Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Tiguan Boot Dimensions

Tiguan Boot Dimensions

Hi all,

My wife and I put an order in for a Tiguan Life MY22 back in August 2021, with expected delivery around March. We’ve recently been updated that delivery may not be until June 2022, which is just after the birth of our first child (that’s another fight we have to take up with the dealer…)

Unfortunately, this leaves us in the position where we’ll be looking to buy a pram without a car boot to test for size.

If possible, can someone measure the dimensions in cm of a recent Tiguan’s boot with the seats in the regular position and the adjustable floor in both positions?

Also, does anybody know the angle of the rear seats when in the regular position?

This would save me (and more importantly my pregnant wife) a lot of stress!

Thanks,
    Nick

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by Nicktommo View Post
    Hi all,

My wife and I put an order in for a Tiguan Life MY22 back in August 2021, with expected delivery around March. We’ve recently been updated that delivery may not be until June 2022, which is just after the birth of our first child (that’s another fight we have to take up with the dealer…)

Unfortunately, this leaves us in the position where we’ll be looking to buy a pram without a car boot to test for size.

If possible, can someone measure the dimensions in cm of a recent Tiguan’s boot with the seats in the regular position and the adjustable floor in both positions?

Also, does anybody know the angle of the rear seats when in the regular position?

Thanks,
    Nick
    Is it a 5 or 7 seater

Is hardly the dealers fault so why blame him.He just gets the cars allocated to him after they have been built. Due to supply problems for parts and electronics, delays are happening across most makes at the moment
    Last edited by Hillbilly; 26-12-2021 at 11:29 AM.
    2021 Kamiq LE 110 , Moon White, BV cameras F & B
    Mamba Ebike to replace Tiguan

Thanks for the reply. Ours is the 5 seater. I don’t think the Tiguan Life comes in 7? Unless you’re thinking of the Allspace.

Yes true, but it’s definitely their job to agree to contracts. We had it written in the contract for 9 month delivery, which will be outside that. Either way we will need a vehicle with appropriate child restraint fixings so hoping they can give us a loan car for a few weeks.

Users Country Flag
    Thanks for the reply. Ours is the 5 seater. I don’t think the Tiguan Life comes in 7? Unless you’re thinking of the Allspace.

Yes true, but it’s definitely their job to agree to contracts. We had it written in the contract for 9 month delivery, which will be outside that. Either way we will need a vehicle with appropriate child restraint fixings so hoping they can give us a loan car for a few weeks.
    So what do you expect the dealer to do Go to Germany and drive one home for you.. He cant deliver a car if the factory arent building them can he. They stopped production on some models because of chip issues and Skoda did the same.

Jeez I dont know, you expect them to do things that are out of their control. Probably when you signed the contract 9 months seemed doable but in case you arent aware there is a pandemic world wide affecting supply of almost everything.

Dealer might say what my Skoda one did when I growled about specs changing after contract signed. He said"if you dont want it Im happy to cancel the contract as I have buyers waiting for one who arent growling about things".

Doubtless there will be a get out of Jail clause for him in the contract as well.

Hopefully you didnt buy a diesel as then you wont be able to run it as no Adblue by delivery time.

Only thing not delayed is the baby I guess.

As car is delayed you will have lots of time to take a tape measure down to the dealers and have a play in the boot of a demo model.
    Saves us pulling floors out and seats all over the place.
    Just remember to measure the distance between top of seat and inside of taildoor as have seen a few windows broken when someone slammed the door shut and edge of the load blew the window out because they didnt allow for slope of the door
    Last edited by Hillbilly; 26-12-2021 at 05:52 PM.

Users Country Flag
    https://www.volkswagen.co.uk/files/l...dimensions.pdf

its a start. I'd buy the pram and go to the local dealer and do the trial run loading up the demo car as Hillbilly suggested.

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by tek199 View Post
    https://www.volkswagen.co.uk/files/l...dimensions.pdf

its a start. I'd buy the pram and go to the local dealer and do the trial run loading up the demo car as Hillbilly suggested.
    Looked at that and the depth of the boot is only that distance up to the belt line as door leans in as I said A Passat or an Octavia wagon is a much more suitable vehicle as my Passat had about 400 mm more length in the boot as does a Tiguan Allspace
    Last edited by Hillbilly; 26-12-2021 at 06:30 PM.

Yep that’s gonna be the plan anyway! Or ask if we can borrow a demo for an hour or so once we’ve got a shortlist. Was just hoping someone here might have been able to help us rule out anything glaringly oversized.

We’re by no means planning on cancelling the contract, or getting into a stouche with them. We’re very aware it’s a sellers market right now! I was more leaning towards a show of good will for not meeting the terms of the contract.

Thanks for the tip about the taildoor too!

Users Country Flag
    Yep that’s gonna be the plan anyway! Or ask if we can borrow a demo for an hour or so once we’ve got a shortlist. Was just hoping someone here might have been able to help us rule out anything glaringly oversized.

We’re by no means planning on cancelling the contract, or getting into a stouche with them. We’re very aware it’s a sellers market right now! I was more leaning towards a show of good will for not meeting the terms of the contract.

Thanks for the tip about the taildoor too!
    Im a bit past knowing pram sizes as my next birthday is my 81st. Read the terms of the contract I bet they have a get out of Jail clause.

Hi all,

Thanks,
    Nick
    Hey Nick....

It's really not that hard bud, what every pram you get, you'll need to remove parcel shelf as a 1st option, then it comes to you on how you pack and stack the pram in the boot.... guys with bigger boots can just shove things in the boot anywhere, as guys with tiggys, we have to be meticulous on how we arrange things in the boot if we want things to fit nicely.
    Given I have gone down this process in the last 3 yrs... I'd do a bee line to the Uppababy range and buy yourself a Uppababy Vista 2, I'd also buy the bassinet stand as a accessory, therefore eliminating the need to buy another bassinet that lives in your bedroom, I wouldn't buy a capsule, just go straight to a britax baby seat, 0-4 yrs old... capsules are a waste of time and newborns aren't recommended to sleep in there for hrs... so the bassinet is way more versatile for you for longevity in your pram.
    Rear facing set up, will in the short term compromise leg room for front passenger, but manageable, as a guide, im 183cm and we work around it by me being the driver for longer drives, where I can retract the seat further back.
    Hope I have covered many topics for you, your initial request was a bit far fetched, wanting 'rake angles on rear seats' internal volume of boot in millimetres, it all means didly squat...

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Hey Nick,

We have a Gen 2 tig (MY18.5) which should be the same and had two little ones when it arrived. Getting a pram that fits should be easier enough, the real issue is fitting in all the other stuff you need (nappy bags, portacots, etc) with the pram. My advice is get the most compact pram that suits your lifestyle and living location and is easy to fold (without needing to remove the basics left in the storage net under). We chose the Bugaboo Bee which is an easy to push pram (pavement), easy fold and small enough to easily fit in the boot. We found it a brilliant pram, well built and a pleasure to use. It could also sit on its side under the parcel shelf with the floor in the lower position. We did make a choice to spend a little more on the baby stuff to be compact (pram and porta cot). In the end that actually made life much easier. More compact usually meant lighter which saved our backs as well. In the end we could fit overnight bags and stuff for two young ones in the boot with careful packing. For the second kid we used a pram skateboard so we didn’t need to get a larger pram. YMMV

Cheers,

Craig

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast