Thread: Silicone hose

Users Country Flag

Silicone hose

Hey guys, who has replaced their factory intake hose with a silicone hose. I wanted to use the racingline one with my racingline intake. But was told it doesn’t fit. Harding performance were really helpful and showed me the racingline one next to the stock one. It was distinctly different in shape. I’m led to believe it’s because the tig motor is slightly tilted. Difference is about 40mm

i have seen others with one attached. Some seem to say it fits ok while others say it’s a pain. HP were concerned that while you may get it on it’s not really a good idea.

I’ve seen some especially for tig from US but I believe they are for maf cars. Mine is maf less 162 which i believe is golf gti motor.

damn I want a hose. Racingline tell me they are developing one but who knows when

Quote Originally Posted by TrooperTig View Post
    Hey guys, who has replaced their factory intake hose with a silicone hose. I wanted to use the racingline one with my racingline intake. But was told it doesn’t fit. Harding performance were really helpful and showed me the racingline one next to the stock one. It was distinctly different in shape. I’m led to believe it’s because the tig motor is slightly tilted. Difference is about 40mm

i have seen others with one attached. Some seem to say it fits ok while others say it’s a pain. HP were concerned that while you may get it on it’s not really a good idea.

I’ve seen some especially for tig from US but I believe they are for maf cars. Mine is maf less 162 which i believe is golf gti motor.

damn I want a hose. Racingline tell me they are developing one but who knows when
    I’ve got an ECS Tuning one that I bought second hand that was previously fitted to a golf, fits fine
    2019 Tiguan R-Line - IS38 Turbo - Spectuned - X-Force Downpipe - RS7 Spark Plugs - CTS Inlet Elbow - ECS Inlet Pipe - K&N Panel Filter - Golf R Muffler - APR Exhaust Controller - Superpro Rear Swaybar - Digital Dash Retrofitted - 034 Dogbone Mount - DBA T3 Rotors & Pads - Golf R Springs

Users Country Flag Thread Starter

Racingline interestingly sent an email to their subscribers overnight and there was a good tidbit saying their new tig hoses were in production