Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Noises in Tiguan/Tiguan Allspace

Quote Originally Posted by iDiesel View Post
    Yep, mine got louder over the space of about 2 months
    Once they fixed it, everything is back to normal
    Nice, it’s good to know that it’s repairable. I’ve driven the car to work today and tbh it’s not too bad or maybe I’m trying to ignore it unconsciously. lol but I can still hear easily that electrical interference type of noise on my right side. I think I’ll get used to this soon as well.

Users Country Flag
    Yeah, once you hear it, you can't un-hear it
    2018 Allspace 162TSI R Line

Hello,
    Long time reader, first time poster here. My Tiguan Rline has developed a creaking noise while turning. It is only noticeable when turning the wheel while standing or low speed.

I asked the dealer to check it out, but said there was no fault found. Hope this link works to video file of sound (listen out for low pitch creaking) Microsoft OneDrive - Access files anywhere. Create docs with free Office Online.
    Last edited by Blackyjj; 08-10-2021 at 06:33 PM.

One noise I get is wind buffering, which sounds like it’s from the side mirrors.
    never had such noise with any other car so someone missed something in the wind tunnel during testing

Quote Originally Posted by vdubbed12 View Post
    Thanks for the detailed tip. I don’t hear anything in the cabin when letting off my foot - I mean it’s very quiet other than normal clicking downshifting sounds sometimes. It’s only on light to medium acceleration that I hear this noise. Like what iDiesel mentioned I thought it was a loud exhaust sound.

I’ve seen the video clip on UK Tiguan forum where a guy who is based in Taiwan had the problem - that sounded really mechanically problematic as he lets off his foot. That’s probably what you had?

Edit: Found the video - - YouTube

Volkswagen Tiguan II (201 - DSG transmission noise (2.0 TSI 4Motion) - YouTube
    This sounds just like my issue, which has been described as prop shaft back lash by the VW mechanic; Tiguan mk2 DSG "clunk" - YouTube
    Last edited by iampivot; 19-12-2021 at 11:56 PM.
    132TSI Tiguan Allspace

Users Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Blackyjj View Post
    Hello,
    Long time reader, first time poster here. My Tiguan Rline has developed a creaking noise while turning. It is only noticeable when turning the wheel while standing or low speed.

I asked the dealer to check it out, but said there was no fault found. Hope this link works to video file of sound (listen out for low pitch creaking) Microsoft OneDrive - Access files anywhere. Create docs with free Office Online.
    Dont haul on the wheel while stopped When I was learning to drive my father would clip my ear if I did that. He said NEVER turn the wheel while car was stationary
    2021 Kamiq LE 110 , Moon White, BV cameras F & B
    Mamba Ebike to replace Tiguan

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123