Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Rear Tyres Scrubbing/Haldex Engaging in First Gear

I think it may be the new haldex software but servicing your haldex shouldn’t update/change this.

Most they should do is change the oil and filter.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2017 Tiguan Sportline - Tigger73's 162TSI Sportline

2016 Scirocco R, stage 1, 205kwaw (sold) - Tigger73's Scirocco R Build
    2013 Tiguan 155TSI, stage 1, 144kwaw (sold) - Tigger73's 155TSI Build
    2011 Tiguan 125TSI, Stage 2+, 152kwaw (sold)
    - Tigger73's 125TSI Build

Users Country Flag
    So... An update. Went back to them, they confirmed it was an issue, and offered to drop the fluid and change it over straight away. Apparently their supplier gave them Fuchs specific Haldex fluid, changed it back to whatever the OEM VW stuff was, and the issue disappeared.
    They're an independent rather than a dealer, but it was all resolved quite quickly.
    2012 TDi DSG Tiguan
    2011 TDi DSG Octavia Wagon

That’s interesting.... not sure if it’s the same issue I’m having in the gen2 or if it’s how the programming HD been done.

2017 Tiguan Sportline - Tigger73's 162TSI Sportline

2016 Scirocco R, stage 1, 205kwaw (sold) - Tigger73's Scirocco R Build
    2013 Tiguan 155TSI, stage 1, 144kwaw (sold) - Tigger73's 155TSI Build
    2011 Tiguan 125TSI, Stage 2+, 152kwaw (sold)
    - Tigger73's 125TSI Build

Quote Originally Posted by Simonr23 View Post
    My diesel Allspace has the same strange noise and feeling at low revs, medium engine load, up to about 40kph. After that it gets drowned out by engine noise.

The loan Petrol Tiguan I have, has it worse, with the accompanying tire scrub and at any speed(coz the engine is quieter. I can play it as an instrument with the throttle. Most noticeable in the 1400-1900rpm range. All gears and speeds.

Bad impression, that’s for sure. For me and my passengers. It sounds terrible and is not good for the driveline, having it binding up like that.
    I might be hearing the same noise. It happens on light to medium acceleration throughout all gears as long as it’s around 2000rpm and after that it probably gets masked by other noises. I just wondered how you’d describe the noise if you still recall. Even feathering the accelerator could reproduce this noise in a quiet environment.

Edit: My passengers can’t notice the noise so far even if I pinpoint it when it happens so it’s not that prominent overall to non-VAG trained ears.
    Last edited by vdubbed12; 27-06-2020 at 05:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by tigger73 View Post
    When turning corners from a stationary start (first gear), it feels/sounds like the transmission is binding up similar to a 4WD diff lock. I'm getting noises from the rear diff and on some occasions scrubbing sounds from tyres.

I'm getting the dealer to take a look at it as it doesn't feel right. Just wondering if anyone else has experienced a similar issue.
    Is the noise reproduced only when turning left to full or close to full lock and not so much when turning right?

Edit: The noise is there on turning right as well from standstill. I realised it’s the same type of noise I hear on accelerating in a straight line in all gears under 2000rpm especially when engine is warmed up. Maybe I need to post a new thread on noises.

Last edited by vdubbed12; 29-06-2020 at 02:03 PM.

Grating Noise is prominent when slowing down and left turning.

VW UK have confirmed the grating noise is definately DSG related. Some Euro VAG owner forums, in particular Skoda Kodiaq believe the grating noise is related to DSG mount and DMF, but some owners after replacement have declared continuation of same noise issue.

My belief is the input shaft bearings are the root cause but again VW will not investigate most probably for fear of opening a can of worms as was the case in China where nearly 400,000 DSG equipped VW's were recalled in 2013

Hey all,
    I'm having this scrubbing sound also and unable to figure it out. Recently changed haldex oil and filter. Searched everywhere but no one appears to know why it's happening

Users Country Flag

I've recently bought a 2017 162tsi experienced same issue as Tigger only at low speeds from stop or barely rolling turning left at t intersection get noise from I assume rear diff (reminds me of my LSD locking up in my BMW)

Rear tyre wear is fine still the originals at 49k Kay's plenty of tread on the rear.

I'd recently done haldex service fluid was clear & the filter screen had next to no gunk on it and it didn't alleviate the issue at all...

Any advice guys or this was never resolved?

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345