Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9101112 LastLast

Thread: Ride/Handling mods

Quote Originally Posted by LaNOS View Post
    Haha I am curious about that, it could be good but will that ruin the longevity of the engine? I was going to go to Stage 2.5 and just do the intercooler.
    It's basically then a tuned Golf R. They don't seem to have any major issues with longevity. Best to get a later revision IS38 turbo as through 2014-2016 they went through quite a few revisions.

2017 Tiguan Sportline - Tigger73's 162TSI Sportline

2016 Scirocco R, stage 1, 205kwaw (sold) - Tigger73's Scirocco R Build
    2013 Tiguan 155TSI, stage 1, 144kwaw (sold) - Tigger73's 155TSI Build
    2011 Tiguan 125TSI, Stage 2+, 152kwaw (sold)
    - Tigger73's 125TSI Build

Users Country Flag
    Eibach springs have arrived - 26.12.2021 ordered from Germany - sitting in my lounge room 5.01.2021.

Users Country Flag
    The Eibach springs (30mm lower) is on the mod list. But if I wanted it to feel less "boat-y" in turns, would you folks recommend springs or sway bar, or both?

Putting looks aside, which one would achieve a better/flatter turn in - springs or sway bar?

Quote Originally Posted by GreyGoose_X View Post
    The Eibach springs (30mm lower) is on the mod list. But if I wanted it to feel less "boat-y" in turns, would you folks recommend springs or sway bar, or both?

Putting looks aside, which one would achieve a better/flatter turn in - springs or sway bar?
    The sway bar will give a flatter turn-in with less body roll. Lowering springs for looks and a firmer ride.

Users Country Flag
    Personally, if the vehicle has more than 50k on it I'd fit a set of Koni or Bilstein dampers. So many improvements in ride, reduced tip-in velocity, spring control, etc
    carandimage The place where Off-Topic is On-Topic
    I used to think I was anal-retentive until I started getting involved in car forums

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by tigger73 View Post
    The sway bar will give a flatter turn-in with less body roll. Lowering springs for looks and a firmer ride.
    Thanks Tigger. You'll probably remember me asking about wheel sizing (285s) in the other thread. Its related to this question. I want to solve for body roll. But if I somehow am able to fit 285 tyres, then lowering the car via springs will reduce clearance and will be tricky/not possible. The sway bar route will have to be the likely option. And 'suck it up' with not having the visual benefits of springs.

Decisions impacting other decisions. Need to plan this carefully!

Quote Originally Posted by GreyGoose_X View Post
    Thanks Tigger. You'll probably remember me asking about wheel sizing (285s) in the other thread. Its related to this question. I want to solve for body roll. But if I somehow am able to fit 285 tyres, then lowering the car via springs will reduce clearance and will be tricky/not possible. The sway bar route will have to be the likely option. And 'suck it up' with not having the visual benefits of springs.

Decisions impacting other decisions. Need to plan this carefully!
    I’d just suggest installing a rear sway bar and see whether this fixes your issues. The stiffer sway bar greatly reduces body roll and improves turn-in.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Users Country Flag
    Random Question, has anyone taken their Post Swaybar / Eibach set up off road to see if it had any negative performance?

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by 99GTT View Post
    Random Question, has anyone taken their Post Swaybar / Eibach set up off road to see if it had any negative performance?
    It seems on the watercooled forums most members seem to go more for "street" style mods. Lowering, larger rims etc.

The vwvortex forums have a lot of info on running all terrains, doing lifts etc. Mostly the American members seem to take their tigs off road and in snow on a more frequent basis! Might be worth checking there!

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Users Country Flag

Cheers!
    Anyone in Brizi happy to share where they got their rear sway bar fitted, and aprox labour times?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9101112 LastLast