Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Stage 1 Tune

Get the APR Stage 1 copy/paste tune, works well and you get what you pay for.

I ran 13.5, 13.3, then a fluke 12.9 at WSID a few weeks back.

Only thing it had besides the copy/paste tune is a turbo inlet elbow, turbo muff delete, snow grate removal and Haldex set to grip (does some odd things every once in a while like massive thumps)

You can hear the massive haldex thump when it goes into 2nd - that spoolie noise is from a VL on the transbrake next to me not the Tiguan haha

Last edited by Dose Pipe Sutututu; 24-04-2020 at 01:24 PM.
    Daily 2018 Tiguan MK2 Sportline (Drag & Drop Tune, 12.9s @ 108mph)
    Weekend/Track 1996 Skyline R33 GTS-t Stage 99 (Built Motor, GTX3576 Gen 2, 407rwkW) [Build Thread]

www.nhbautomotive.com.au

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by Gladbach View Post
    So my Tiggy is booked in for Friday for an APR Stage 1
    Awesome - today is the big day
    2017 Ford Fiesta ST
    2015 Audi SQ5 bi-turbo V6 TDI family hauler

Users Country Flag Thread Starter
    Quote Originally Posted by Lucas_R View Post
    Awesome - today is the big day
    Indeed it is

All done. I picked it up at lunchtime and there was a lot of traffic coming home so I haven't been able to test it too much so far, but can definitely feel the difference!

Driving in D is very true to the original driving profile, with the main difference that i can feel more torque lower down the range with the DSG not having to drop down a gear as often. The fact that it's very similar is a good thing in my opinion, makes the car still feel like a smooth drive, and also will keep my wife happy (because she won't notice too much when she drives). Can feel some extra power if I put my foot down, but it's still a good sensible drive.

S on the other hand is completely transformed. Again, I've only been able to give it a few squirts here and there, but the power comes on hard and it really pulls - distinct feeling of being pushed into the back of my seat (was always missing this a bit) and I can feel that it's eager to go harder than I could push it for now. Was seriously just getting too fast too quickly to push it harder haha.

I had the tune done by European Autotech in Mona Vale. Tim there was really friendly and approachable and the whole process was really easy. I also enquired about a rear sway bar to reduce some of the body roll. Perhaps the next investment...
    Last edited by Gladbach; 24-04-2020 at 04:42 PM.

2017 Tiguan 162TSI Highline/R-Line
    2017 Audi S3

By the way, thanks Lucas_R for your assistance.

2017 Audi S3

Stage 1 Tune

Good to hear you got it sorted. Enjoy!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2017 Tiguan Sportline - Tigger73's 162TSI Sportline

2016 Scirocco R, stage 1, 205kwaw (sold) - Tigger73's Scirocco R Build
    2013 Tiguan 155TSI, stage 1, 144kwaw (sold) - Tigger73's 155TSI Build
    2011 Tiguan 125TSI, Stage 2+, 152kwaw (sold)
    - Tigger73's 125TSI Build

Cheers

2017 Audi S3

Also, by way of justification for anyone considering doing the same, the cost of the tune was just over 2% of the purchase price. When I was buying the car, if there was an option to choose a 220kw variant (to be conservative) I would have happily dished out an extra few thousand (more than what a paid for the tune).

2017 Audi S3

Users Country Flag
    Enjoy the APR Stage 1 tune. My car had it for nearly a year - transforms the car from stock. My only niggle is that it could be a bit aggressive when not in sport mode between 2K and 3K when giving the car a bit of throttle - boost comes on really fast and strong with the IS20 turbo.

I've just changed over to the APR Stage 3 tune so I'm keen to see the difference between it and Stage 1 when I put a few kms on the car tomorrow.
    2018 VW Tiguan 162 TSI Sportline
    APR Stage 3 ECU tune, TVS Stage 2+ TCU tune, IS38 Rev F turbo, APR intercooler, APR dump pipe, Racingline intake kit & 034 rear swaybar.
    XForce Varex muffler & controller on the way.

How did it go today?

Went for a another drive today. Even in Eco mode it feels so much more capable. In fact, for day to day driving, Eco is really nice. The extra torque makes it feel effortless and it's really smooth. I did notice in D what Entheos describes (boost coming on strong) so if driving in D it's something to be aware of (adjusting driving style slightly).

Had some fun in sports mode today as well. Seriously makes a massive difference, it's blisteringly quick and what I was hoping the car would feel more like when I first test drove it (was a bit disappointed when I did).

The car is so much nicer to drive now, it feels like a brand new vehicle. Next time I won't wait this long to get the tune done. I was being conservative and wanted to wait out the warranty period, but I don't think I'd bother next time. Mind you, it's kinda nice to wait a few years because it's like getting a new car again without anywhere near the outlay!

2017 Audi S3

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast