Thread: Replacement cost for fuel filler cap actuator

Replacement cost for fuel filler cap actuator

Hi guys,
    My almost 4yo Tiguan's fuel filler cap actuator has stopped working for at least 6 months. Have managed to get by as I can pry open the fuel filler lid with my finger but was going to get it sorted at the next service.
    Car is out of warranty. Checked the cost of replacement for this with the VW service centre, advised it would be ~$350 which sounded a bit much.
    Has anyone had theirs replaced and how much did it cost?
    Any suggestions for independent VW service centres in Sydney around the inner West or Shire region?
    Cheers in advance!
    Current:
    2017 Mk2 Tiguan 162TSI, R-line, White
    2020 Mk7.5 Golf R Wagon, White

Users Country Flag
    Try a wrecker
    2021 Kamiq LE 110 , Moon White, BV cameras F & B
    Mamba Ebike to replace Tiguan

Users Country Flag

I recently had this happen in my SQ5. It was still working but was making a straining/grinding sound and the actuation was delayed. I decided it was best to replace it while it was still functioning. Its quite common now that the cars are a few years old. You can do it yourself quite easily and save yourself nearly $300 based on that quote from VW.

The part number and video below are for a Mk7 Golf, the current shape Tiguan may be similar or the same seeing they are based on the same platform/chassis. I would recommend removing your existing actuator to double check the part number before ordering.

New Genuine VOLKSWAGEN GOLF POLO JETTA Fuel Filler Actuator Flap 5C6810773K OEM | eBay

NEW GENUINE VOLKSWAGEN POLO JETTA FUEL FILLER CAP ACTUATOR FLAP 5C6810773K | eBay

Last edited by Lucas_R; 30-07-2021 at 01:11 PM.
    2017 Ford Fiesta ST
    2015 Audi SQ5 bi-turbo V6 TDI family hauler