Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Power Tailgate Issues

Users Country Flag Thread Starter

I ran it up to the dealer, they tried most of the solutions here. No result, so have booked it in for warranty.

They said it could be software, or a multitude of electrics that could be the issue. so best to get it in there and have a look.
    Supposedly the resetting beeps i was hearing when holding down the button are not the correct beeps either.

Thanks again for everyone's suggestions. Will update once it's been sorted.

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by bahgoogen View Post
    I ran it up to the dealer, they tried most of the solutions here. No result, so have booked it in for warranty.

They said it could be software, or a multitude of electrics that could be the issue. so best to get it in there and have a look.
    Supposedly the resetting beeps i was hearing when holding down the button are not the correct beeps either.

Thanks again for everyone's suggestions. Will update once it's been sorted.

Hi Bahgoogen

I'm having very similar issues - did you get anywhere in fixing it and can you please share what they did to the car please?

cheers
    Ed

Hi Ed,

They ended up replacing the tailgate latch mechanism. Had to order the part from Sydney (I’m in Melbourne) and I took the car back to get it swapped out.
    All good so far.... but I’d hate to have that happen when it’s out of warranty. Hopefully you’re still in yours!

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by bahgoogen View Post
    Hi Ed,

They ended up replacing the tailgate latch mechanism. Had to order the part from Sydney (I’m in Melbourne) and I took the car back to get it swapped out.
    All good so far.... but I’d hate to have that happen when it’s out of warranty. Hopefully you’re still in yours!
    Thanks for the reply bahgoogen
    Do you mean one of these? Unfortunately mine is out of warranty

Was the reason behind the replacement that of the latch not sending an open signal to the push button like someone mentioned above?

I trust it has been working OK for a while now?

Thanks very much
    Cheers
    Ed

Hi Ed,

I’m not 100% sure how they diagnosed the latch to be the issue. I know they tried every reset they could including full electrical reset of the car. But to no avail.

My problem was that the tailgate was opening no problem when any of the open buttons were pressed. It just was only opening about a quarter of the way and the stopping. Each subsequent press opened it a little more.

I presume the part that you pictured is the latch that they replaced. How that effects the door from only opening part way, I’m not too sure, as that seemingly just controls the latching on closing and opening.

Sorry I can’t be of much more help.
    It has been fine since being replaced in November.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12