Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Ride/Handling mods

Users Country Flag

Ride/Handling mods

Just wondering if anyone has done any aftermarket changes to improve the ride/reduce body roll etc. Suspension changes perhaps?

Yes, should have bought a Golf R, but the missus was convinced we needed an SUV.

2017 Tiguan 162TSI Highline/R-Line
    2017 Audi S3

Users Country Flag
    I've replaced the stock springs with Eibach's which lower the car by 10mm. Not a huge drop but the ride is improved in my opinion. Comfort mode doesn't feel as sloppy, normal mode feels firmer but not harsh, and sports mode feels like what sports mode should feel like, when using the DCC settings.

To reduce body roll I installed a rear sway bar from 034 Motorsport to suit the Golf R Mk7. I'd say it's reduced body roll by 85-90%.

My wife never really noticed any of the changes, which were done in stages.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

Users Country Flag Thread Starter
    That's really helpful, thanks. Particularly in regards to the sway bar. I had now idea it could make that much difference.

2017 Audi S3

Did you install it yourself or have a shop install it?

2017 Audi S3

Users Country Flag
    Tuning shop did the springs along with a bunch of other mods.

Sway bar was done by my mechanic.

Thanks. After seeing your post I did some more research and there are loads of people who have installed a rear sway bar and have been really happy with the results. I inquired about this when I had my car tuned this morning and the guy said that it's only about 30 mins labour (apparently the rear is easy to install but the front is a lot more involved).

I think this might be my next investment

2017 Audi S3

Users Country Flag
    I just did the rear swaybar (today). I have the Eibach Pro springs in the shed pending how the car handles with just the swaybar. Have only driven for a few kms from the workshop back home so haven't really tested it out as yet but am going for a bit of a drive tomorrow so will give some feedback.
    2018 VW Tiguan 162 TSI Sportline
    APR Stage 3 ECU tune, TVS Stage 2+ TCU tune, IS38 Rev F turbo, APR intercooler, APR dump pipe, Racingline intake kit & 034 rear swaybar.
    XForce Varex muffler & controller on the way.

Users Country Flag
    I wouldn't do the front. There's no need to once the rear is in.

Cool, really keen to hear your feedback once you've given it a good run.

2017 Audi S3

Users Country Flag

Well, swaybar is on (along with other goodies). Review . . . .

What a difference to the handling. Upsides. The ride in sports mode seems a little less harsh (who would have thought), but best of all the body roll is mostly gone. Immediately noticeable.

On a favourite corner of mine, turn in is still a little rubbish (especially as I have a tendency to enter corners too quickly), but put the power down and I could feel the back of the car skipping out just a little and the front tucking in. No snap oversteer - nicely controlled. There is still body roll, but nothing like beforehand.

Downsides. Its really minor. The rear appears to be slightly higher with the swaybar in. It is hardly noticeable but there. It give the car a slight nose down stance - personally I like it.

Based upon this, I probably won't put the Eibach springs in anytime soon. This is a must have install - its still an SUV and no sports car, but this is how the car should have come from the factory. Massive improvement.
    2018 VW Tiguan 162 TSI Sportline
    APR Stage 3 ECU tune, TVS Stage 2+ TCU tune, IS38 Rev F turbo, APR intercooler, APR dump pipe, Racingline intake kit & 034 rear swaybar.
    XForce Varex muffler & controller on the way.

Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast