Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Replacement Black VW Badge for Tiguan - Front and Back?

Users Country Flag

Hi All, how easy is it to remove/replace the front badge. I was getting front assist errors, vw said there a lots of stone chips and if it keeps happening to replace the badge but they would need to remove all the bumpers and grill etc to fix it and quoted around $1k to do it.
    MY18.5 Tiguan 162TSI RLine

Users Country Flag
    Wow, that's costly.
    Is the badge it self badly stone chipped?
    I would think it's just a "see through" cover that would be a few bucks to replace...if it could come apart easily rather than replacing the whole unit.
    2018 Allspace 162TSI R Line

Users Country Flag
    Hi Idiesel, yes just the badge chipped causing the issue as advised by VW dealer service in Victoria. I actually gave the badge a light run over with cut and polish and then one of those ceramic coating sprays and so far it has not done it (been 6 months). Tried to see if there was any easy way to remove the badge so I could replace the badge only but no luck so far. There are small stone chips on the bumper and some of the front bumper mounted sensors but they don't seem to have an issue at the moment. I do a bit of regional VIC driving for work so drive at speeds up to 110K where stone flicks are more damaging I suppose.
    MY18.5 Tiguan 162TSI RLine

Users Country Flag

I wonder if you can get a clear wrap that can cover the badge to help protect it a bit - kinda like a bonnet protector but for the badge.
    2018 Allspace 162TSI R Line

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345