Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Ride/Handling mods

Users Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Beedub View Post
    Unfortunately the manufacturers won't tell you it will fit because they haven't tested it, so I ended up talking to a mechanic who had fitted the 034 to another Tiguan.

Link for details of the 034 below.

[URL]https://www.autoinstruct.com.au/product/034-motorsport-adjustable-solid-rear-sway-bar-vw-mk7-golf-r-audi-8v-a3s3-quattro//URL]
    Thats the one I have. I took Beedub's advice from another thread and the 034 swaybar fit my Tiguan perfectly.
    2018 VW Tiguan 162 TSI Sportline
    APR Stage 3 ECU tune, TVS Stage 2+ TCU tune, IS38 Rev F turbo, APR intercooler, APR dump pipe, Racingline intake kit & 034 rear swaybar.
    XForce Varex muffler & controller on the way.

Quote Originally Posted by Beedub View Post
    There aren't any specifically for the Tiguan. A sway bar for the Golf R Mk7 should fit (the GTI is different) thanks to the commonality of the MQB platform in both cars.
    I've got a rear sway bar from 034 Motorsport that is marketed at the Golf R.
    Unfortunately the manufacturers won't tell you it will fit because they haven't tested it, so I ended up talking to a mechanic who had fitted the 034 to another Tiguan.

Link for details of the 034 below.

[URL]https://www.autoinstruct.com.au/product/034-motorsport-adjustable-solid-rear-sway-bar-vw-mk7-golf-r-audi-8v-a3s3-quattro//URL]

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk
    Thanks, yes I saw the 034 product. Unfortunately $500 plus freight for a sway bar is extortionate in my opinion. I'll wait a while longer for Superpro to get their act together.

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by Entheos View Post
    Well, swaybar is on (along with other goodies). Review . . . .

What a difference to the handling. Upsides. The ride in sports mode seems a little less harsh (who would have thought), but best of all the body roll is mostly gone. Immediately noticeable.

On a favourite corner of mine, turn in is still a little rubbish (especially as I have a tendency to enter corners too quickly), but put the power down and I could feel the back of the car skipping out just a little and the front tucking in. No snap oversteer - nicely controlled. There is still body roll, but nothing like beforehand.

Downsides. Its really minor. The rear appears to be slightly higher with the swaybar in. It is hardly noticeable but there. It give the car a slight nose down stance - personally I like it.

Based upon this, I probably won't put the Eibach springs in anytime soon. This is a must have install - its still an SUV and no sports car, but this is how the car should have come from the factory. Massive improvement.
    If you want more turn in try toeing out the front wheels 1 mm per side (commonly they are toed in 2+ mm per side) and the rear 2 mm tow out each side (commonly they are 3+ mm toed in). That's an inexpensive and quick wheel alignment adjustment using the standard adjusters. Not as low a cost, but best mod for turn in is more caster, check around for a kit around that increases that gives more positive caster, plus there will be fitting costs if you can't DIY.

Cheers
    Gary
    Golf Mk7.5 R, Volvo S60 Polestar, Skyline R32GTST

Users Country Flag
    034Motorsport Adjustable Solid Rear Sway Bar (034Motorsport Adjustable Rear Sway Bar – MK7 / 8V – AutoInstruct)

Expensive, but worth it.
    Which setting is your rear bar on?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Users Country Flag
    Stiffest setting
    APR Stage 3 ECU tune, TVS Stage 2+ TCU tune, IS38 Rev F turbo, APR intercooler, APR dump pipe, Racingline intake kit & 034 rear swaybar.

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by Sydneykid View Post
    If you want more turn in try toeing out the front wheels 1 mm per side (commonly they are toed in 2+ mm per side) and the rear 2 mm tow out each side (commonly they are 3+ mm toed in). That's an inexpensive and quick wheel alignment adjustment using the standard adjusters. Not as low a cost, but best mod for turn in is more caster, check around for a kit around that increases that gives more positive caster, plus there will be fitting costs if you can't DIY.

Cheers
    Gary
    Thanks - will investigate further

Users Country Flag
    Stiffest setting
    Thanks.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Thanks - will investigate further
    Don't buy any caster adjuster that changes the settings with a cam because that also affects camber at the same time and the whole thing becomes a trade off.

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by Ozsko View Post
    Don't buy any caster adjuster that changes the settings with a cam because that also affects camber at the same time and the whole thing becomes a trade off.
    I haven't tried one on Tiguan but on the Golf R the extra 1.5 degrees of caster is worth much more than the loss of 1/4 degree of camber.

Cheers
    Gary
    Golf Mk7.5 R, Volvo S60 Polestar, Skyline R32GTST

I just hate cam based adjusters with a passion you would not believe. It comes from my karting days where they are standard on most karts and I designed a new adjuster that is now sold world wide or used to be because we have not been in karting for some years and I haven't kept up to date.

Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast