Results 1 to 7 of 7

Thread: Remote Start VW Tiguan

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    Brisbane, QLD
    Posts
    75
    Users Country Flag

    Remote Start VW Tiguan

    Hey guys, I have a 2017 VW Tiguan. I'm wondering if remote start is possible as an aftermarket feature however I have seen OEM plugin modules to introduce remote start to the Tiguans but this only appears to be from 2018 onwards.

    Volkswagen Tiguan Remote Start Kit - 3CN065760 - Genuine Volkswagen Accessory

    Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Newcastle
    Posts
    4,614
    Users Country Flag
    I know remote starts are a big thing in America and parts of Europe due to their cold winters, but its not really a thing in Aust. Regardless, im sure it can be done if thats what you want.

    I dont recall anyone on here having spoken about it before so you might be the guinea pig. Perhaps have a chat to Euro Car Upgrades up in Maroochydore who do a lot of accessory fitting etc on Euro cars.

    Euro Car Performance upgrades - ECU remaps - Navigation - Bluetooth - Latest Australia GPS maps - Auto electrics
    2015 Mk7 GTI Performance
    2015 Audi SQ5 bi-turbo V6 TDI family hauler

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Pacific Paradise QLD
    Posts
    6,290
    Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by Lucas_R View Post
    I know remote starts are a big thing in America and parts of Europe due to their cold winters, but its not really a thing in Aust. Regardless, im sure it can be done if thats what you want.

    I dont recall anyone on here having spoken about it before so you might be the guinea pig. Perhaps have a chat to Euro Car Upgrades up in Maroochydore who do a lot of accessory fitting etc on Euro cars.

    Euro Car Performance upgrades - ECU remaps - Navigation - Bluetooth - Latest Australia GPS maps - Auto electrics
    Have a car in there atm so will ask when Im there tomorrow.. Dont forget it is illegal to have a car running and be more than 3m from it At least in QLD anyway.

    In saying that i had a turbo timer on my Cruiser and walked away with it on and a cop parked beside me and didnt say anything
    2019 Tiguan 162 R line with DAP & Sound & Vision .White
    Front cam Blackvue 750S and Rear Blackvue DR590-HD.
    Coming in AUG 2021 Kamiq LE Moon White
    2010 Polo 77TSI Flash Red, SOLD

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    Brisbane, QLD
    Posts
    75
    Users Country Flag Thread Starter
    Yeah tbh since getting the Stage II APR tune done and getting the TCU tuned as well I've found the car a bit jerky and unrefined until it warms up. This would be to fix that issue by remotely starting it to warm it up.

    Hmm I'll have to give them a call!

    Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    Brisbane, QLD
    Posts
    75
    Users Country Flag Thread Starter
    Quote Originally Posted by Hillbilly View Post
    Have a car in there atm so will ask when Im there tomorrow.. Dont forget it is illegal to have a car running and be more than 3m from it At least in QLD anyway.

    In saying that i had a turbo timer on my Cruiser and walked away with it on and a cop parked beside me and didnt say anything
    Oh this would just be in the mornings at my house haha

    Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Pacific Paradise QLD
    Posts
    6,290
    Users Country Flag
    I asked at ECA today and no they havent got away of doing it without looking on the net just like we can.
    2019 Tiguan 162 R line with DAP & Sound & Vision .White
    Front cam Blackvue 750S and Rear Blackvue DR590-HD.
    Coming in AUG 2021 Kamiq LE Moon White
    2010 Polo 77TSI Flash Red, SOLD

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Mar 2021
    Location
    Reedy Creek, QLD
    Posts
    1
    Users Country Flag

    Quote Originally Posted by LaNOS View Post
    Hey guys, I have a 2017 VW Tiguan. I'm wondering if remote start is possible as an aftermarket feature however I have seen OEM plugin modules to introduce remote start to the Tiguans but this only appears to be from 2018 onwards.

    Volkswagen Tiguan Remote Start Kit - 3CN065760 - Genuine Volkswagen Accessory
    Did you install the remote start kit? I’m interested in doing this to my Tiguan

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
| |