Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: Ride/Handling mods

They really are taking the proverbial **** expecting the same bar to be suited to how many cars all of which are different weights, have a different CoG etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Dan_3MPS View Post
    This is the best price I've found so far for the Superpro bar and end links
    SuperPro RC0052RZ-24KIT Sway Bar H/Duty 2-Point Blade Adj + Link Kit 24mm - Rear (inc A3/Golf Mk7)
    I got mine from Sparesbox on 20% off sale. I think it ended up being $313 + $12.95 delivery so $326 or so.

It's currently full price but they regularly have sales: https://www.sparesbox.com.au/part/su...rc0052rz-24kit

Quote Originally Posted by Ozsko View Post
    They really are taking the proverbial **** expecting the same bar to be suited to how many cars all of which are different weights, have a different CoG etc.
    Likely the manufacturer uses the same sway bar on multiple vehicles so makes sense that the aftermarket manufacturers would do the same. That's the whole idea behind these common platform cars is that you have the same parts underneath and just different body panels. It saves significant cost in R&D.

2017 Tiguan Sportline - Tigger73's 162TSI Sportline

2016 Scirocco R, stage 1, 205kwaw (sold) - Tigger73's Scirocco R Build
    2013 Tiguan 155TSI, stage 1, 144kwaw (sold) - Tigger73's 155TSI Build
    2011 Tiguan 125TSI, Stage 2+, 152kwaw (sold)
    - Tigger73's 125TSI Build

Users Country Flag
    Hey all,

Is there any other lowering spring options out there besides H&R or Eibach? Would like something a bit more lower than the 30mm drop and specifically for the Tig. I had a look at golf r/s3 oem springs which seem to be popular in the US, they probably are the perfect lowered height but the front and rear load ratings are close to 100-200kg in difference from the Tig to the Golf R.

The coilover options (H&R, ST, KW, Solowerks) are pretty exxy as well ($3k+)as you’ll need to pay extra to have it DDC compatible or even the delete kits you have to pay extra.

Has anyone tried the KW/ST Height Adjustable Spring kit? Cost around $1k, front lowers 45mm max and rears 65mm max. DDC is retained
    Last edited by cheung1; 09-09-2020 at 12:25 AM.

Whadjuk, Kwoppa Keppa / Fremantle Western Australia
    hey have a 30% special at the moment,
    but doesnt include that bar package
    2018 Tiguan Allspace TDI DAP+S&V
    2010 Mazda RX8 GT

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by cheung1 View Post
    Hey all,

Is there any other lowering spring options out there besides H&R or Eibach? Would like something a bit more lower than the 30mm drop and specifically for the Tig. I had a look at golf r/s3 oem springs which seem to be popular in the US, they probably are the perfect lowered height but the front and rear load ratings are close to 100-200kg in difference from the Tig to the Golf R.

The coilover options (H&R, ST, KW, Solowerks) are pretty exxy as well ($3k+)as you’ll need to pay extra to have it DDC compatible or even the delete kits you have to pay extra.

Has anyone tried the KW/ST Height Adjustable Spring kit? Cost around $1k, front lowers 45mm max and rears 65mm max. DDC is retained
    haven't heard anything about the adjustable springs, but let us know how you go. i'd question its comfort once you start going lower than 30mm - imagine it may get pretty stiff.

as a side note, if you're planning on upgrading your wheels, you could always go 21/22" to fill up the arches. Best of both worlds (comfort & arch gap loss)

Quote Originally Posted by tigger73 View Post
    Likely the manufacturer uses the same sway bar on multiple vehicles so makes sense that the aftermarket manufacturers would do the same. That's the whole idea behind these common platform cars is that you have the same parts underneath and just different body panels. It saves significant cost in R&D.
    Call me sceptical.

Quote Originally Posted by tigger73 View Post
    I got mine from Sparesbox on 20% off sale. I think it ended up being $313 + $12.95 delivery so $326 or so.

It's currently full price but they regularly have sales: SuperPro Rear 24mm Adjustable Swaybar & Link Kit Fits Audi VW RC0052RZ-24KIT | Sparesbox
    Just grabbed the Superpro 24mm sway bar by itself for $212 from Sparesbox. The kit with the end links included is still priced near $400. Figured as I’m not lowered and will be using the soft setting on the sway bar I’ll be ok without the replacement end links for now.

SuperPro Rear 24mm Adjustable Swaybar Fits Audi VW RC0052RZ-24 | Sparesbox

ECS Tuning have some chassis braces that fit mqb vehicles. Doesn't specify the Tiguan but I imagine it would have the same mounting points as the golf r.

ECS - 020825ECS01-02 - Rear Chassis Brace Set - Wrinkle Red Powdercoat

This could be another mod to help with body roll for the people that are more after the hot hatch feel for their Tiguan rather than the big boat it is in terms of handling.

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by Hotlad View Post
    ECS Tuning have some chassis braces that fit mqb vehicles. Doesn't specify the Tiguan but I imagine it would have the same mounting points as the golf r.

This could be another mod to help with body roll for the people that are more after the hot hatch feel for their Tiguan rather than the big boat it is in terms of handling.
    This would be worth a try
    Tiguan Gen2 162TSI Etuners IS38 Stage 3 238.6 kw@4 wheels

Quote Originally Posted by Hotlad View Post

I think I'd only look at this mod after installing the rear sway bar. It's a lot more intrusive having it in the rear of the car. And a pain if you want to lie the seats flat to fit in a load of any description.

2017 Tiguan Sportline - Tigger73's 162TSI Sportline

2016 Scirocco R, stage 1, 205kwaw (sold) - Tigger73's Scirocco R Build
    2013 Tiguan 155TSI, stage 1, 144kwaw (sold) - Tigger73's 155TSI Build
    2011 Tiguan 125TSI, Stage 2+, 152kwaw (sold)
    - Tigger73's 125TSI Build

Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast