Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Noises in Tiguan/Tiguan Allspace

Users Country Flag

Go under the car, come very close to middle resonator ( just under driver seat) Let someone in car press gas pedal slowly over 1000rpm- 2000 rpm ,going to much rev will mix with engine sound ( you will notice mostly when realising gas ) And see if I that noise what you hear inside cabin , it should sound like grinding metal scraping sound.

Quote Originally Posted by cameleon72 View Post
    Go under the car, come very close to middle resonator ( just under driver seat) Let someone in car press gas pedal slowly over 1000rpm- 2000 rpm ,going to much rev will mix with engine sound ( you will notice mostly when realising gas ) And see if I that noise what you hear inside cabin , it should sound like grinding metal scraping sound.

Thanks for the detailed tip. I don’t hear anything in the cabin when letting off my foot - I mean it’s very quiet other than normal clicking downshifting sounds sometimes. It’s only on light to medium acceleration that I hear this noise. Like what iDiesel mentioned I thought it was a loud exhaust sound.

I’ve seen the video clip on UK Tiguan forum where a guy who is based in Taiwan had the problem - that sounded really mechanically problematic as he lets off his foot. That’s probably what you had?

Edit: Found the video - https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=NBQgEN153h8

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=jNhokqRDEfw
    Last edited by vdubbed12; 11-07-2020 at 11:27 PM.

Mine’s similar to this type of noise although not as prominent as in the video and it’s the fuel injector in this case. Mine fades away going over 2000rpm. So I’m leaning towards the fuel rail.

YouTube

Users Country Flag
    I don't want to scare you but that Guy from Taiwan with White Tiguan ,has same issue with DSG shown which I have with my car. He posted video link on YouTube on UK Tiguan forum . Same DSG fault as many unlucky people here in Au and all around world with DQ500 horror experience. Take look here YouTube is this similar what you hear when light apply in gas pedal tap, going also in reverse ? look video with DSG issues . contact me on PM , I can explain you easy way to check. If you bought car new recently don't wait straight complain to NSW Fair trading. This is serious issue DSG and will go more bad overtime .will not go away!

Nop definitely not this (touch wood).

I get a rattle from the parcel shelf over bumps. It's getting more pronounced as the car ages (it's still under 5000km). I'm pretty sure it's coming from the drivers-side mounting pin where the shelf clicks into the bracket. I can remove the shelf to stop the noise but I'd really like to keep it in place. Haven't got the dealer's opinion yet as it used to be infrequent, but now it's pretty regular.

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by vdubbed12 View Post
    Like what iDiesel mentioned I thought it was a loud exhaust sound.
    I've uploaded a video of the noise I had, which was diagnosed as a fuel rail rattle.
    The noise was loudest on the nearside of the engine between the engine and the firewall
    It was prominent on start up, until the idle reduced (about 37 secs into the video.
    Once this happened, you could only hear it under load when accelerating (gradual and WOT) between about 2,000 and 3,600 RPM
    Revving the engine while in neutral, it was almost imperceptible

Hope this helps - Tiguan Allspace 2018 fuel rail rattling noise - YouTube
    2018 Allspace 162TSI R Line

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by readyone View Post
    I get a rattle from the parcel shelf over bumps. It's getting more pronounced as the car ages (it's still under 5000km). I'm pretty sure it's coming from the drivers-side mounting pin where the shelf clicks into the bracket. I can remove the shelf to stop the noise but I'd really like to keep it in place. Haven't got the dealer's opinion yet as it used to be infrequent, but now it's pretty regular.
    I had this on a Ford Focus - solution was to wrap a bit of black insulation tape around the pin... just enough to pack it so it wouldn't rattle and still be easily removable. Black so it was barely visible.
    Tiguan Highline 162TSI | Indium Grey | DAP | MY18

Quote Originally Posted by iDiesel View Post
    I've uploaded a video of the noise I had, which was diagnosed as a fuel rail rattle.
    The noise was loudest on the nearside of the engine between the engine and the firewall
    It was prominent on start up, until the idle reduced (about 37 secs into the video.
    Once this happened, you could only hear it under load when accelerating (gradual and WOT) between about 2,000 and 3,600 RPM
    Revving the engine while in neutral, it was almost imperceptible

Hope this helps - Tiguan Allspace 2018 fuel rail rattling noise - YouTube
    Thanks very much for uploading the video and detailed description. I’ll have a good listen to mine later. I haven’t been driving my Allspace for a while now so I’ll see if it’s any different. But after I heard it a few times previously, I thought it was becoming a bit like a loud fake exhaust sound or something. Has it gone away after the fix?

Users Country Flag

Yep, mine got louder over the space of about 2 months
    Once they fixed it, everything is back to normal
    2018 Allspace 162TSI R Line

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast