Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Paint Protection

As others have said, DONT get "stealership" paint protection. Cars are very rarely prepared properly before its applied and its absolutely overpriced. Understandably with low margins on new cars, thats how they make profit, and trust me, its a huge mark up on what they actually pay the detailers that apply it.

Users Country Flag
    Good choice, exactly what I have on order as well! What colour did you end up going for?

2017 Tiguan 162TSI Highline/R-Line
    2017 Audi S3

Users Country Flag Thread Starter
    My color is Tungsten silver. I love oryx white, unfortunately it was not on the list, next is indium grey however in order not to make trouble for me at night, we chose the this color. I had the black car color and had accident few years a go, and the lady who was reversed back into my front told me that because your car was too dark. Haha. Good lesson.

very nice. Get a few quotes from some reputable and well regarded detailers. Depending on how much time you want to spend detailing your own car, there a few options out there for coatings that are not only durable, but offer considerable added protections to the cars clear coat

Users Country Flag Thread Starter
    haha ...on that day, after knowing the protection price i said, Audi 5 years ago charged about 1300? The sale person quickly hit back to me "it was 5 years aleady, it such a long time, 5 years ....."" ....hehe

Omg please don't succumb to this scam. It's just another one of those "rust protection" scams. There is no way that shedding $2600 for an overtop coat can be justified - ask them to show you the product invoice cost and the labour time involved. It won't even account for a third of that cost.

For $2600 you can have your car detailed in and out several times, professionally, elsewhere. Tell them that!

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by Gladbach View Post
    My recommendation is not to bother with paint protection, not even after market.
    When I think after-market I am thinking a ceramic coating which is absolutely worth the investment (and is why good detailers in the industry have a backlog of business). A good job will take 1-2 days including correction, there is good reason for it.

However I'd agree if you're talking about a fancy wax job.. do it yourself.

--- FS: 2016 Golf GTI 40 years, white, DSG, 18,xxxkm -------------------------------------------------------------------
    2019 Audi SQ5 | 2016 Golf GTI CS + OZ UL HLTs | Retired: 2018 Audi RS3 sportback + OZ Leggera HLTs
    2017 Golf R Wolfsburg Sportwagen | 2016 BMW 340i + M-Performance tune/exhaust | 2015 Audi S3 sedan
    2014 Golf GTI + OZ Leggera HLTs | 2012 Polo 77TSI (hers) | 2010 Golf GTI Stage 2 + OZ ST LMs

Quote Originally Posted by Dutch77 View Post
    When I think after-market I am thinking a ceramic coating which is absolutely worth the investment (and is why good detailers in the industry have a backlog of business). A good job will take 1-2 days including correction, there is good reason for it.

However I'd agree if you're talking about a fancy wax job.. do it yourself.
    +1. Couldnt agree more

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12