Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: Stage 1 Tune

Users Country Flag

So you going Revo then?
    2018 Allspace 162TSI R Line

Users Country Flag
    Yep going REVO at VW Village. They don’t seem to have a dyno so won’t have a before and after but assume it’s a copy paste tune so predicted outputs with what other shops achieve.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Users Country Flag
    Went for REVO at VW Village. No dyno (or was extra cost and was not told that upfront) so can’t say how much was gained but given the copy paste tune assume it’s what it says on the tin. Feels great, car pulls very nicely across the range. Low revs feels a bit lazy, assume it’s DSG being slow but in manual it’s loads of fun. Highly recommend, tune was done in 1 hour. $1220, no discounting as far as I am aware.

Quote Originally Posted by alin13 View Post
    Went for REVO at VW Village. No dyno (or was extra cost and was not told that upfront) so can’t say how much was gained but given the copy paste tune assume it’s what it says on the tin. Feels great, car pulls very nicely across the range. Low revs feels a bit lazy, assume it’s DSG being slow but in manual it’s loads of fun. Highly recommend, tune was done in 1 hour. $1220, no discounting as far as I am aware.
    Thanks for the update. Does it still feel lazy at low revs with the gearbox in Sport? Any issues with gear changes post-tune?
    Current:
    2017 Mk2 Tiguan 162TSI, R-line, White
    2020 Mk7.5 Golf R Wagon, White

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by alin13 View Post
    Good to hear you are happy, just a shame that you missed out on the EOFY sales that most tuning companies offered in June (normally 10-15% discount).
    2017 Ford Fiesta ST
    2015 Audi SQ5 bi-turbo V6 TDI family hauler

Users Country Flag
    Yea all good re discounts, the value you get out of a tune makes it worth every cent, different car. The gear shifting in S is becoming better, assuming DSG learns the new power somewhat but you will feel the surge kick in after 2k RPM. I haven’t launched the car at all so probably if you do that there no issues but for everyday driving you feel the pull. That being said in manual you can control the revs better so you get more of that power instantly. No gearbox issues, it is a known REVO tune configuration, smoother pull on the revs but lower kick upfront vs APR that kicks more down low and tapers off on top end revs (from what I’ve read not that I had the APR done). I guess personal preference, given the weight of the car I prefer a smoother start otherwise the wheels might rip away from the chassis lol.

Users Country Flag
    Make sure you get it all warmed up well before doing a launch start
    2018 Allspace 162TSI R Line

Users Country Flag
    I'd be interested to know if you find any increased fuel efficiency as some others have reported in getting a stage 1 done.
    I love my 162 Allspace but it is significantly thirstier around town than I was expecting.

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by Surly78 View Post
    I'd be interested to know if you find any increased fuel efficiency as some others have reported in getting a stage 1 done.
    I love my 162 Allspace but it is significantly thirstier around town than I was expecting.
    You will find with the same style of driving you will save 1L or slightly more per 100km. The factory tune runs rich for engine safety and covers different climates/poor maintenance/poor fuel quality etc. A retune will (amongst playing with timing and turbo boost etc) lean out the fuel mixture slightly to capitalise on the fact that there is more power to be had by running a bit leaner. Its still safe, but not quite "nanny safe" as per VW.

So the leaner fuel mixture, combined with more power and torque - means the engine doesn't have to work as hard to get the car moving and keep it moving = better fuel economy.
    2017 Ford Fiesta ST
    2015 Audi SQ5 bi-turbo V6 TDI family hauler

Users Country Flag

Thanks for that.
    Would love to get a stage 1 done but I'm only halfway thru a 3yr lease.
    Don't want to risk getting it done and having issues before the lease runs out.
    Love the car other than the thirsty city driving.

Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast