bumps ? In once tread I think Tiger noted that after spring change on his Sprotline with DCC he noticed improvement even in comfort , that small sharp bumps are after eibach upgrade less noticeable ,which I am most interested. Offcourse handling and less body roll is welcome , however regarding body roll I already placed order for SuperPro rear Swaybar with endlinks .Hope this will help in reducing body roll by alone .
    Thx

Users Country Flag Thread Starter
    Hi I have had the Eibachs on for a few months now and still very happy with ride comfort, no more bottoming noises over little bumps. big improvement over stock.

Users Country Flag

I too have had the eibachs installed for a couple of weeks - also an aftermarket rear sway bar.

Love the way it has improved the handling and also the look - dropped 3.5cm all round - from 8.5cm tyre to guard is now 5cm for both front and back.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast