Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Rear Dash Cam Installation

Users Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by garthr View Post
    Hey guys, great tips in this thread.

I am having some issues in getting past the b pillar. I am pushing up in the headlining and trying to run the wire, but there is just zero room. refer to step 8 in this link . Although that is a golf tutorial, I am assuming running that wire is the same.

I would be hugely grateful to anyone that could share the way they ran the wire for the read cam past the b pillar

Many thanks!
    A sensible idea is NOT to run it along the roof or you will wear it if the side curtain airbag goes off. Do as I do and run it along the floor under the door trims and up into the back corner.

When taking the bottom of the wiggle tube just lever the inner end (under the tube) inwards a bit and you will see where it lifts out.. I use two seperate cameras so I only had to run a twinflex to the rear quarter and the original camera cable from there to the camera. If you are using body tools you should be able to get one down behind top of B pillar trim and just feed the cable in as you slide it along from one side to the other

What camera are u fitting. Hope fully not DOD like the OP
    Last edited by Hillbilly; 12-07-2021 at 03:22 PM.
    2021 Kamiq LE 110 , Moon White, BV cameras F & B
    Mamba Ebike to replace Tiguan

Thanks for the guide. Having done front and back hard wiring in my previous car myself I thought of giving a try with Tiguan as well. Referred the site but sadly I had lot of trouble going past the A pillar and being not able to slide off the pillar from the metal clips, I decided to go with one of my nearby autobarn fitters. Was really surprised at the very affordable price they quoted (I had all parts including fuse taps and hard wire kit with voltage controller) and was easy as. They’d done it in less than 2 hrs while I was shopping in nearby shopping centre and no dramas.

Happy days!

Users Country Flag

2021 Kamiq LE 110 , Moon White, BV cameras F & B
    Mamba Ebike to replace Tiguan

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12