Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112

Thread: Ride/Handling mods

I've done it at home, if it's on a hoist it definitely shouldn't be anymore than 1 hour.
    2019 Tiguan R-Line - IS38 Turbo - Spectuned - X-Force Downpipe - RS7 Spark Plugs - CTS Inlet Elbow - ECS Inlet Pipe - K&N Panel Filter - Golf R Muffler - APR Exhaust Controller - Superpro Rear Swaybar - Digital Dash Retrofitted - 034 Dogbone Mount - DBA T3 Rotors & Pads - Golf R Springs

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by 99GTT View Post
    Random Question, has anyone taken their Post Swaybar / Eibach set up off road to see if it had any negative performance?
    I just came back yesterday from a long roadtrip (6000 km's) on a variety of surfaces in SE Australia (NSW, Tas, VIC, SA and back) and I have the following suspension related mods:

- Eibach springs (- 20mm from standard )
    - Rear Swaybar
    - Michelin Pilot 4s on the 20" Suzuka wheels

On tarmac roads it was great, on bumpy roads comfort became overly bouncy, ended up in sports mode most of the time. Ended up playing dodge the dips and potholes to avoid crashing.

Handling is definitely improved though i've come to realise during this trip the front end steering feel is not near something like the WRX's etc (maybe due to the drive by wire?) ... but it's an SUV so I guess it's to be expected.

On dirt roads ... it depends ... if it's smoothish gravel it was fine, I could get it to 90km/h in off road mode not much drama.

On corrogated roads ... well I drove an off road section in the Arthur-Pieman Conservation Area in TAS (100 kms) which ended up taking over 2 and half hours. It was basically rattle and shake central. I couldn't get much faster than 40 km/h while the Ford Ranger types were handling it at least 80 km/h no problem. The wife wasn't too happy with that particular route but it had amazing views so at least I got to appreciate them a bit more at the slower speeds!

So yeah I reckon the tyres I have probably didn't help given how low profile they were. If I had the space, maybe i'd have a set of 18" wheels with larger side walls so this wouldn't be as painful but don't have the space for them right now.

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by Timmy35851 View Post
    I've done it at home, if it's on a hoist it definitely shouldn't be anymore than 1 hour.
    Oh awesome! Is it a 2 people job on the driveway on ramps, or can it be done alone?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Easily done with 1 person on jack stands.
    Some bits are just a bit fiddly counter holding on the end links, and also twisting the bar in / out of the car.

Check this out Rear Sway Bar and Link UPGRADE 2019 Golf R - YouTube

I loosened the rear muffler hanger body mounts (without removing) to give me enough clearance.
    And be careful of the ride height sensor.
    Hardest bit for me was lining up the new end links within the rear subframe but got there with some wiggling.
    2019 Tiguan R-Line - IS38 Turbo - Spectuned - X-Force Downpipe - RS7 Spark Plugs - CTS Inlet Elbow - ECS Inlet Pipe - K&N Panel Filter - Golf R Muffler - APR Exhaust Controller - Superpro Rear Swaybar - Digital Dash Retrofitted - 034 Dogbone Mount - DBA T3 Rotors & Pads - Golf R Springs

Users Country Flag

Awesome vid, thanks!
    Will def try it at home. Worst case I can drive it without a sway bar at all to the mechanic? Ride/Handling mods

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112