Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: R-Line High Beam

Users Country Flag

Thank Glad, thats nice , ill order it soon and ask you how ...hehe ...

Users Country Flag Thread Starter
    Thanks for that NZ_GolfR - very helpful.
    My only concern is coding the Central Electrics module Byte 2 using VCDS, as I have no reference of what to go back to should something go wrong - see my post about showing all zeros.
    Does OBDeleven show the coding for that module?
    Is your module the same part number (5Q0 937 084 CF)?
    Cheers

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by Gladbach View Post
    Yes, there's a backup function with OBDEleven.
    It also keeps a history of all your changes so you can easily see what you have done to then go back and undo the changes. Or in my case see the changes made so I can then write up the details for everyone here without having to sit in my car (my wife already looks at me funny for the amount of time I spend in my car without going anywhere R-Line High Beam)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Current Ride: 2019 CUPRA Ateca in Energy Blue with Bucket Seats

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by SNOBUM View Post
    Thanks for that NZ_GolfR - very helpful.
    My only concern is coding the Central Electrics module Byte 2 using VCDS, as I have no reference of what to go back to should something go wrong - see my post about showing all zeros.
    Does OBDeleven show the coding for that module?
    Is your module the same part number (5Q0 937 084 CF)?
    Cheers
    In Central Electroincs module Byte 2 was set to Hex0 (all bits set to 0) on mine so I just changed it to Hex3 by turning on Bit 0 and Bit 1.

Users Country Flag
    Thank you NZR -- I like .......hehe

Users Country Flag Thread Starter
    Thanks for everyone's help - I have got High Beam Assist to work a treat!

I followed NZ_GolfR instructions, however I found that I did not need to code Byte 2 on my BCM (09) module - just left it as found - just adjusted adaptations as per instructions and coded A5 Byte 21.

Have not been able to find the speed adaptation as yet, so it activates at about 65kmh at the moment. Does not appear to be in module A5, but probably in 09.

Quote Originally Posted by SNOBUM View Post
    Thanks for everyone's help - I have got High Beam Assist to work a treat!

I followed NZ_GolfR instructions, however I found that I did not need to code Byte 2 on my BCM (09) module - just left it as found - just adjusted adaptations as per instructions and coded A5 Byte 21.

Have not been able to find the speed adaptation as yet, so it activates at about 65kmh at the moment. Does not appear to be in module A5, but probably in 09.
    I have done the module 09 adaption, but i couldn't find any module A5 in my VCDS.
    So i tested to skip module A5 and it does show light assist in my infotainment and at AID, but one activate is say Failed Light assist.

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by artful View Post
    I have done the module 09 adaption, but i couldn't find any module A5 in my VCDS.
    So i tested to skip module A5 and it does show light assist in my infotainment and at AID, but one activate is say Failed Light assist.
    Module A5 is "Front Sensor Driver Assistance" which controls the camera in the front it uses to dip the headlights as well as Adaptive Cruise Control. Depending on the model you have you might not have this camera so therefore won't be able to code this option.

Quote Originally Posted by NZ_GolfR View Post
    Module A5 is "Front Sensor Driver Assistance" which controls the camera in the front it uses to dip the headlights as well as Adaptive Cruise Control. Depending on the model you have you might not have this camera so therefore won't be able to code this option.

Thanks NZ_GolfR for your prompt reply, Oh dang my model doesn't come with front camera.

Users Country Flag

Artful what model do you have.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast