Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Rear wiper blade options

Rear wiper blade options

Is there an alternative to the VW part?

My dealer has no stock.
    Using SCA/Autobarn websites suggests there isn’t one among their suppliers.

Bosch make one, but it doesn’t look to be available in Australia.

I’m sick of replacing mine every few months, so am hoping I can find a better option to the factory one. My dealer says that many customers complain of this problem (shuddering) but it’s not warranty.

Users Country Flag
    Does it shudder always, or only on the first wipe? My alltrack shudders on the first wipe, but then it isn’t alone in that regard - most wagons I’ve owned have been the same.
    Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by Simonr23 View Post

My dealer has no stock.

I’m sick of replacing mine every few months, so am hoping I can find a better option to the factory one. My dealer says that many customers complain of this problem (shuddering) but it’s not warranty.
    Have you tried a clay bar on your back window? You might be surprised how much sticky gunk adheres to the glass affecting the performance of your wiper.

Users Country Flag
    This one suits the current model Tiguan: Valeo Silencio Wiper Blade Rear VR271 574602 | Sparesbox

As mentioned above, might be a good idea to clay bar your rear window and give it a polish, hatchbacks/wagons/SUV's with the flat back tend to flick up tar and fallout which settles on the rear hatch and window, and this may be contributing to your problem with the shuddering and also wearing out the wipers quickly.
    Last edited by Lucas_R; 29-05-2020 at 02:32 PM.
    2017 Ford Fiesta ST
    2015 Audi SQ5 bi-turbo V6 TDI family hauler

Thanks for the link Lucas.

This is car specific unfortunately. None of my previous cars (or other cars currently in the family) do this.

I made a post some months back covering off the potential reasons/fixeS- no joy except replacing the wiper blade very frequently.
    Not unique to just my car. May be a build tolerance issue that’s just annoying enough to cause this on some cars, but not be an actual fault?

Cheers.

Users Country Flag

My dealer has no stock.

Try these guys; Volkswagen Tiguan (2016 - 2020) Replacement Wiper Blades

I am at a loss to know why your dealer can't get you one.
    They would be ex-Melbourne or ex-Sydney. Overnight, easy...

I am also confused as to why you would be "replacing mine every few month"?

Are you getting a lot of rain in Adelaide? Even still, is there a reason why you need to use it so often even when it is raining?

The Part Number should be the same across all the models, try this Part No. 3G9955427B
    MY18 VW Passat Alltrack Wolfsburg Edition + Panoramic Sunroof + some extra goodies... (Pure White)
    MY17 ŠKODA Superb 206TSI 4x4 + Sunroof + Tech Pack + Comfort Pack + some extra goodies... (Moon White)

Users Country Flag
    Hi Simonr32,

What's the part number of the Bosch rear wiper?

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

A383H is the Bosch part. Cheers

Users Country Flag
    A383H is the Bosch part. Cheers
    Hopefully they just have the wrong image on this page; OE Specialty Rear Wiper Blades | Bosch Auto Parts
    MY18 VW Passat Alltrack Wolfsburg Edition + Panoramic Sunroof + some extra goodies... (Pure White)
    MY17 ŠKODA Superb 206TSI 4x4 + Sunroof + Tech Pack + Comfort Pack + some extra goodies... (Moon White)

Users Country Flag

Thanks for the link Lucas.

This is car specific unfortunately. None of my previous cars (or other cars currently in the family) do this.

I made a post some months back covering off the potential reasons/fixeS- no joy except replacing the wiper blade very frequently.
    Not unique to just my car. May be a build tolerance issue that’s just annoying enough to cause this on some cars, but not be an actual fault?

Cheers.
    In that case its likely to be an issue with the angle of the wiper arm vs the window or the spring tension on the underside of the wiper arm is too high pushing the blade onto the window too hard.
    2017 Ford Fiesta ST
    2015 Audi SQ5 bi-turbo V6 TDI family hauler

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast