Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Replacement Black VW Badge for Tiguan - Front and Back?

Users Country Flag

Replacement Black VW Badge for Tiguan - Front and Back?

Just putting this one out there to see if anyone knows how to achieve it.

Googling hasn't been productive in my quest to date.

It appears very popular with other VW models and I wouldn't mind doing it to my wolfy.

Users Country Flag
    Think you will struggle to find anything for the front badge as there is a camera behind it for the front assist systems which is why that badge is partially transparent.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Current Ride: 2019 CUPRA Ateca in Energy Blue with Bucket Seats

Users Country Flag
    I saw a Tig with one last week. The front had the chrome blacked out and it had a black VW badge. Looked quite nice. Not sure how they got around what NZ_GolfR describes.

2017 Tiguan 162TSI Highline/R-Line
    2017 Audi S3

Users Country Flag
    Black Vinyl wrapped the badges can be done.
    Tiguan Gen2 162TSI Etuners IS38 Stage 3 238.6 kw@4 wheels

Users Country Flag
    Could also plasti-dip the rear badge

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by NZ_GolfR View Post
    Think you will struggle to find anything for the front badge as there is a camera behind it for the front assist systems which is why that badge is partially transparent.
    Is it a camera or the radar module - (camera infant of rear view mirror up on the windscreen?)

Maybe that car doesn't have the radar which I presume is for the ACC and AEB?
    2018 Allspace 162TSI R Line

Plastidip badge

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Users Country Flag
    Hey Gladbach, that might have been me! I made the costly mistake of just swapping the badge with a black Golf MK7.5 from EBay which I was told would work. It worked for a few days & than I started to get an ACC error intermittently which also stopped cruise control from working. Then the error remained on permanently. I had to take the car back to VW & they said that the ACC sensor behind the badge needed to be re-calibrated & the cause was due to the badge. $560 later!!! I have now found the correct badge from EBay in Germany & have been driving with it for over 1 month with no issues. The rear badge you can get the Golf MK7. I actually have a spare one if anyone is interested?

Here is the link for the front badge: VW Zeichen Schwarz Vorne Tiguan 2 AD1 ACC foliert Emblem R-Line Allspace 4Motion | eBay

I wouldn't recommend wrapping or messing with the OEM badge as it could potentially throw out the calibration of the sensor & cost you. They said that even a slight bump on the bumper is enough to throw out the calibration.

I will try and upload some pics when I get a chance if you guys like.

Quote Originally Posted by Gladbach View Post
    I saw a Tig with one last week. The front had the chrome blacked out and it had a black VW badge. Looked quite nice. Not sure how they got around what NZ_GolfR describes.
    MY18 Tiguan 162TSI, Deep Black Pearl, R-Line, Sunroof, DAP | Ordered 6th Jan 17 | Delivered Nov 17

Users Country Flag
    $300!

WOW. Is the radar built into the badge or sits behind it - the pics in the eBay link make it look like the badge assembly is solid (not transparent) so I assume the radar module is in that assembly, justifying the $300 price?
    2018 Allspace 162TSI R Line

Users Country Flag

Hey iDiesel,

There is a module that sits behind the badge. The backing of the badge is solid, which has a rubbery circle on the back at the top right and on the front side it has a little hole where the rubbery circle is located. When you separate the back from the front piece, the VW emblem is see through - so this is why wrapping or plasti dipping will effect the radar. Here are pics which will hopefully make it clearer.

Replacement Black VW Badge for Tiguan - Front and Back?-20190407_081407[1]-jpgReplacement Black VW Badge for Tiguan - Front and Back?-20190407_081354[1]-jpg

Replacement Black VW Badge for Tiguan - Front and Back?-20190407_081311[1]-jpgReplacement Black VW Badge for Tiguan - Front and Back?-20190407_081146[1]-jpg

Hope the pictures are clear & I am making sense!

Quote Originally Posted by iDiesel View Post
    $300!

WOW. Is the radar built into the badge or sits behind it - the pics in the eBay link make it look like the badge assembly is solid (not transparent) so I assume the radar module is in that assembly, justifying the $300 price?
    MY18 Tiguan 162TSI, Deep Black Pearl, R-Line, Sunroof, DAP | Ordered 6th Jan 17 | Delivered Nov 17

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast