Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sunroof Height....

Users Country Flag

Sunroof Height....

For those that have the sunroof option, could you please measure the height it pops up whilst opening? I’m wanting to install the Thule wing bar edge roof racks but need to ensure they will not hit the sun roof when it opens.

I’m expecting delivery of my car either first or second week of feb so unfortunately can’t measure myself

I'll measure it when I get home however it is below the side bars for the roof racks (for lack of a better name).

Users Country Flag Thread Starter
    Thanks heaps!

I stand corrected, it seems it exceeds the roof rack bars by a little bit as it follows the roof curvature.

I've attached images of both in tilt mode and fully opened.

Sunroof Height....-20190116_210610-jpgSunroof Height....-20190116_210626-jpgSunroof Height....-20190116_210658-jpgSunroof Height....-20190116_210717-jpg
    Daily 2018 Tiguan MK2 Sportline (Drag & Drop Tune, 12.9s @ 108mph)
    Weekend/Track 1996 Skyline R33 GTS-t Stage 99 (Built Motor, GTX3576 Gen 2, 407rwkW) [Build Thread]

www.nhbautomotive.com.au

Quote Originally Posted by Dose Pipe Sutututu View Post
    I stand corrected, it seems it exceeds the roof rack bars by a little bit as it follows the roof curvature.

I've attached images of both in tilt mode and fully opened.

Sunroof Height....-20190116_210610-jpgSunroof Height....-20190116_210626-jpgSunroof Height....-20190116_210658-jpgSunroof Height....-20190116_210717-jpg
    Wow!! Thanks for this! Wasn’t expecting that. Damn I don’t think the bars I want are gonna work.

Appreciate your time

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by jdstephens View Post
    Wow!! Thanks for this! Wasn’t expecting that. Damn I don’t think the bars I want are gonna work.

Appreciate your time
    I'm keen on the Thule bars too. Thinking some red tape over the sunroof buttons when the racks are on.

Users Country Flag
    Tob35 I will watch with interest I have the same issue coming up, from what I can see Rhino, Thule and Prorack all basically say dont open the sunroof with the racks on. I am going to a place that sells all 3 brands on the weekend and will report back
    MY19 162 Highline R-Line, SVP, Pano roof, Pure White

Quote Originally Posted by coastvw View Post
    Tob35 I will watch with interest I have the same issue coming up, from what I can see Rhino, Thule and Prorack all basically say dont open the sunroof with the racks on. I am going to a place that sells all 3 brands on the weekend and will report back
    Please do, I really hope the Thule wingbar edge can fit because the least amount of drag is important for fuel economy. I guess I can always remove when not using, but that’s not ideal

Users Country Flag
    On a different note, how tight a fit is Dose Pipe's garage!
    MY19 162 Highline R-Line, SVP, Pano roof, Pure White

Users Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by jdstephens View Post
    Please do, I really hope the Thule wingbar edge can fit because the least amount of drag is important for fuel economy. I guess I can always remove when not using, but that’s not ideal
    I left my racks on my MK6 GTI for 12 months or so. Partly because of laziness and partly because it didn't look horrible. Bit it ended up damaging the clear coat where the feet sat.

The only thing going on the roof will be bicycles and a kayak. Neither will find under the garage roof while on. So taking the racks off after use won't be too much extra effort.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast