Thread: Shark fin Antenna completely detached from roof of tiguan MY17, how to fix it?

Shark fin Antenna completely detached from roof of tiguan MY17, how to fix it?

Hi all,

I had an unfortunate incident where the top of my car got stuck on a rolling garage door.

the shark fin Antenna was ripped out of the roof and fell to the ground leaving a big hole on the roof.

How do i get it fixed?

I think i ruined the radio too since it looks like the cable got disconnected.
    Hope it did not damage my GPS?

Any idea where I can go to have it repaired? I am in Sydney NSW by the way.

Also, how much would it cost?

Thank you

If you post a few pictures, it might help a bit more.

Users Country Flag
    I'd recommend going to the VW authorised repairers in Sydney. Once way to make sure your VW warranty remains current.
    VW Authorised Repairers

If the cost is as high as I'd imagine it might be call your insurance company and see if they allow you to use the VW authorised repairers. They may not ! Long story with my mum's new Polo after another driver wiped left side of the car... Luckily after we leaned legally on APIA and it was written off. But the lesson was learned make sure you have a choice of repairer in your insurance policy.

Users Country Flag
    Put some Duct tape over the hole to stop rain getting in until you take it to VW for assessment

Roof lining will probably need to come out to renew cables if it ripped the ends off them

Wont be cheap to fix so get it assessed and then approach your insurance. No good going to a panelbeater they can only fix the roof which leaves all the technical stuff not done.

Post a pic of the shark fin showing the cable connections and blow the moths out of your wallet as you will need a full one.
    2021 Kamiq LE 110 , Moon White, BV cameras F & B
    Mamba Ebike to replace Tiguan

Users Country Flag

I had this conversation when my mum's polo was getting assessed for damage. Authorised repairers take into account panel repairs and electrical repairs as per VW repair manual including recommended time to perform each task. They have to undertake VW training before they get the VW accreditation. Hence my suggestion. Non-authorised repairer (as was the case in my mum Polo case) "forgot" to include repairs to electrical system, calibration of forward collision radar system or scanning for error codes or repairs (if any) to the canbus system and modules to each door.