Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Reverse camera activation & deactivation

Reverse camera activation & deactivation

Had my new Tiguan (MY19) for a few weeks now. Just wondering if the below is normal behaviour or I have messed with a setting?

I have noticed that when putting the car into reverse the camera doesn’t always activate automatically, most times it does work without issue.

Similarly, when I put the car into reverse, the camera enables automatically then when I change to drive the rear camera stays enabled. Once again most of the time it works without issue and automatically disables.

I have to manually press the Park button (not sure what it’s called) to enable/disable.

Thoughts?

Yes, I know, first world problems.

Users Country Flag
    hmm.. mine always activate when reversing.

Users Country Flag
    Rear camera will stay on in drive until you hit a minimum speed. Same speed the doors lock automatically (I forget how fast that is).
    Tiguan Highline 162TSI | Indium Grey | DAP | MY18

15kmh is factory set speed.

Thanks all. Can confirm that camera turns off once in drive and over 15km/hr as expected.

Will keep an eye out for any further times the reverse camera doesn’t engage automatically properly and see if I can find a pattern.

Cheers

Is there any way to disable the camera when in 'drive'? I find it confusing sometimes when I'm in D and the camera is on making me think I am still reversing. Basically I only want the park pilot on when in reverse. Tried to look through the settings but couldn't find anything relating to this matter. Is this a default feature that cannot be turned off?

Sent from my SM-G988B using Tapatalk

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by austang View Post
    Is there any way to disable the camera when in 'drive'? I find it confusing sometimes when I'm in D and the camera is on making me think I am still reversing. Basically I only want the park pilot on when in reverse. Tried to look through the settings but couldn't find anything relating to this matter. Is this a default feature that cannot be turned off?

Assuming you're unhappy with simply pressing the button to turn off the camera?

I imagine it's set to turn off at certain speeds (rather than which gear) as not everyone reverse-parks, so there are situations in which people would use the cameras to park whilst in Drive.

Users Country Flag
    There is a small X at the top right of the screen you can press, but have to do that each time.
    May 20 - Nov 19 MY20 Tiguan 162 TSI
    May 16 - Apr 16 Mazda 3 Sp25 GT - 2020 hail storm write-off
    May 13 - 2013 Mk7 Golf Highline.
    May 10 - 2009 Falcon G6E with beige leather.

Might be something I have to get use to. Previously owned a MK7 golf and it goes away as soon as you select Drive. All the other cars I've owned in the past was the same.

Users Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by austang View Post

Just hit the park pilot button in the centre console. It toggles it on and off.
    I actually switch mine on manually in 'D' when I park in my garage - it's narrow and I have to avoid shelving close enough for the side mirror to overhang. I use the side mirror camera to track my left front tyre along a tape line on the floor
    Tiguan Highline 162TSI | Indium Grey | DAP | MY18

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast