Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Silicone inlet hose trouble

Quote Originally Posted by tigger73 View Post
    Third time lucky!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Fingers crossed!

For those interested, I've tried forge motorsport and leyo

Still have not had any luck with any silicone inlet hose for the Tiguan. Does anyone actually have one fitted and it fit correctly without any modifications?

Users Country Flag
    Might be a sign to look for a new CAI, rather than just swapping out the inlet pipe 😉

I think it’s more to the point that nobody has made one specific to the Tiguan.

There just isn’t that big a market for it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2017 Tiguan Sportline - Tigger73's 162TSI Sportline

2016 Scirocco R, stage 1, 205kwaw (sold) - Tigger73's Scirocco R Build
    2013 Tiguan 155TSI, stage 1, 144kwaw (sold) - Tigger73's 155TSI Build
    2011 Tiguan 125TSI, Stage 2+, 152kwaw (sold)
    - Tigger73's 125TSI Build

Quote Originally Posted by PDMJO View Post
    Might be a sign to look for a new CAI, rather than just swapping out the inlet pipe 😉
    I'm not sure of the CAI will fit either because they would still be marketed for a golf or something of the sort so I would still have the same fitting issues.

I've contacted racingline to see if theirs will fit. It says it's for all mqb ea888.3 cars with a stock turbo and stock or racingline brand airbox.

So I'll wait and see what happens with this.

Users Country Flag
    There’s a thread somewhere for CAI’s. I’ve got the IE one, and off the top of my head there’s others with the racingline and APR ones.

I don't think this is a CAI problem. I just think the distance from the front bumper/radiator to the engine is different in the Tiguan as opposed to the Golf/other MQB platform vehicles.

I'm almost certain that this is the case as the Wagner intercooler I installed has different length silicone hoses in the Tiguan kit as opposed to the "standard" MQB kit that works with the Golf, Arteon, Superb, A3, S3, TT, Octavia, etc. They wouldn't go to all the effort to put a specific kit together for the Tiguan if there wasn't a requirement for it.

I think we have to get Racingline (or other manufacturer) to test fit one of their hoses on a Tiguan and then make a product that is specific for the Tig.

I'll just probably run all the bolt on parts apart from the silicone hose.

It's only a stage 2 Tiguan so i suppose it's not like the bolt ons or a lack of silicone intake hose will even make that much of a measurable difference. Worst case I'll wait for the Tiguan R to come out and wait for mods for that to come on the scene .

Quote Originally Posted by southtig View Post
    So the verdict right now is to use the stock accordion style hose if you go to an upgraded air box? Does it fit well with the r600 box? From pics I have seen here, it seems like it's a bit shorter than ideal, but enough to get past the ridge on the neck and clamp it down well?

I have popped borderline fitting intake and fmic hoses on boost so many times on other cars.
    I'm running the R600 with the stock accordion hose. Fitment is waaaay better than the Racingline Silicone hose.

The engine does move around a bit so you really need a flexible coupling that's not going to come off.

Users Country Flag

Was there any update on this? ECS say their hose is a specific fit and was “designed in house”. That would mean it’s different from Racingline. Their hose will not fit Tiguan. I’m told because the motor is tilted slightly making a gap of approx 40mm (shown in first pic on this post).

id happily buy the ECS one right now if it was to fit. I hate the accordion factory hose on my racingline intake

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast