Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Ride/Handling mods

Users Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Entheos View Post
    Well, swaybar is on (along with other goodies). Review . . . .

What a difference to the handling. Upsides. The ride in sports mode seems a little less harsh (who would have thought), but best of all the body roll is mostly gone. Immediately noticeable.

On a favourite corner of mine, turn in is still a little rubbish (especially as I have a tendency to enter corners too quickly), but put the power down and I could feel the back of the car skipping out just a little and the front tucking in. No snap oversteer - nicely controlled. There is still body roll, but nothing like beforehand.

Downsides. Its really minor. The rear appears to be slightly higher with the swaybar in. It is hardly noticeable but there. It give the car a slight nose down stance - personally I like it.

Based upon this, I probably won't put the Eibach springs in anytime soon. This is a must have install - its still an SUV and no sports car, but this is how the car should have come from the factory. Massive improvement.
    What I’d be curious to hear about is if you then remove the rear sway, install the Eibach’s, and compare the two.

Users Country Flag Thread Starter
    Well, swaybar is on (along with other goodies). Review . . . .

What a difference to the handling. Upsides. The ride in sports mode seems a little less harsh (who would have thought), but best of all the body roll is mostly gone. Immediately noticeable.

On a favourite corner of mine, turn in is still a little rubbish (especially as I have a tendency to enter corners too quickly), but put the power down and I could feel the back of the car skipping out just a little and the front tucking in. No snap oversteer - nicely controlled. There is still body roll, but nothing like beforehand.

Downsides. Its really minor. The rear appears to be slightly higher with the swaybar in. It is hardly noticeable but there. It give the car a slight nose down stance - personally I like it.

Based upon this, I probably won't put the Eibach springs in anytime soon. This is a must have install - its still an SUV and no sports car, but this is how the car should have come from the factory. Massive improvement.
    Awesome, thanks for the review. Which brand of swaybar did you go for?

2017 Tiguan 162TSI Highline/R-Line
    2017 Audi S3

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by Gladbach View Post
    Awesome, thanks for the review. Which brand of swaybar did you go for?
    034Motorsport Adjustable Solid Rear Sway Bar (034Motorsport Adjustable Rear Sway Bar – MK7 / 8V – AutoInstruct)

Expensive, but worth it.
    2018 VW Tiguan 162 TSI Sportline
    APR Stage 3 ECU tune, TVS Stage 2+ TCU tune, IS38 Rev F turbo, APR intercooler, APR dump pipe, Racingline intake kit & 034 rear swaybar.
    XForce Varex muffler & controller on the way.

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by PDMJO View Post
    What I’d be curious to hear about is if you then remove the rear sway, install the Eibach’s, and compare the two.
    I'd be curious too, but not sure I'm going to do that at this stage. It would be an interesting comparison.
    APR Stage 3 ECU tune, TVS Stage 2+ TCU tune, IS38 Rev F turbo, APR intercooler, APR dump pipe, Racingline intake kit & 034 rear swaybar.

Users Country Flag
    Installed H&R springs, much better ride as I thought it was too floaty in anything other than having the suspensions set to sport all the time.

the 2 inch or so drop make a good visual difference also.

Thinking about doing the rear sway bar next.
    Tiguan Gen2 162TSI Etuners IS38 Stage 3 238.6 kw@4 wheels

Users Country Flag

A sway bar should make no difference to ride height. You are either imagining it or the mechanic has done something wrong. What happens if you disconnect the drop links - does it go to normal height?
    carandimage The place where Off-Topic is On-Topic
    I used to think I was anal-retentive until I started getting involved in car forums

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by brad View Post
    A sway bar should make no difference to ride height. You are either imagining it or the mechanic has done something wrong. What happens if you disconnect the drop links - does it go to normal height?
    Yeah, I know it shouldn't. I didn't measure the gaps beforehand, but it does look a fraction higher at the rear. Perhaps my imagine, perhaps not.

No, the mechanic hasn't done anything wrong - they do lots of VW mod work. I might disconnect the links at some point to doublecheck. Not today though, having too much fun actually using it!

Users Country Flag
    Yeah, I know it shouldn't. I didn't measure the gaps beforehand, but it does look a fraction higher at the rear. Perhaps my imagine, perhaps not.

No, the mechanic hasn't done anything wrong - they do lots of VW mod work. I might disconnect the links at some point to doublecheck. Not today though, having too much fun actually using it!
    It was probably already like that beforehand, you just never noticed.
    Mine definitely sits lower at the front

Are there any local manufacturer options for rear sway bars? Superpro lists them for Golf Mk7 but not Tiguan. Will they fit both models like the USA made Neuspeed one? Query with Superpro direct was fruitless.

Users Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by AxlRose View Post
    Are there any local manufacturer options for rear sway bars? Superpro lists them for Golf Mk7 but not Tiguan. Will they fit both models like the USA made Neuspeed one? Query with Superpro direct was fruitless.
    There aren't any specifically for the Tiguan. A sway bar for the Golf R Mk7 should fit (the GTI is different) thanks to the commonality of the MQB platform in both cars.
    I've got a rear sway bar from 034 Motorsport that is marketed at the Golf R.
    Unfortunately the manufacturers won't tell you it will fit because they haven't tested it, so I ended up talking to a mechanic who had fitted the 034 to another Tiguan.

Link for details of the 034 below.

[URL]https://www.autoinstruct.com.au/product/034-motorsport-adjustable-solid-rear-sway-bar-vw-mk7-golf-r-audi-8v-a3s3-quattro//URL]

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast